Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Making up genuinely bizarre scenarios now in your head and posting them here in a painfully unfunny way and yet you call others here odd? You can never ever just leave it. People sometimes have different outlooks or ways of saying things than you have. Deal with it. Your ego is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I agree with getting back to business though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Wrestling fans and wrestlers having a laugh in Twitter about Mat Slappers and **** Phesant comment.

Apparently going to get tshirts printed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

What royalties are owed to the pony for coining the term “Mat slappers”?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Sirsok wrote: »
    Wrestling fans and wrestlers having a laugh in Twitter about Mat Slappers and **** Phesant comment.

Apparently going to get tshirts printed up.

:rolleyes:

Officially a part of the show now so ok to be boo'd, posted about on forums, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Can I trademark the name Matt Slapper for when I grow up and become a wrestler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

brianblaze wrote: »

One of the greatest, has given countless hours of fun.

With Martina heading ROH and now Angel going on a break. OTT has lost its 2 most over the top performers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

brianblaze wrote: »

Sad news for Irish wrestling. Honestly he was a work horse and had some of the most fun and creative ideas sound in his matches. I really hope OTT convince him to appear at the next show to give him a proper send off, he more than deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sad news for Irish wrestling. Honestly he was a work horse and had some of the most fun and creative ideas sound in his matches. I really hope OTT convince him to appear at the next show to give him a proper send off, he more than deserves it.

From the sounds of his tweet he is taking time off. That may very well extend to being done forever (happens to a lot of guys) but no need for a send off. He left it very open in his words.

Lot of guys get burned out on the indies sadly. You can't count, say for example, the amount of Irish wrestlers who've come and gone over the last 15-17 years. Some stop enjoying it. Other's just get pissed off wrestling at the same level and some even plan on taking a break but end up not coming back. Who knows. Might even be other personal stuff.

• Advertisement

My dream match of Angel v Orange Cassidy was so close too...

:-(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Charlie Sterling had a similar tweet during the summer. I think the tragic death of Lionheart has given people a reminder to look after themselves a bit more, not just with physical injuries but on the emotional level too. Sterling and Cruz would both be guaranteed to get huge pops when they're ready to come back, but they need to be ready to do it for themselves and not because they feel under pressure to do it for the audience.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mod Note:

This thread seems to be the one that's generated 100% of the mods work this forum has had in the last few months. The aggressiveness on both sides, reading back over the last few days, is really sad.

By and large, this forum barely generates work for the mods, which I think is the sign of a good community. But this thread is really devolving, with the same users showing little interest in discussing wrestling, and only being interested in petty shots at each other. Its always this thread.

I'm going to start handing out thread bans after this post, and will be keeping a closer eye on it. I'm going to remove one or two posts from yesterday in the way of cleaning the thread up a bit. But consider this a final warning to both sides; your posting privileges will be removed if your only interest is petty, personal attacks on posters.

If you have issues with this, feel free to PM me or one of the other mods. But the discussion ends here in thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 princeparsnips

Sucks about Angel, who will stop the national stadium attacks now

Sucks about Angel, who will stop the national stadium attacks now

Truly we are all at risk now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Bringing my young kid to an NLW show in Naas as he has just gotten into wreslting

Are these shows decent?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Thinking of going to Belfast show for OTT next Sunday. Is it a fully seated event? I hate standing. Is there handy parking near by too? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭ThePott

Back from Phoenix Wrestling's The Late Late Show. They put the results up themselves but I'll do my usual notes if anyone wants a read. This was a show they put on in their wrestling school with very limited seating as a sort of thank you, it was a blast.

- B Cool def Raven Creed
    Really great match here. They played up the difference in gender, was very entertaining. Crowd was mad for Raven and when B Cool got shouted at he immediately put the crowd in it's place and no one insulted him again :pac:
    B Cool got the pin with his feet on the ropes, ref didn't see. Good opener.

-Team Stoner Dan def Team Anita Vaughan
    Didn't catch everyone on each team but Stoner Dan had Danny Cross, Con Carver and Mr. Charlie on his side and Anita Vaughan came out with a team of Nobodies. Lots of new talent getting a chance to shine in this match and it was fantastic. Cross took a hell of a beating and looked great. The Nobodies side had a really stiff hitter with an MMA style who looked vicious along with a "Gimp" in a black lucha mask who looked like an absolute monster. Everyone looked good here, people love Mr Charlie and his Box of mystery. In the end Stoner Dan was left with the Gimp and produced a massive blunt and slapped him over the head with it getting the pin, only to reveal there was a massive spanner in it. Enjoyed this.

