Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ste7en

DEAD EVENT screens tomorrow in The Kingston Hotel! First up in a short film showcase at 1.15pm.

Its part of the Underground Cinema festival taking place this weekend which is running a audience award!

So if you're free and fancy some zombie-wrestling foolishness. Check out www.facebook.com/deadevent

ooooor

http://www.undergroundcinema-filmfestival.com/saturdayshortprogram1.htm and come down to Dun Laoghaire and vote for DEAD f'n EVENT! Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

before you guys hit "report" button for wrong section, "Dead Event" is a short wrestling film!
    Battleaxe Barry was a rising star of the Irish wrestling scene, until the day he lost it all. Now Battleaxe is back, having beaten the booze, having beaten his divorce, he's ready to beat his demons in the wrestling ring, and if those demons turn out to be zombies, and if his comeback coincides with the end of the world, then so be it. He's still here, he's still a champion and he'll show his fans, living or dead, what it means to be the man with a battle to fight, and an axe to grind...10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

To receive your FREE bottle of Heineken. Just walk up to Phily The Kid or Justin Shape at the show and quote the special promotional phrase: ''Gimme my beer now''. And we'll hook you up.

I want to point out that if anyone says this to me I'll smash that beer into their face.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

Don't forget about Poetry Slam tonight people!
    8pm, The Complex Smithfield. BRING YOUR OWN BEER! Over 18s. People have been crying out for over 18 shows for a long time so get out there. The last one was off the charts!
    Justin Shape, Philly The Kid, Danny Butler, Tucker, Bonesaw, OMEN, Paul Tracey and Jordan Devlin are among the great names of Irish wrestling that will be in action! See ya there!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I want to point out that if anyone says this to me I'll smash that beer into their face.

You could claim to be Justin Bad-Form.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiWlujHuXp8&feature=player_embedded

Tried to edit start and the end but for some reason it won't work anyway

enjoy

now calling it The Revolution

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I'll probably be there. 8pm is bell time or doors opening time?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

d1975 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiWlujHuXp8&feature=player_embedded

Tried to edit start and the end but for some reason it won't work anyway

enjoy

now calling it The Revolution

That was the name of my old tag-team in Irish Whip Wrestling? :p

Call it The Wrestling Observer, I think that's free.

Poetry Slam tonight was frigging awesome, i'm too wrecked to write a review but kudos to everyone involved, loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Charisteas wrote: »
    Poetry Slam tonight was frigging awesome, i'm too wrecked to write a review but kudos to everyone involved, loved it!
    Agreed, it was easily the best Irish wrestling show I have ever been too. That second poet set a great chant in da do Ron Ron in our section!!!

• Advertisement

Agreed, it was easily the best Irish wrestling show I have ever been too. That second poet set a great chant in da do Ron Ron in our section!!!

Yeah I was in that section too, probably sitting pretty close to ya.

I thought that girl had some great promo skills actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

i was at that show tonight standing behind your section lads, the show was class every match was good , I really enjoyed the show i hope tesco express dont stop poetry slam 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

sounds like a fúcking deadly night out. pity i missed it but couldn't be helped. raise a glass to ye lads!

Oh and Justins DCW comment brought a massive smile to my face, especially since I was sitting beside the DCW lads :p

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Fight Factory Pro Wrestling and No Limit's Wrestling would like to thank everyone who attended the show last night. - What a show by the way, great crowd. Who wants to see PoetrySlam 3?? Remember to go to http://www.thecomplex.ie/ and tell them how great the show was. Go to the 'Press Room' The Complex Vs. Tesco page.

Quick Results:

Tucker Def. Bonesaw

'Big & Dirty' John Jennings & Katey Harvey Def. Philly The Kid & Lucious Lucy

'Lord of the Manor' Paul Tracey retained his 'No Limits' Championship against 'Scum of the Earth' Robbie Morrisey & Jordan 'David Frank' Devlin

Dunkan Disorderly w/Rachel St. Claire Def. OMEN w/Father Soul

Kasey Owens Def. Leigh Owens

'More man than most' Danny Butler Def. 'The Lunge Time Special' Justin Shape in a Deal or No Deal match.

Thanks to all who attended Poetry Slam 2 last night. On a personal note, it was one of the best wrestling shows I have been a part of or witnessed. Props to all who made it happen. As FFPW_Office already said, we need YOUR help to make sure Poetry Slam 3 happens so visit http://www.thecomplex.ie/ and tell them how great the show was. Go to the 'Press Room' The Complex Vs. Tesco page.

