Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

brianblaze wrote: »
    In other news, think it's finally official that Session Moth signed with ROH! Word is out on Twitter anyway!

And Cena now follows her on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Do you think they'd carry on with their big shocked faces, slapping the mat and acting like kids if the event wasn't recorded and there wasn't a photographer present?
    I don't think so.

They were doing the same thing, and reacting in the same way at every OTT show in the Tivoli before the cameras, so yeah they absolutely would!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's entirely possible to wonder how someone gets front row seats all the time, same as those fans in WWE.

It's entirely possible to think someone acts annoyingly or, funnily enough, over the top, same as those fans in WWE.

It's even entirely possible to think someone has a slappable face, much like some of the more known fans in WWE.

All of these things are possible without being jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Do you think they'd carry on with their big shocked faces, slapping the mat and acting like kids if the event wasn't recorded and there wasn't a photographer present?
    I don't think so.

I was filming ringside for Walter v Starr and even I was caught up in the excitement of a great match and show.

The whole point of going to wrestling is to get carried away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Good on martina for getting signed. Heard she turned down a NXT UK deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's entirely possible to wonder how someone gets front row seats all the time, same as those fans in WWE.

It's entirely possible to think someone acts annoyingly or, funnily enough, over the top, same as those fans in WWE.

It's even entirely possible to think someone has a slappable face, much like some of the more known fans in WWE.

All of these things are possible without being jealous.

Right. But something triggered you enough to post on here about it, and it's pretty clear that jealousy is it. Like if someone in OTT called you up and said "Hey want front row seats for the stadium?" you'd be slapping that ring like a good thing. If you didn't want those seats, you wouldn't care that they had them, wouldn't post at all and wouldn't start insulting the appearance of people you don't know. And that's not me psychoanalysing you, that's stating the obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

.....are we really debating this? Really? I was honestly hoping, when I saw how many extra pages were here since I last logged in, that people were going to be posting about the excitment with the OTT line-up, and the news about Martina.

But we have 3 pages, THREE PAGES, of people arguing about how some fans always seem to get front row tickets, and that they emerse themselves into the show?

Sure, I'll admit that sometimes it can be over the top, but I'm not watching them, I'm watching what's in the ring. And if they are giving it socks, that does look great on camera and it helps paint the picture of a rabid crowd for promo videos. If I was a promoter, those are exactly the people I'd want on camera since it helps sell the athmosphere or the impact of the matches/stories.

If your complaint is their seats, I hate to break the news to you, but the view right at the front sucks compared to being a few rows back. You are looking "up" into the ring and can easily miss things that spill out of the ring if they are on the other side. You miss much more than you might think.

But really, this is what we are debating?

Anyway, after the NJPW London show I can't wait to see how G.O.D deliver in their match. They have gotten better and better and have the right type of "attitude" that will work with the OTT crowd.

Delighted for Martina also with the signing. While NXT UK would have been great, you get the feeling that she would have less "restrictions" over the character with a company like ROH, which in the long run could protect her character more if she went to WWE in the future as opposed to going straight in now. Really looking forward to how Americans react to the gimmick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

She's been killing it in the US whenever she's been.

Really hope it's KOTN v GOD in October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

brianblaze wrote: »
    She's been killing it in the US whenever she's been.

Really hope it's KOTN v GOD in October

KOTN lost a loser leave town match at Scrappermania. Why they haven't been on a dublin card since. Something can happen between now and then though, it is wrestling ;)

I've been fantasy booking the card in my head for awhile now. Would love to see as the opener;

Moustache Mountain vs True Pros vs Angel Cruzers vs GOD

Total barn burner, action all over the place.

I would love if they mixed up the template though, the intro promo, with the catchphrase, to me is getting old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

leggo wrote: »
    No that there’s a large bang of jealousy here because they’re sitting in good seats. And he’s saying that if you queue up as early, attend as many shows and be as active a part in the scene as much as them then you’ll be in line to get the same perks. It’s as simple as that. As explained, the system appears to be as fair a system as there is.

