Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

What's the easiest way to get to Naas without a car?

Excellent review thebostoncrab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Charisteas wrote: »
    What's the easiest way to get to Naas without a car?

Excellent review thebostoncrab.
    Cheers! Where you coming from?

Oh yeah duhhhh I should have said that, Dublin City Centre.

I don't think Dublin Bus or The Dart head down that way so I may have to give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

I don't think Dublin Bus or The Dart head down that way so I may have to give it a miss.

You can get a Bus Eirann bus from Dublin. It stops right outside the Credit Union in Naas (Moat Theatre is right behind it). The number bus is the 126, I think it goes from Connolly Luas Stop on Sundays. If you get onto Bus Eirann, they'll tell you. Only takes around 30 minutes.

On a related note, there genuinely are very few tickets left for the show on the 25th. I doubt there will be any left at the door so pre-book them on (045) 88 30 30.

Bus Eireann have a very frequent service to Naas and the show will be over before the last bus home. Shouldn't be more than ten euro!

• Advertisement

I think a special mention should go out to the MC and the referee for the night Jamie Colman & Paddy Morrow. Also Captain Deadbones Dawkins for giving out free jello shots of rum.
    Aye especially Paddy, always entertaining even during the poetry :p Deadbones almost gave me a shot before Father Soul ran in, I was heartbroken :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

You could also try dublincoach.ie . They got 24/7 from The Red Cow Luas Stop to Naas for €5 or €3(if you have a student card) . The same as bus eireann it drops you just across the road from the Moat.

Any other boardies going? Im thinking about it

Just to add to my last post, I've just been onto the Moat Theatre and there are just over 30 tickets left for the show. Once its sold out, that's it, no standing room.
    Box Office is open Tuesday - Saturday 11am - 4pm. So book ASAP if u want tickets.

NLW 5th Anniversary Show
    Sunday September 25th 2011
    Moat Theatre, Naas, Co. Kildare
    Tickets €12 from Moat Box Office: (045) 88 30 30
    6.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Dublincoach.ie is a great bus service. I frequent it often, it stops at the Red Cow luas stop, every hour 24/7 at ??:50(ten to) and leaves Naas at ??:27 (27 minutes past). It costs €5 to go from the red cow to Kildare Town so I imagine its even cheaper to go to just Naas.

Dublincoach.ie is a great bus service. I frequent it often, it stops at the Red Cow luas stop, every hour 24/7 at ??:50(ten to) and leaves Naas at ??:27 (27 minutes past). It costs €5 to go from the red cow to Kildare Town so I imagine its even cheaper to go to just Naas.

Nope its €5 from Red Cow to anywhere in Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

When the next Poetry Slam lads? Definitely going along for a look after reading that review.

flahavaj wrote: »
    When the next Poetry Slam lads? Definitely going along for a look after reading that review.

It hasn't been booked yet, I think because of some problems due to Tesco wanting to open a store in the building.

To be honest there was a lot of people having to stand anyway due to lack of seats, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad to move to a slightly larger area anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

Attention evceryone sorry to announce due to circumstances beyond our control DCW The Last Stand is cancelled,

It seems Dave Power took the ring from Storage 2 weeks ago, without infoming Ger Murphy.

I was looking forward to this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

d1975 wrote: »
    Attention evceryone sorry to announce due to circumstances beyond our control DCW The Last Stand is cancelled,

It seems Dave Power took the ring from Storage 2 weeks ago, without infoming Ger Murphy.

I thought he was no longer called Dave Power? Its now Dave Long.

I heard the ring was stored in some pub in East Wall and only Dave Long had access to it. Did you not know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

d1975 wrote: »

At least Dave is sound.

it seem he took everyone by suprise he made sure dcw last stand didn't happen he has the ring in his gaff wanting to runin ger's moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nature Boy 2.0

How over are Lucy and Phil? Jesus they both got some reception.

Almost certainly the finest use of a gay cowboy gimmick I've seen.

When the stars of NLW perform in The Moat Theatre next Sunday, it will be 5 years to the day since the first show there. It will 5 years since Fergal Devitt and Adam Abz wrestled to a 30 minute draw. It will be 5 years since Anthony Idol and Shawn Maxer tore the house down in a thrilling NWA-Ireland Title match. It will be 5 years since No Limit Wrestling found it's "home ground" in Naas.

However, it was August 19th 2006 when NLW was born in Dublin's Ringside Club. In front of a sell-out crowd, "All Star" Anthony Idol, Dunkan Disorderly and Shawn Maxer fought in the Main Event in a Triple Threat Match thrilling fans in attendance. Now, in 2011, it's time for the stars of today's No Limit Wrestling to show why we are regarded as the best Wrestling group in Ireland.

Next Sunday, September 25th, in The Moat Theatre in Naas, Co. Kildare, No Limit Wrestling welcome former WWE Cruiserweight and Tag Team Champion SCOTTY 2 HOTTY to take on the challenge of Bonesaw. Not only that, but we will host the first ever "Luck of the Draw" Ladder Match!