-Butch Armstrong def Owen Richards after coming to help Marion Armstrong Owen and Marion had a feud after Owen's last seminar was interrupted by him. Marion has since been forced to retire due to knee injuries. He hosted the show with a cane in hand. Owen called him out and kicked the cane from under him and delivered some serious stomps to his knee. Butch came out and made the save. Now if you're a Cork wrestling fan the story of the Armstrongs has been outstanding and Butch betraying Marion months back was shocking. People were emotional seeing Butch save Marion. Match itself was great Owen looks better in the ring everytime I see him and Butch looked vicious. The Armstrongs reunited and did their signature pose, was a great moment, be interesting to see if we get Marion as a manager now.

- Justy def Phil Boyd & Reardon O' Connor
    This was one of the funniest matches I've ever seen. Justy is always hilarious and his chemistry with Boyd was great. They basically just ganged up on the younger Reardon O'Connor. Reardon came off looking great too against the two veterans. There's honestly too many funny moments in this match to highlight, at this point you should know not to insult Justy he has a response for everything, was very entertaining.

- MTH def Skull Collector and Graveyard Mafia
    One of the most insane matches ever, it was total chaos in a good way. In a relatively small venue, some how MTH and the Skull Collector (who could be anyone) were climbing over people and seats and fighting. At one point, Stoner Dan, Mr Charlie and Raven Creed got involved. Was completely shocked at how much MTH gave in this match they were firing on all cylinders and were great as always. Midcard Mafia were absolute units, Devon West absolutely wrecked house. Skull Collector was totally wired and mental and made the match so bloody unpredictable :pac:

-Terry Thatcher def Matt Skyler
    This was a phenomenal match. I keep bigging up Matt Skyler and he keeps delivering. He's lately starting wrestling in a far more aggressive and strike heavy style in my opinion, moving away from too many flips. Going off this, his promo and previous match. I think we're getting a heel turn or if nothing else he's gonna be a lot darker. Thatcher had blood pumping from his nose at one point. They striked hard and did a lot of fantastic reversals. Shoutout to Skyler's "springboard, corkscrew stunner" looked outstanding. Thatcher won and the match got a standing ovation, well deserved.

That was it for the show, Marion was a great host and the atmosphere was brilliant, it was an intense show with few enough tickets that it was mostly hardcore fans. Someone won a bag of cans in a raffle but had already won so he shared the drinks out. People slapped the mats so Boards.ie got a shoutout :pac: .As it was Terry Thatcher's birthday and Justy and Raven had theirs recently or just coming up, a cake was brought out which naturally got shoved in Justy's face and also Marion. Lot of fun, got a free button so can't complain for that alone. Next show is their all ages brand Phoenix Rising, was a great showing tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

**** pheasants got a shout out.

Fun show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Really enjoyed the show. I love Justy. He’s aces.

By **** it was hot in that room at the end.

Skyler v Thatcher was awesome and I thoroughly enjoyed Butch v Richards. Got there late so missed Raven v B Cool unfortunately.

Fun night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

ThePott wrote: »
    Back from Phoenix Wrestling's The Late Late Show. They put the results up themselves but I'll do my usual notes if anyone wants a read. This was a show they put on in their wrestling school with very limited seating as a sort of thank you, it was a blast.

- B Cool def Raven Creed
    Really great match here. They played up the difference in gender, was very entertaining. Crowd was mad for Raven and when B Cool got shouted at he immediately put the crowd in it's place and no one insulted him again :pac:
    B Cool got the pin with his feet on the ropes, ref didn't see. Good opener.

-Team Stoner Dan def Team Anita Vaughan
    Didn't catch everyone on each team but Stoner Dan had Danny Cross, Con Carver and Mr. Charlie on his side and Anita Vaughan came out with a team of Nobodies. Lots of new talent getting a chance to shine in this match and it was fantastic. Cross took a hell of a beating and looked great. The Nobodies side had a really stiff hitter with an MMA style who looked vicious along with a "Gimp" in a black lucha mask who looked like an absolute monster. Everyone looked good here, people love Mr Charlie and his Box of mystery. In the end Stoner Dan was left with the Gimp and produced a massive blunt and slapped him over the head with it getting the pin, only to reveal there was a massive spanner in it. Enjoyed this.

-Butch Armstrong def Owen Richards after coming to help Marion Armstrong Owen and Marion had a feud after Owen's last seminar was interrupted by him. Marion has since been forced to retire due to knee injuries. He hosted the show with a cane in hand. Owen called him out and kicked the cane from under him and delivered some serious stomps to his knee. Butch came out and made the save. Now if you're a Cork wrestling fan the story of the Armstrongs has been outstanding and Butch betraying Marion months back was shocking. People were emotional seeing Butch save Marion. Match itself was great Owen looks better in the ring everytime I see him and Butch looked vicious. The Armstrongs reunited and did their signature pose, was a great moment, be interesting to see if we get Marion as a manager now.

- Justy def Phil Boyd & Reardon O' Connor
    This was one of the funniest matches I've ever seen. Justy is always hilarious and his chemistry with Boyd was great. They basically just ganged up on the younger Reardon O'Connor. Reardon came off looking great too against the two veterans. There's honestly too many funny moments in this match to highlight, at this point you should know not to insult Justy he has a response for everything, was very entertaining.