Thanks to all the poets, all the organisers, all the wrestlers and most of all, all the fans who made it a great night.

NLW 5th Anniversary Show
    Sunday 25th September 2011
    Moat Theatre, Naas Co. Kildare
    Tickets €12 each from Moat Box Office: (045) 88 3030
    Book online at www.moattheatre.com (€1 booking fee online)
    Featuring Former WWE Tag Team Champion Scotty 2 Hotty in action
    Plus the first ever "LUCK OF THE DRAW LADDER MATCH"
    ***Less than 60 tickets remain for this show, there may be no tickets left on the night so book early***

During the 'Deal or No Deal' match, when the ring announcer entered the ring half way through the match and said he had a call from the banker, what he should have said and what would have got a bigger pop-

"Can I have your attention please, I have just received a phone call from the anonymous general banker........... and I quote"

:pac:

Charisteas wrote: »
    During the 'Deal or No Deal' match, when the ring announcer entered the ring half way through the match and said he had a call from the banker, what he should have said and what would have got a bigger pop-

"Can I have your attention please, I have just received a phone call from the anonymous general banker........... and I quote"

:pac:

You so right ... why didn't i think of that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

We've had great feedback about poetry slam from everyone so far. It was a great night and everyone went home happy I think.If one of the lads here could post a short review that'd be great but then again memories might not be the best but you could give it a go.

We've had great feedback about poetry slam from everyone so far. It was a great night and everyone went home happy I think.If one of the lads here could post a short review that'd be great but then again memories might not be the best but you could give it a go.
    I'll have one up before tomorrow evening ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Im trying to send a letter in on the Press Room page but it just tells me about Tesco. Doesn't give me and option to write something or am I just going blind?

I'll have one up before tomorrow evening ;)

Looking forward to it!

I'm still a rookie to the Irish Indy scene. PoetrySlam2 was only my second event after the Inchicore show last month, i'm still putting names to faces so it would be pointless of me to try and write any kind of review.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

If one of the lads here could post a short review that'd be great but then again memories might not be the best but you could give it a go.

It might be a struggle to get a proper, coherent review of a BYOB event.

No Limit Wrestling's big 5th Anniversary Show is just a couple of weeks away. On Sunday, September 25th at the Moat Theatre in Naas, Co. Kildare, the action kicks off at 6.30pm. Confirmed so far....

'LUCK OF THE DRAW' LADDER MATCH
    Dunkan Disorderly Vs. Philly The Kid Vs. OMEN Vs. "All Star" Anthony Idol
    We will list the rules of this match in the coming days.

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH
    Bonesaw Vs. Scotty 2 Hotty
    When Bonesaw got wind of Former WWE Superstar Scotty 2 Hotty coming to No Limit Wrestling, he was the first to challenge the ex Tag Champion. Scotty has accepted and the match has been made official.

PLUS
    Team MEGA (Danny Butler & Justin Shape)
    Shawn Maxer
    T R O N
    NLW World Heavyweight Champion Sir Paul Tracey
    and many more!

Sunday 25th September 2011
    Moat Theatre, Naas, Co. Kildare
    Bell Time: 6.30pm
    Tickets €12
    Available Now from Box Office: (045) 88 30 30
    or online: www.moattheatre.com
    **** Less than 60 Tickets remain - Book NOW! ****
    SCOTTY2-1.jpg

Dublin fans will be in for a treat on Sunday 9th October when
    No Limit Wrestling
    and Main Stage Wrestling join forces to bring you a Supershow featuring former WWE, ECW and TNA Superstar
    RHINO

Join us at Good Counsel GAA Club, Davitt Road, Dublin 12 (LUAS stop right outside) on Sunday 9th October at 6.30pm. Tickets are €10. To book tickets call 085 749 6810.

Don't miss your chance to see RHINO in action and meet him at the show

25pn290.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

Just posting this up for WCJ cos he hasnt got a boards account. Enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxImYknIuXo

The second we stepped into The Complex, the mood was set for the night. Usually, Irish wrestling shows I attend are in community centres or gyms, but this made me feel like I was entering something out of Fight Club. It really helped set the athmosphere for an over 18s wrestling/ poetry night. The ring was...

...Yes that's right, wrestling AND poetry! When I was waiting outside I got talking to a woman who was only here for the poetry and had no clue how the event would work, and either did I! But I was suprised at how well it blended together. The poets were great and, for the most part, enjoyed the banter from the wrestling fans and their chants between poems.

