Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

dlync02 wrote: »
    Quick question, how strict are OTT with the age limit? Scrappermania is over 15s but my son is 12 (wouldn't pass for 15 either), do you see many younger kids get into the over 15/16 shows? The only reason I'd go is if I could take him.
    My mate's head chef brought his 13 year old to a National Stadium show last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

Hopefully there's not a load of children running around at Scrappermania.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I think most Stadium shows have been over 12s?I could be wrong there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I think most Stadium shows have been over 12s?I could be wrong there.

Yeah, that was so Scotty Davis could get on the card.

They are looking for extras to be involved in the Scrappermania build up video - must be to play the role of David Starr's "army of incels".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Balor v WALTER seems to be on the cards for the UK title, I out this in the Irish thread because, it's either Mania or the Dublin show!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

brianblaze wrote: »
    Balor v WALTER seems to be on the cards for the UK title, I out this in the Irish thread because, it's either Mania or the Dublin show!

If there clever they will have it on the Dublin show for ticket sales

My mate's head chef brought his 13 year old to a National Stadium show last year.

I wish I had a head chef.

I wish I had a head chef.

they only serve hotdogs in the national stadium as far as i know.

Do you think a crowd will still turn up in Tallaght for OTT the night before Takeover in 3 Arena?

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    Do you think a crowd will still turn up in Tallaght for OTT the night before Takeover in 3 Arena?

Probably. If there's UK fans coming over for the NXT show especially. Plus the chance of a Balor cameo might get people hyped

Plus the chance of a Balor cameo might get people hyped

zero chance

zero chance

I know that, but people might still think it'll happen again

I know that, but people might still think it'll happen again

haha fair enough

B Cool's lastest video was excellent, laughing out loud at some of his comments to Joey.

haha fair enough

B Cool's lastest video was excellent, laughing out loud at some of his comments to Joey.

The women's rights line had me rolling

Phoenix are selling up. I wonder what prompted that.

how much would it cost to buy a promotion like Phoenix?
    Will our AEW title appear at Scrappermania & the Meet and greet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Not sure what is for sale as such? Like, what assets do they have? I dont see investing in a local promotion like this as a good use of money. And I say this as someone who has been to pretty much all of their Cork shows.

Anyway, for lolz I hope Lee Cahalane buys it :pac:

bot43 wrote: »
    Not sure what is for sale as such? Like, what assets do they have? I dont see investing in a local promotion like this as a good use of money. And I say this as someone who has been to pretty much all of their Cork shows.

Anyway, for lolz I hope Lee Cahalane buys it :pac:

The ring, any posters/banners and contact list? I can't think of what else would be involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

There's physical assets like the ring etc, then you've got intellectual property as well as access to their social media, old recorded content etc. You'd also more than likely have a roster already in place and happy to work for the most part (which can be the hardest part for start-ups especially if someone coming in doesn't have an 'in' within the industry).

If you had money and wanted to start a promotion in the area, it'd be a much easier and somewhat less risky way of doing so than starting fresh and building from the bottom up.

• Advertisement

I'd say it could be difficult for someone with new ideas to go into an established locker room like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I wouldn’t necessarily agree in that particular case. Phoenix’s entire ethos is based around just having a fun, positive wrestling company coming out of Cork. Everyone there is there because that’s what they want, so if someone (credible) came in with that in mind the roster would likely be happy to still have a good place to wrestle in. It’s also relatively new so it’s not as synonymous with the personalities of the people that run it like say an OTT or FFPW, which wouldn’t make the change as jarring as it would in the above cases. Plus, from working within it, the Irish scene is in as healthy a place as its ever been with lads just wanting to work, so if you give them a decent place they can work in, they’re not going to cause hassle for the sake of it. There’s very little of that kinda stuff anymore tbh, it’s a nice scene.

It’s a saleable asset for sure and I hope the lads there do find a buyer because I know they’ve put a lot into it, not just financially. So it’s just a case of if anyone is in the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Always wondered as I was big into the music scene back home, but how much would performers be on per show for a local show like Phoenix for example? 50-100 a person? I guess it would depend on the level of the performer/imports etc. Anyone with any experience know?

