Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭ThePott

I made a joke of how ludicrous and over the top your aggressive and dismissive comment was and then when you doubled down, I wrote a proper response about why it was said on a podcast (one of your issues) and how it was messed up that you just dismissed someone talking about poor conduct or behaviour and rather than address that you posted a clip from Pineapple Express.

I don't want to be clogging up the boards with nonsense like that, if you have an argument or point to make, then make it otherwise just chill out a bit or stop overreacting to a podcast that no one asked you to listen to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Only proper way to sort this out is via press conference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Sirsok wrote: »
    Only proper way to sort this out is via press conference

Let's do it on a date that has nothing else going on? Brexit deadline day maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

That's at least 3 of us down for a press conference, promising numbers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭ThePott

I'll get onto Mike McGrath from PWTorch :pac:

• Advertisement

Bill Sapter to take photos.

Hasnt been this much beef since Conor Hurley threatened to fight a boardsie in tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

Everyone still excited about the CCW comeback then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Sirsok wrote: »
    Bill Sapter to take photos.

Hasnt been this much beef since Conor Hurley threatened to fight a boardsie in tipperary

Ah good ol Ger C trolled poor Conor something rotten. Great times.

So OTT is in the Kilnamanagh Family Resource Centre later? Any idea on parking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Not making tonight show, but hopefully some announcements for the 5 th anniversary show. As tickets go on sale Monday. Assume were heading to Jordan/Starr/Walter match at 5 th anniversary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 scsei

Fantastic show tonight. Love the new venue, hoping it's the regular spot from now on. Although I am biased since I'm from Tallaght

GOD confirmed for Anniversary show, as are Mike Bailey, Orange Cassidy, Eddie Kingston and Moustache Mountain.

Great show as always tonight, great venue too TBH. Looked like it sold out anyway which is awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

The photos I saw the venue looked like a small box??

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

What was the venue like for parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 scsei

Large car park onsite, tonnes of room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

https://streamable.com/amp_player/7dwxu?__twitter_impression=true

Dickhead. Foxy made the 3 count. Apparently the wrestler was due to get his shoulder up but didn’t. He went to town on Foxy as a shoot. Despite the fact he was due to lose anyway.

Hope he never gets booked again. Josh Biden I think?

EDIT: Fake News. It wasn’t Foxy. Still a dick move.

Referee has had to retire from his reffing job in wrestling and soccer and is looking for "spare change".

Got floor seats. First three rows sold out in 3 minutes. The prices for first 3 row were to high for me but clearly a crowd happy to pay that so fair play to them. We have Star Vs. Devlin, wonder what else? Killer Kross seems like an odd shout but suppose something different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

jface187 wrote: »
    Got floor seats. First three rows sold out in 3 minutes. The prices for first 3 row were to high for me but clearly a crowd happy to pay that so fair play to them. We have Star Vs. Devlin, wonder what else? Killer Kross seems like an odd shout but suppose something different.

Yeah I would never pay them prices. Got my floor seats though. Row D, so 4th row :) EDIT: wait I got row D before, because they put down extra seats its not 4th, but I am happy anyway.

I just hope it doesn't go longer than 4 hours.

I got block A row H, any one know these good seats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

jface187 wrote: »
    We have Star Vs. Devlin, wonder what else?

Kate Harvey Vs Valkrie

Moustache Mountain i'm guessing will defend against Tru Pros or MTH.

I wonder if the lads who slap the mat managed to get front row seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

showpony1 wrote: »
    I wonder if the lads who slap the mat managed to get front row seats.

Like he does every single other time ever? It's always the exact same people in the very front rows is it not?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pretty sure the front row is always undercover guys involved in the production of the show, trainee wrestlers and the like. They're always in position to catch the suicide dives and top turnbuckle spots. :) I've vague memories of Aonghus Óg Mcanally in a CM Punk style t-shirt getting the crowd going at OTT shows in Limerick before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Omackeral wrote: »
    Like he does every single other time ever? It's always the exact same people in the very front rows is it not?

There's a particular set that are always front row at every show I've been at, it wouldn't surprise me if their seats were held from general sale as 'friends of the company' or some such.

I've only managed to get front row tickets twice, got second row this morning for the Anniversary show.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

That slapping the mat annoys me way more than it should.

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    That slapping the mat annoys me way more than it should.

So funny, the people generally around me audibly groan when it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Omackeral wrote: »
    Always finds his way on camera as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To be fair the lads get those spots because they go to every single OTT show, no matter where it is, and queue up crazy early to make sure they get their seats. Can’t really argue with that like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

leggo wrote: »
    To be fair the lads get those spots because they go to every single OTT show, no matter where it is, and queue up crazy early to make sure they get their seats. Can’t really argue with that like.

The "Mat Slappers" have put themselves out there in the same way the Ward Section once did in the Tivoli and will get inevitable backlash from a certain section of the fans when they see OTT have embraced them as "performers".

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    The "Mat Slappers" have put themselves out there in the same way the Ward Section once did in the Tivoli and will get inevitable backlash from a certain section of the fans when they see OTT have embraced them as "performers".

The ward section gave some added value to the atmosphere though, they were loud so the rest of the crowd tried to be louder. The "Slappers" don't really add anything. Maybe it looks good on video.

I remember Justy gave a promo before saying something like you only go to these shows to watch yourselves back later online. Wasn't directed at anyone in particular just the fans but it was more eloquently put than what I have paraphrased. Was a great promo.

Advertisement