But this I about the wrestling, and what a quality night it was! It was easily the best show I have been to in Ireland. Everyone brought their A game and they played off the extremely pumped up crowd perfectly.

Tucker Def. Bonesaw

Perfect way to start the show. Tucker is one of my favourite guys to watch in Ireland now, if not my favourite. The intensity behind him reminds me of a young Davey Richards. Good fast paced match to get us started.

'Big & Dirty' John Jennings & Katey Harvey Def. Philly The Kid & Lucious Lucy

How over are Lucy and Phil? Jesus they both got some reception. Helped of course by Jennings who is a natural heel and my introduction to a very talented Katey Harvey. Good mixed tagged action that was a classic pure face vs heel contest which is missed in a see of anti heroes.

'Lord of the Manor' Paul Tracey retained his 'No Limits' Championship against 'Scum of the Earth' Robbie Morrisey & Jordan 'David Frank' Devlin

Jordan has just returned from a tour of Zero 1 and it shows. While Devlin was always a great wrestler to watch, he seems to have gained that extra something. I can't put by finger on it exactly, but his moves have become alot more seamless and smoother. If I do another Irish Top 30 this year he has to be a very strong contender for the top 3 group.
    The match was great, Tracey has his gimmick down to a fine art at this stage and has it working perfectly with his in ring style. Robbie I haven't seen alot of before but I thought he was good, maybe out shined by the other two wrestlers who are ahead of most guys in the country in terms of skill, but I'd like to see more of him before I fully judge. For a moment at the end I was convinced Jordan would take the title, which would have caused the roof to blow with the crowd being so behind him. Great match.

Dunkan Disorderly w/Rachel St. Claire Def. OMEN w/Father Soul

Match of the night. These two really displayed why Irish guys should spend the time and money working on their gear, appearance and, most importantly, skill. This match wouldn't have seemed out of place on a ROH show. In fact, why hasn't anyone from the States come knocking on Dunkans door? He has all the tools to become massive, especially in the US indie scene. Same for Omen, he could tear through Chikara and become a monster heel in the company.

The match was excellent, had a slow build and just exploded at the end. Great brawls, mat wrestling and outside the ring action. And let's not forget about Father Soul, who knows how to get under a crowds skin. Soul is everything you want from a heel manager and goes perfectly with OMEN. While some managers take away from the match and others jut fade into the background, Soul let's you know he is around and without you missing a single piece of the action.

Kasey Owens Def. Leigh Owens

Delighted we got a women's match between the Owens sisters. Ireland isn't just producing high quality male wrestlers, but women who could give the WWEs Divas divisor a run for their money. No piss break here guys, these two put on an entertaining match that I would have loved to have been given more time, that would be my only complaint, it was over a bit too soon, but it's an extremely minor one. Let these two go at it again but for longer!

'More man than most' Danny Butler Def. 'The Lunge Time Special' Justin Shape in a Deal or No Deal match.

They always say that tag teams always make the best opponents, and these two proved that tonight. The self proclaimed "Second best wrestler in Ireland" Justin Shape knows how to get a crowd against him, and it ensured that Butler came out to a heroes welcome. The match was really fun and featured some great spots. Justin getting chopped by the crowd was a great as always, and the spot with the table was brilliant. Great wrestling from both men and it was the perfect ending to the night.

It's a shame that the night wasnt recorded because I'd love to show it off to my friends, but I guess that just means Ill have to bring them along to show 3 because they NEED to see this, and so does any Irish wrestling fan. Seriously, if ever there was an event to make you want to attend more Irish shows, this is it. I know alot of guys on Boards complained about kids ruining shows, but this is the answer to your prayers. So next time give it a shot, because it is everything you have been asking for.

Thanks to FFPW and NLW for putting together such a fantastic night, and hopefully Tesco will keep away, unless they want us back in the frozen veg aisle for Poetry Slam 3!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Great Review there TBC . Kinda annoyed i didnt go :mad::mad: . Hopefully make the next one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 wrestlefan101

just bought tickets to the nlw show in nass with scotty 2 hotty on and the woman said there was only a few tickets left. lucky i decided to buy them and not buy at the door. lookin forwardd to tat now and rhino show in inchicore. cant wait. and bret hart in limerick. wat a month. ill be broke after but wat a fix of wrestling. might also go dcw tomorrow if its still on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

I think a special mention should go out to the MC and the referee for the night Jamie Colman & Paddy Morrow. Also Captain Deadbones Dawkins for giving out free jello shots of rum.

Advertisement