Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Weren't the Ward Section plants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

The lads get front row same seats as they queue hours before doors open. They don't work for OTT. When there's crowd interaction or dives on to people, that's when the trainees come out for that spot and then leave.

Why would they not make money off expensive seats and just give them to staff instead of patrons?

At Scrapper the front row lads were queueing in the rain three hours before doors opened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

brianblaze wrote: »
    At Scrapper the front row lads were queueing in the rain three hours before doors opened

Scrappermania front row was assigned seating..

showpony1 wrote: »
    Scrappermania front row was assigned seating..

They were still there... Same with this weekend, as there were complaints about doors not opening on time.

There's no conspiracy is my point

They were still there... Same with this weekend, as there were complaints about doors not opening on time.

There's no conspiracy is my point

This weekend in Tallaght there was just early entry passes not assigned seating at front row so there was a necessity to queue.

In the stadium - it is assigned seat numbers so people are questioning how the same people are able to get these very limited seats off eventbrite - getting front row seats in stadium has nothing to do with queuing.

Possibly they are just fast off the mark getting them- but just explaining above as what you are saying in last post doesn't make much sense.

• Advertisement

This weekend in Tallaght there was just early entry passes not assigned seating at front row so there was a necessity to queue.

In the stadium - it is assigned seat numbers so people are questioning how the same people are able to get these very limited seats off eventbrite - getting front row seats in stadium has nothing to do with queuing.

Possibly they are just fast off the mark getting them- but just explaining above as what you are saying in last post doesn't make much sense.

Which part is confusing you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I’d say it’s because of the reasons already given tbh: they’re ridiculously loyal customers who’ve poured a rake of time and money into the company over the years so likely get some VIP perks for shows like this (that’s me guessing btw, I don’t know or particularly care). It’s also good business in a product that offers VOD to have their most enthusiastic, reactionary people close to cam. Otherwise you risk having a lad who only came to see NJPW names sitting on his hands for matches with local wrestlers etc.

WWE do the same with fans like Izzy etc, AEW give media good seats and backstage access, Progress same. It’s a fairly done thing and basing it on the level of fandom is actually a pretty fair, unbiased way of running it tbh. That way you guys could get the same treatment if you showed the same level of fandom, whereas if it was just given to mates of wrestlers etc you’d never have a shot.

Which part is confusing you?

Your point was they were outside National Stadium queuing for 3 hours as if that somehow correlates to them getting to sit in the front row - when it is an assigned seating event.

Queuing last weekend made sense as it was unassigned seating therefore first come first served. You could start queuing now if you want for the Stadium show but if you don't have a front row ticket you won't be sitting there. People were just wondering how they obtained said front row tickets in first place.

*awaits irrelevant response*

leggo wrote: »
    That way you guys could get the same treatment if you showed the same level of fandom.

Not a very considered comment I'm sure there are plenty of posters here at every show and in front row etc. who enjoy the show without trying to be a part of it.

Not a very considered comment I'm sure there are plenty of posters here at every show and in front row etc. who enjoy the show without trying to be a part of it.

Right, so no matter how it's explained, you want to find a reason to make issues with people who don't affect you. Grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Im in block D happy enough with that,really looking forward to it now.

Right, so no matter how it's explained, you want to find a reason to make issues with people who don't affect you. Grand.

I didn't say I'd any problem with it i was wondering if they actually just were fast off the mark on Eventbrite that's about the extent of it. (a couple of posters then said those fans that slap the mat annoy them).

I then had to explain how queuing had nothing to do with stadium front row seats several times.

Thanks for your explanation anyway which was just you guessing (and comparing giving a couple of loyal fans front row seats to AEW looking after the media).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

I didn't say I'd any problem with it i was wondering if they actually just were fast off the mark on Eventbrite that's about the extent of it. (a couple of posters then said those fans that slap the mat annoy them).

I then had to explain how queuing had nothing to do with stadium front row seats several times.

Thanks for your explanation anyway which was just you guessing (and comparing giving a couple of loyal fans front row seats to AEW looking after the media).
    It is mad that it’s the same people in the front at every show would say at this stage it’s about 8 people in a row same faces same position and camera pointing at certain times.
    I used to go to most of the shows it’s around this time last year since I’ve been, in the early days used to always get seated tickets for the Tivoli but I noticed around the time of the first stadium show front row tickets impossible to get and it’s the same ever since.
    Last time I was talking to one of the above (mat slappers😂) I was asking him about it only said he has no problem getting the front row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That grey-haired **** pheasant that slaps the mat actually has the most slappable face of them all, funnily enough.

I know the lad you're talking about and he's legitimately one of the only people I've met in the entire community not a single person has had an issue with. A genuine nice guy through and through.

Until now. On boards. Where someone wants to slap him for no reason.

That's normal.

I know the lad you're talking about and he's legitimately one of the only people I've met in the entire community not a single person has had an issue with. A genuine nice guy through and through.

Until now. On boards. Where someone wants to slap him for no reason.

That's normal.

Ah leggo would ya ever go and sh*te. I said he has a slappable head, not that I want to slap him. I'm sure he's bang on. You're an absolute bore at this stage.