Always wondered as I was big into the music scene back home, but how much would performers be on per show for a local show like Phoenix for example? 50-100 a person? I guess it would depend on the level of the performer/imports etc. Anyone with any experience know?

In before someone drags Courage into this

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

With the parade cancelled I'm concernted the scrapper show will be called off. Gatherings of more than 1000 people in France and the UK have been stopped, I believe. Not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

I see David Starr has been blocked from working for two WWE affiliated promotions now. I really hope OTT just get those titles of Moustache Mountain and stop booking any WWE contracted talent.

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    I see David Starr has been blocked from working for two WWE affiliated promotions now. I really hope OTT just get those titles of Moustache Mountain and stop booking any WWE contracted talent.

It does feel like they're starting to draw a line in the sand for their guys now. 'If we don't like someone on the card then you can't go' if anything underlines the need for a total overhaul of their talent contract.

An independent contractor who can't contract independently is an employee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

With the parade cancelled I'm concernted the scrapper show will be called off. Gatherings of more than 1000 people in France and the UK have been stopped, I believe. Not great.

Scrapper will be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭ThePott

Some notes from the Phoenix Wrestling show Gattin' with the Lads which took place over the weekend at the training academy. Again full disclosure, I was ring announcing for this. Winners in bold.

Justy vs. LJ Cleary.
    Justy wanted this match as a tune-up for the Championship tournament which continues Good Friday. Justy won with a very clear holding of the tights, not sure how the referee couldn't have seen it. Owen Richards came out post-match and offered LJ a chance to Owen his destiny but LJ kicked his hand away.

Matt Skyler vs. Danny Cross
    Skyler previously turned on his former friend Corey Jefferys and was hated by the crowd as a result. This was a great match, these lads have really good chemistry. Post-Match, Skyler kicked a guy out of their seat and sat in the crowd because of who was wrestling next.

Corey Jeffreys vs. Sam The Sham
    Sam made his debut here and Corey helped train him so there was a good underlying story. Very competent debut from Sam and Corey looked just as good as he did in his return last month. After getting the win, Skyler stormed the ring and beat down Corey and after Sam tried to defend Corey he beat him down too, badly. Very heated rivalry developing between Skyler and Jeffreys.

Stoner Dan vs. Minister Flint
    Minister Flint came out to give a sermon that admonished the crowd for their boozing among other things. He mentioned Stoner Dan, big mistake. Dan absolutely murdered him while wearing one shoe no less. Flint had great heat, they really loathed him and loved watching him get destroyed.

Damaged Goods (Dean Power & Steve Savage) vs. The Nobodies w/ The One.
    Crowd was absolutely crazy for Deano and the returning Savage. They were hyped for this and looked like absolute monsters. Steve Savage hasn't missed a step and Dean was on top form too. These lads are gonna be big in Phoenix. The Nobodies looked tougher than before too, think they're going in the right direction.

Raven Creed (via DQ) vs. Owen Richards
    They've fought before and Richards won, this time it was looking like he might not be so lucky but he grabbed a chair and got himself disqualified after laying into Raven. Thankfully LJ came out to make the save, except he didn't. He attacked Raven too and shook hands with Richards taking him up on his earlier offer.

Riordan O'Connor vs. Butch Armstrong w/Marion Armstrong
    Earlier in the show Riordan declared his Are You Worth It Challenge which Butch answered. This match was insanity as it normally is with the Armstrongs (especially for me trying to introduce them). Riordan continues to show great promise and Butch looked strong even if it wasn't enough to get him the win.

General Notes - The Ownership of Phoenix was addressed. A new owner has been found but details can't be disclosed yet but it could be as early as this week that details are revealed. As for how it effects shows, not at all, a lot were announced.
    Next show is April 10th in the Circus Factory where the Phoenix Champion will be crowned. Tickets on sale tomorrow.
    June 12th in Limerick will be heavily focusing on Irish tag teams as it begins a tournament to crown the Phoenix Tag Team champions.
    July, Second Anniversary show will also be in the Circus Factory, Toga 2020!
    Halloween show will be in the Training Academy, X-Mas show will be in the Circus Factory.

Advertisement