- MTH def Skull Collector and Graveyard Mafia
    One of the most insane matches ever, it was total chaos in a good way. In a relatively small venue, some how MTH and the Skull Collector (who could be anyone) were climbing over people and seats and fighting. At one point, Stoner Dan, Mr Charlie and Raven Creed got involved. Was completely shocked at how much MTH gave in this match they were firing on all cylinders and were great as always. Midcard Mafia were absolute units, Devon West absolutely wrecked house. Skull Collector was totally wired and mental and made the match so bloody unpredictable :pac:

-Terry Thatcher def Matt Skyler
    This was a phenomenal match. I keep bigging up Matt Skyler and he keeps delivering. He's lately starting wrestling in a far more aggressive and strike heavy style in my opinion, moving away from too many flips. Going off this, his promo and previous match. I think we're getting a heel turn or if nothing else he's gonna be a lot darker. Thatcher had blood pumping from his nose at one point. They striked hard and did a lot of fantastic reversals. Shoutout to Skyler's "springboard, corkscrew stunner" looked outstanding. Thatcher won and the match got a standing ovation, well deserved.

That was it for the show, Marion was a great host and the atmosphere was brilliant, it was an intense show with few enough tickets that it was mostly hardcore fans. Someone won a bag of cans in a raffle but had already won so he shared the drinks out. People slapped the mats so Boards.ie got a shoutout :pac: .As it was Terry Thatcher's birthday and Justy and Raven had theirs recently or just coming up, a cake was brought out which naturally got shoved in Justy's face and also Marion. Lot of fun, got a free button so can't complain for that alone. Next show is their all ages brand Phoenix Rising, was a great showing tonight.

Hi Marion. Haha.

Hi Marion. Haha.

Nope, been doing this for every show I've been at including OTT Cork. Care to guess again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hi Marion. Haha.

Hi, mod here. Either converse or don't bother - low effort snippy posts are not appreciated.

Find it so hard to like Terry Thatcher because of how he was introduced. "Skinhead" Terry Thatcher. Ott really need to update their roster pics on the website.

I know Skinheads aren't necessarily racist, but it's just where my mind goes when I hear of them, blame American history x. It's like putting a swastika on your trunks and saying, actually it's a symbol of divinity and spirituality.

I did enjoy seeing him getting chopped to death at one of the contenders shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Nope, been doing this for every show I've been at including OTT Cork. Care to guess again?

You do great reviews of all the Cork shows so fair play. You are on the Phoenix Podcast network though so there is a connection to be fair.

Sadly didn't get to make it to this show, only 6 weeks left in Ireland for me now so will get to as many as I can before heading. Will need to find a new local indy in Seattle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

A moment from last night that I just remembered and made me chuckle - Owen Richards was talking about getting his hands on Marion’s medical records and the crowd broke into a “GDPR” chant :D

You do great reviews of all the Cork shows so fair play. You are on the Phoenix Podcast network though so there is a connection to be fair.
    Haven't really brought it up here directly cause I was worried people would think I was a plant. The network is totally a new thing, not even on it a week. I get your point entirely though.

I get people assuming I'm just being positive for that reason but it was a great show as others can attest and long before this I've always provided notes, speculation and avoided negativity. Haven't just done it for Phoenix but I see why people would be skeptical. Never been asked to write or promote anything for them on here. I just like promoting the Cork scene.

I'll stop providing notes if needs be, I just thought anyone who wasn't at the show might like them, especially as it was a small show. If there's some conflict of interest or it tarnishes that in anyway, happy to do it. Frankly was thinking of stopping anyway as not sure if the Phoenix lads know I write these hear and don't want effecting my position on the network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Haven't really brought it up here directly cause I was worried people would think I was a plant. The network is totally a new thing, not even on it a week. I get your point entirely though.

I get people assuming I'm just being positive for that reason but it was a great show as others can attest and long before this I've always provided notes, speculation and avoided negativity. Haven't just done in for Phoenix but I see why people would be skeptical. Never been asked to write or promote anything for them on here.

I'll stop providing notes if needs be, I just thought anyone who wasn't at the show might like them, especially as it was a small show.

Not at all, you make great contributions so keep at it. Will check out the podcast during the week.

Not at all, you make great contributions so keep at it. Will check out the podcast during the week.
    Appreciate that, thanks very much!

If anyone does listen. My latest episode was on Wrestlers who should have biopics and if anyone has any feedback or wrestlers they would like to have seen getting their own movies and wants to drop me a line, I'll be shouting out a few suggestions people had on my next episode.

As far as me being on the network goes, if this is some sort of issue or if the mods want a word, feel free to pm me :)

• Advertisement

Amazing Red booked for RevPro on the 24th of November. Would love if OTT had him booked for the 23rd. Although they do have a Belfast show planned for the 24th, so I guess not.

Advertisement