So aggressive over absolutely nothing, u ok hun?

So aggressive over absolutely nothing, u ok hun?

Ha remember that ''u ok hun'' thing about 6 years ago? Gas. Just sick of you being the answer to the question nobody asked is all. A turn of phrase is jumped on by you acting the white knight... as usual.

White knight? I’m literally pointing out that it’s strange to call someone who’s essentially a randomer to you and not even a wrestler/public figure a “**** pheasant” with a “slappable face” on a message board because he doesn’t watch wrestling the way you do.

That is a bit mental man, come on now...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

I don't think there's any problem with the tickets and I'm sure they're all sound people, but they annoy me so much constantly walking up to the ring to slap the mat, or like in a gif I saw from saturday walk up to the ring to stick the middle finger up at Zack Gibson, can they not just stay by their seat like everyone else and react from there? Also I've sat behind them in the Tivoli before and constantly having them standing up while I'm trying to sit and watch the show is a bit much.

• Advertisement

Well said Ali. That was essentially my point but you said it in a nicer way! To me, some of them folks are basically the Irish version of that gimp from the front row of NXT that has somehow become a part of the show. Hope it's ok that I called him a gimp and that I don't get psychoanalysed...

I get what you're saying lads, but still these are just normal people in a small scene and there's a decent chance they're reading this, so yeah it's weird to be super aggressive or throwing out personal insults. Imagine you were at a gig or in the cinema at the weekend and you saw someone chatting on boards about you like, "That absolute **** pheasant with the red shirt has a slappable face. He danced when they played that song and I prefer to stand there and listen." You'd think the person who said it was an absolute looper who's obsessing over you, just another punter enjoying your night, for no reason. You have to see that surely? It's not the same as just making a comment to your mates and leaving it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Do you think they'd carry on with their big shocked faces, slapping the mat and acting like kids if the event wasn't recorded and there wasn't a photographer present?
    I don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I get what you're saying lads, but still these are just normal people in a small scene and there's a decent chance they're reading this, so yeah it's weird to be super aggressive or throwing out personal insults. Imagine you were at a gig or in the cinema at the weekend and you saw someone chatting on boards about you like, "That absolute **** pheasant with the red shirt has a slappable face. He danced when they played that song and I prefer to stand there and listen." You'd think the person who said it was an absolute looper who's obsessing over you, just another punter enjoying your night, for no reason. You have to see that surely? It's not the same as just making a comment to your mates and leaving it there.

Well you said they get to a level of fandom were they are known and it's reached that. Like some bloke called Izzy or something.

Your red shirt person, would have to be a regular fixture at the gig or cinema in your analogy. Do the exact same things at the exact same spots every single time. That would make me roll my eyes. Others would say they have a slappable face.

Your point was they were outside National Stadium queuing for 3 hours as if that somehow correlates to them getting to sit in the front row - when it is an assigned seating event.

Queuing last weekend made sense as it was unassigned seating therefore first come first served. You could start queuing now if you want for the Stadium show but if you don't have a front row ticket you won't be sitting there. People were just wondering how they obtained said front row tickets in first place.

*awaits irrelevant response*

How is me pointing out that they are in the queue first for each OTT show and have been to nearly every show, irrelevant? It shows they are big fans of the company and product?

Would I be surprised if they got to buy those seats ahead of the shows? No? But every other show they're there early, and often.

To be there early for a show where they knew they had their seats already, in the rain.... Shows even more dedication!

If you are weirdly jealous of someone's seat, show up early and sit there instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

What have I stumbled upon lads.

There is really no need to get so triggered about a few lads who go to a place every week getting the best seats. They seem to have some sort of joke amongst themselves and seem to be happy.

Let them at it.

In other news, think it's finally official that Session Moth signed with ROH! Word is out on Twitter anyway!

If you are weirdly jealous of someone's seat, show up early and sit there instead?

Nail on head.

What are you and leggo advocating exactly? That lads just arrive early to the stadium and just take seats that are already assigned to ticket holders?

Please explain what you mean since the nail has hit the head.

• Advertisement

No that there’s a large bang of jealousy here because they’re sitting in good seats. And he’s saying that if you queue up as early, attend as many shows and be as active a part in the scene as much as them then you’ll be in line to get the same perks. It’s as simple as that. As explained, the system appears to be as fair a system as there is.

There’s no need to be throwing digs at other fans who’ve done absolutely nothing wrong here. If you feel excluded or like you’re missing out on good seats, you’re excluding yourself by having this attitude instead of just doing what they do and positively participating in the scene. Do you not see the correlation between you spending your time on boards giving out about other fans, trying to stir up dirt constantly and NOT getting nice perks at the end of it all? Why would OTT go out of their way to look after you when next week you’re just going to be ‘asking questions’ and trying to stir up another controversy where there is none? You’ve made a choice by being this way and a consequence of that is, when front row seats are up for grabs for special fans, you’re not considered.

I’ve no dog in this fight btw. I don’t work with OTT, nor am I particularly close to the people you’re discussing, it just is what it is.

Advertisement