There’s no need to be throwing digs at other fans who’ve done absolutely nothing wrong here. If you feel excluded or like you’re missing out on good seats, you’re excluding yourself by having this attitude instead of just doing what they do and positively participating in the scene. Do you not see the correlation between you spending your time on boards giving out about other fans, trying to stir up dirt constantly and NOT getting nice perks at the end of it all? Why would OTT go out of their way to look after you when next week you’re just going to be ‘asking questions’ and trying to stir up another controversy where there is none? You’ve made a choice by being this way and a consequence of that is, when front row seats are up for grabs for special fans, you’re not considered.

I’ve no dog in this fight btw. I don’t work with OTT, nor am I particularly close to the people you’re discussing, it just is what it is.

I don't work with OTT either.

If you read back over my posts you will see i had no problem with whoever gets them front row seats (i don't try to get the front row).

More speculation from you about seats for "special fans" you don't know about so why say it? reflects badly on those lads if they are getting them honestly.

It'll be a great day when OTT go out of their way to look after showpony1 from boards.ie (once attitude improves).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Certainly not jealous of people getting front row seats. No way I'm willing to pay what it costs for front row seats or queue that early. Plus I don't want to have to move everytime someone goes to do a dive ha. And yes I'm watching what's in the ring which is why I don't want to be watching people slapping the ring and even blocking my view to do so.

As for the 5th anniversary, I'm excited for Starr v Devlin and to get back for some live wrestling. Haven't been to OTT since ScrapperMania and the the last 5 mins of that show soured me on the promotion a bit. Will catch up on last Saturday's show tonight, didn't go because I though ticket price was too much. Pretty good line up announced for it, though I do not like the Orange Cassidy gimmick.

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    Haven't been to OTT since ScrapperMania and the the last 5 mins of that show soured me on the promotion a bit. .

What was that? Walter cowering from Joey Cabray etc?

showpony1 wrote: »
    What was that? Walter cowering from Joey Cabray etc?

The entire sequence. Walter hits his big move on Devlin. Gets a 2 count. Devlin still down but Walter decides to leave anyway. Then he runs away from Joe, MTH and Paul Tracey while Devlin is still down, which had I not been totally invested in the storyline up until then I may have found funny. Oh and then I believe despite almost walking out of the main event for no particular reason I think Walter shook Devlin's hand after the match? Was like something you'd see on a WWE show.

It's mad that the WWE wrestlers wrestled a match like you'd see in WWE.

I actually thought the match was phenomenal up until then. It was the finish that I hated. Which is why I said last 5 mins. Not like Vince McMahon was booking the show as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

My fantasy booker hat on, would love if they did a #1 contenders for the OTT title, gauntlet match. Typically these shows have a number of multi person matches, a gauntlet could be a fresh way to get a good few wrestlers on the card. Never seen one live either say it would be epic.

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    I actually thought the match was phenomenal up until then. It was the finish that I hated. Which is why I said last 5 mins. Not like Vince McMahon was booking the show as far as I'm aware.

it would have been great if it was the mat slappers blocking one of the exits from Walter :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

bot43 wrote: »
    And Cena now follows her on Twitter.

A great day!

She deserves any contract she gets. One of the hardest working performers out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

In fairness ive always found the OTT crowd very good when ive got the chance to go but its very cliquey and always felt theres definitely been a sense for me that the fans who have been there since it started look down on others

might just be me feeling that but i think its there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

nvm

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    In fairness ive always found the OTT crowd very good when ive got the chance to go but its very cliquey and always felt theres definitely been a sense for me that the fans who have been there since it started look down on others

might just be me feeling that but i think its there

i have been there since the start, i don't look down on you brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

showpony1 wrote: »
    i have been there since the start, i don't look down on you brother.

I will say when I’ve felt it it’s been a very small minority of hundreds or thousands of people depending on when I’ve been there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

Never posted in here before but just wanted to add my .2c!