RULES OF THE LUCK OF THE DRAW LADDER MATCH:
    ~ A briefcase hangs above the ring.
    ~ 5 Men are officially booked in this match.
    ~ 2 Men will begin the match, randomly chosen backstage.
    ~ Every 2 minutes thereafter a new participant will enter until all 5 are in.
    ~ However, once the first bell rings, it is legal to attempt to climb the ladder and grab the briefcase.
    ~This means the match could end before all 5 men have entered, hence the Luck of the Draw!
    ~Whoever captures the briefcase will be entitled to exchange it for an NLW Title Match at any time in the following 12 months.

The 5 names to enter the match are:
    - Tucker
    - OMEN
    - "All Star" Anthony Idol
    - Philly The Kid
    - Dunkan Disorderly

Also, check back during the week as we will announce the NLW Championship Match for the show. NLW Officials are deciding who should get the shot at "Lord of the Manor" Sir Paul Tracey. I'm told it's between two people at the moment.

Also in action:
    ~ Shawn Maxer - Voted Ireland's Best Wrestler
    ~ Tron - The 7ft Monster fresh from a run in Florida's FCW
    ~ Jordan Devlin - Home after his first run with Japan's Zero 1 Promotion
    ~ Robbie Morrissey - "Scum of the Earth"
    ~ Team MEGA - Justin Shape and Danny Butler
    ~ Thunder & Lightening - The High-Flying, Hard-Hitting tag team
    ~ And lots more!

302403_261130803918847_167386333293295_899181_232668101_n.jpg

301098_261136490584945_167386333293295_899250_222116610_n.jpg

Tickets for the show are on sale from The Moat Theatre Box Office: (045) 88 30 30 or online at www.MoatTheatre.com. Admission is €12. Tickets are almost sold out. Only 30 remain so book now.
    Bell Time is 6.30pm on Sunday, 25th September.
    (The Moat Theatre is behind the Credit Union on Main Street, Naas. Bus stop is right across the road. 30 mins from Dublin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 wrestlefan101

ladder match should be awesome. delighted tucker was added in. cant wait for this show now.

Gonna get tickets for this tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

NLW_Info wrote: »

302403_261130803918847_167386333293295_899181_232668101_n.jpg

301098_261136490584945_167386333293295_899250_222116610_n.jpg

Whats with that grain effect? The second poster of Scotty and Bonesaw looks really horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

thats the poster edges filter you use in photoshop. probably wasnt the best idea to apply it to that picture alright.

Whiplash wrote: »
    thats the poster edges filter you use in photoshop. probably wasnt the best idea to apply it to that picture alright.

sorry about that one lads :rolleyes: lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TandL

Thunder and Lightning Weekend!!

Catch Thunder and Lightning in action both Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

Main Stage Wrestling:
    Saturday, September 24th.
    St. Marks GAA club, cookstown road, Springfield, Tallaght D.24
    Time: ‎6:30PM Admission €10

No Limit Wrestling:
    Sunday, September 25th.
    Moat Theatre, Naas, Co. Kildare.
    Time 6:30PM. Admission: €12

Both shows feature former WWE superstar Scotty 2 Hotty

Tickets for both shows are running out very fast so get yours now so you don't miss out on these awesome shows.

It has been decided that No Limit Wrestling Champion Sir Paul Tracey will defend his championship against Jordan Devlin this Sunday at the 5th Anniversary Show in Naas, Co. Kildare.

Jordan is deserving of this title match as he earned a shot last May defeating Shawn Maxer in a No.1 Contender's Ladder Match at a show in Tallaght in Dublin. However, when he went to Japan to compete for Zero1, his title match was postponed. He was due to receive his shot early next year but NLW management have decided to give Jordan his opportunity this Sunday.

316960_261789007186360_167386333293295_902350_1464965168_n.jpg

NLW's 5th Anniversary Show happens this Sunday, 25th September at the Moat Theatre in Naas, Co. Kildare at 6.30pm.
    Tickets are limited at this late stage. Phone (045) 88 30 30 Tuesday - Saturday 11am - 4pm to buy tickets priced €12 each.

Other matches announced include:
    Omen Vs. Dunkan Disorderly Vs. "All Star" Anthony Idol Vs. Tucker Vs. Philly The Kid in a "Luck of the Draw" Ladder Match.

Bonesaw Vs. Scotty 2 Hotty

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

NLW_Info wrote: »
    sorry about that one lads :rolleyes: lol

LOL, your okay guys, it doesnt bother me just being a student of graphic design we are taught to be critical. Just be careful with the poster edges lol :P

Now a cheap plug, If ya ever want some graphic design done, posters, promo pics etc please contact me in pm. Previous customer was Mr Sean South. I edited some pics for him and designed his 8x10s. I'm sure he'll give me a nice reference! :P Go team southy! (cheap plug over) :P

Tickets booked for NLW show :D:D Cant wait

Unfortunately I must announce that due to a family emergency, Shawn Maxer will not appear this Sunday at NLW's 5th Anniversary show. Shawn is gutted he won't be able to be there and hopes the fans understand.

However, to make up for Shawn's absence, "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow has agreed to step up and take his place, even though he wasn't set to return for another month or two after tweaking his knee recently.

Morrow has stated he is happy to fill in and feels healthy enough to compete. Morrow, who was scheduled to referee matches on the show, will now compete in a singles match against long time rival "Scum of the Earth" Robbie Morrissey who was originally booked to face Maxer.

26299_101224683250261_100000881902603_31101_4201190_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Hope everything is ok for Maxer, thoughts are with him!

Advertisement