Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Didn't Red retire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Didn't Red retire?

He came back for the Super-J Cup this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Just back from OTT Belfast. Good fun show. Might have been hurt a bit by not having the World, Tag, Women and G.N. Champions on the show. No real build to the 5 th Anniversary show. Just King's of the North VS. G.O.D and More than hype VS. Moustache Mountain announced for the Fifth Anniversary show.

I was sitting behind the Matt slappers for the show so that was fun after all the talk about them on here.

Two things I didn't like was the very tall camera man who stood in the same spot for most of the show just blocking the middle view of the ring. I have no idea why he could not crouch down for some of the show. Also the filthy generation didn't impress much. They cursed very loudly and gave the middle finger (Suppose to be an all-ages show) and were not any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

Thought it was a great show myself to be honest, very enjoyable, particularly the battle of the Thatchers. Then again I didn't spend the whole show afraid to say "excuse me" to a cameraman.

KOTN vs G.O.D. should be cool, MTH (Darren and Nathan) vs MM rematch will be class and surely it's MTH's time to win the belts?? And then after Scotty won the NLW title they set up him vs LJ which will surely happen at the stadium too? That's 3 seriously big matched to add to Starr and Devlin and they'll clearly announce the other matches through social media like they do for every show.

As for Filthy Generation, I agree there's no need some swearing on an all ages show but B Cool said "****" at the start on the mic as well. I actually thought Stevie Boy was impressive as I've seen Aspen with Kings Of Catch and didn't see the point in them.

Haha, it didn't ruin the show. It was just a comment on a minor negative that could be easily improved. Also sitting three or four rows back, me shouting "Excuse Mister Cameraman, would you mind crouching down when you can." Every now and again would had been more of a negative then anything else.

• Advertisement

jface187 wrote: »
    Haha, it didn't ruin the show. It was just a comment on a minor negative that could be easily improved. Also sitting three or four rows back, me shouting "Excuse Mister Cameraman, would you mind crouching down when you can." Every now and again would had been more of a negative then anything else.

Fair enough. But "no real build to the 5th anniversary" with 3 big matches made (2 of which are title matches) was a little ridiculous.

I don't know if flashing two images on a screen as "build". You had no interaction with any of the people involved in said matches. The Scotty Davis/Clearly match could be a contenders match for all we know. I think my criticism of the show were light but valid and also mentioned that I did enjoyed it.

jface187 wrote: »
    I don't know if flashing two images on a screen as "build". You had no interaction with any of the people involved in said matches. The Scotty Davis/Clearly match could be a contenders match for all we know. I think my criticism of the show were light but valid and also mentioned that I did enjoyed it.

That's fair enough too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Then again I didn't spend the whole show afraid to say "excuse me" to a cameraman.
    Unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Bought tickets for 5th Anniversary, basically to see Orange Cassidy. Needs a lot more star power for a 5th anniversary show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Bought tickets for 5th Anniversary, basically to see Orange Cassidy. Needs a lot more star power for a 5th anniversary show.

More to be announced apparently, but line up meant I bought tickets day one!

Still think it's lacking a star as well. Even an ex WWF/E guy would pulls some eyes onto it and draw in some casuals I feel. Everyone theyve announced, the people coming to see them were buying tickets anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

where did the storyline go where kings of north arent allowed to wrestle in dublin?

They mentioned it on the Belfast show. K.O.T.N said in their promo they worked hard and done everything and beaten everyone in Belfast and are heading back to Dublin. No real storyline reason why they can wrestle in Dublin now. But assume it was temporary anyway.

should have had a team tourney that they had to win to get back to dublin or something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

montyrebel wrote: »
    where did the storyline go where kings of north arent allowed to wrestle in dublin?

I think they were probably going to do something in Cork about it until Corvin got injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just watching the Starr/Devlin match from Homecoming for the first time. My God it was great. Looking forward to that one for sure.

https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/1179705827936129025?s=19

The funniest series of videos with B Cool and Joe out the last week or so, if you haven't seen them, check them out

anyone know what the chat is on twitter about a wrestler getting cyber bullied? seems to be a lot of OTT ones at it, so am guessing one of Joes crew is being attacked

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

montyrebel wrote: »
    anyone know what the chat is on twitter about a wrestler getting cyber bullied? seems to be a lot of OTT ones at it, so am guessing one of Joes crew is being attacked

Think it's Curtis Murray, a lot of the OTT hardcores have a particular dislike for him.

• Advertisement

bunch of mat slappers, he is a likeable guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'm totally not on the same page as the people who dislike Curtis Murray. Think he's great. Hope he gets booked for the 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

I don't particularly like Curtis Murray but it's the usual over the top (no pun intended) pile on group think that happens on twitter.

All seems a bit ridiculous. Why wasn't this going on when he was champion for about a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

All seems a bit ridiculous. Why wasn't this going on when he was champion for about a year?

It was

cian68 wrote: »
    It was

The outrage that's gone on on Twitter today has been constant for a year? Would you go away out of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Curtis Murray vs Matt Slapper at the next Contenders show is what I'm hearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    I don't particularly like Curtis Murray but it's the usual over the top (no pun intended) pile on group think that happens on twitter.

Seems like a case of people in glass houses, except instead of glass houses - its front row seats.

cian68 wrote: »
    People were making comments about him having beat up a woman long before that

links?

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    Seems like a case of people in glass houses, except instead of glass houses - its front row seats.

So was it 'kayfabe' hate then or just people being d*cks?

Advertisement