I have been attending OTT shows consistently for nearly 3 years. There is a definite cliquey feel there at times, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. These people have built a community and friendships around wrestling, for some of them im sure its the only chance they get to meet up. I do however have a problem with the way they act outside the shows. As mentioned in a few posts, these people queue for hours to get their seats (when unassigned of course) so therefore deserve them, But not all of them do. On numerous occasions i have seen people rock on up 20 minutes before the show and join their gang at the front of the queue. I arrived 5 hours early for one of the Suir road shows before. When i arrived there was only a handful of people in front of me but by the time doors opened they had multiplied tenfold! To be fair, if i was part of their friend group I probably wouldn't care either.
    In all the shows I have attended i have never had any interactions with the usual suspects. My crippling inability to approach strangers has kept me from introducing myself to the aforementioned "**** pheasant", Bun tin guy or any of the OTT extended cinematic universe! But they all seem genuinely lovely.
    As for the front row conspiracy. My fiance and I have had front row tickets every show for the last year and lil Joey Cabray has not been handing them to me on the sly! I hide at work and desperately refresh Eventbrite like everyone else. I guess I must be as lucky as the "mat slappers".

Anyway, G.O.D, damn excited for their match regardless of who its with (as long as its not Justy! XD)

Right. But something triggered you enough to post on here about it, and it's pretty clear that jealousy is it.

Except it's not pretty clear because it's not the case. You are just incorrect. Why would I be jealous? I attend maybe 3 or 4 shows a year. I'm not a die-hard like those guys. I have other things of more interest to me. It was an off the cuff observation. Nothing more. Nothing less. But you will never ever just accept that you're not right about something after one of your deep meaningful posts so it's pointless even responding to you really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Sorry Leggo but I dislike those losers and am not jealous.

Sorry Leggo but I dislike those losers and am not jealous.

Thing is, your man in the front row of NXT is a headwrecker in a way to me and I'm not jealous of him. But something triggered me enough to post on here about it obviously, so it's pretty clear that jealousy is it... or something.

Lads if you don’t understand how it’s weird to post aggressively in public about people you don’t know but will likely be in the same room as within the next couple of months, I honestly can’t help you.

Posting about Brock Lesnar Guy? Grand, he’s unlikely to read this, is high profile and covets that infamy. Having a bitch about these lads in private with your mates? Also grand, you’re not obliged to like them and nobody is arguing you should. But they’re not public figures, aren’t benefitting in any material way and are just normal fans like yourselves that’ll read this. That’s weird, especially with how wound up you seem about it. Sorry but it just is.

Lads if you don’t understand how it’s weird to post aggressively in public about people you don’t know but will likely be in the same room as within the next couple of months, I honestly can’t help you.

Posting about Brock Lesnar Guy? Grand, he’s unlikely to read this, is high profile and covets that infamy. Having a bitch about these lads in private with your mates? Also grand, you’re not obliged to like them and nobody is arguing you should. But they’re not public figures, aren’t benefitting in any material way and are just normal fans like yourselves that’ll read this. That’s weird, especially with how wound up you seem about it. Sorry but it just is.

There's your problem. Nobody wants your help yet you insist on giving it out at every single turn.

Also, not every one is ''wound up'' or ''aggressive'' but are rather just posting/musing/chatting/remarking on a discussion site.

“Omackerel we’ve called you into this work performance review today because we’re concerned about your behaviour in the office. Last week you sent an email to the whole office talking about how a colleague in another department that you’ve never spoken to is, and I quote, a ‘**** pheasant’ with a ‘slappable face’. Do you understand why this kind of aggressive behaviour is unacceptable?”

“Aggressive??? Oh no, I assure you, this is just how I act normally.”

“...that’s WAY worse...”

“I’M NOT LOOKING FOR YOUR HELP OKAY I’M NORMAL THIS IS ALL NORMAL!”

• Advertisement

Anyway back on topic because this whole conversation is a meme at this point..

Fight Factory have their latest Episode show in a new, more central venue this afternoon. Sheriff Youth Hall is a 5-minute walk from Connolly Station and has a full bar with drink promos. Club Rock Shandy face the Angel Cruzers for the Irish Tag-Team Titles in the main event, while there’s also a Triple Trios match where the winning team gets a future shot at the IJHW and Tag Titles: More Than Hype vs Justy & The O3 vs The Mid-Card Mafia.

Advertisement