Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

yeah the pigs heads were too much, no need for them, and not cleaning them up off the beach when they finished, is just pure disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

They can just explain they were trying to "get heat" as they say in our business & in that case there's nothing anyone can do about it.

showpony1 wrote: »
    They can just explain they were trying to "get heat" as they say in our business & in that case there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Is that you Vinny Mac?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Such a dirty shower not cleaning up after themselves. Great video though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The atmosphere Saturday for that main event will be electric. With the stuff Starr is dealing with ,in the form of WWE trying to sabotage his career, you'd love to see a really strong response for him given that OTT is his number 1 promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

The atmosphere Saturday for that main event will be electric. With the stuff Starr is dealing with ,in the form of WWE trying to sabotage his career, you'd love to see a really strong response for him given that OTT is his number 1 promotion.

saw some stuff on twitter about this, whats the craic?

OTT have just asked anyone with Covid-19 to please stay away on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

selfishly really hope it goes ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

D.Q wrote: »

Seems WWE have blacklisted him from working certain promotions they're affiliated with as he finished up with wXw at the weekend and was written out of Progress in December I think. Horrible behaviour impacting his ability to earn a living because he wants wrestlers to unionise and be treated better.

selfishly really hope it goes ahead.

There possibly won't be a more unhygienic place in Ireland this Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Neither Starr or WXW want to give too much away publicly but it seems pretty obvious that WWE have blacklisted their co-opted companies from using him. Possibly working on companies that will end up being used on a tiered WWE Network system would have been a problem for Starr anyway but it's his outspoken nature (the Gabe and Pete Dunne stuff online), the UK Title Belt stamp spot from his OTT match with Walter last year and of (reasonably successful) attempts at unionizing (the worst sin a wrestler can commit in the eyes of the McMahons) have put him high up on WWE's list of public enemies.

It was always going to be this way from the moment WWE entered the Euro scene, but it's happened at an accelerated pace in the last 2 years. That they are now blackballing wrestlers from companies other than they're own is a scary step for anyone who hopes to oppose WWE.

Starr's future is unclear, he can do indies, but the indie scene is dwindling from the US to here. Maybe a stint in Australian wrestling, where the scene remains largely intact for now? Personally I'd love to see him have a strong run in Japan, though his commitment to indie wrestling (you'd think a gimmick but it seems very much based in reality) might make him reconsider that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

There possibly won't be a more unhygienic place in Ireland this Saturday.

Is the Dublin comic con on this weekend? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

You beat me to it by 5 minutes :pac:

Whatever about the promo, not cleaning up the pig's heads is pretty despicable. Guessing they wanted some free publicity or something but it's pretty mank.

I'd trust comic book nerds to stay away if they had it, wouldn't trust the marks to miss Moxley/Starr.

I'd trust comic book nerds to stay away if they had it, wouldn't trust the marks to miss Moxley/Starr.

The marks?! We're all marks! We're on a wrestling forum FFS!

Neither Starr or WXW want to give too much away publicly but it seems pretty obvious that WWE have blacklisted their co-opted companies from using him. Possibly working on companies that will end up being used on a tiered WWE Network system would have been a problem for Starr anyway but it's his outspoken nature (the Gabe and Pete Dunne stuff online), the UK Title Belt stamp spot from his OTT match with Walter last year and of (reasonably successful) attempts at unionizing (the worst sin a wrestler can commit in the eyes of the McMahons) have put him high up on WWE's list of public enemies.

It was always going to be this way from the moment WWE entered the Euro scene, but it's happened at an accelerated pace in the last 2 years. That they are now blackballing wrestlers from companies other than they're own is a scary step for anyone who hopes to oppose WWE.

Starr's future is unclear, he can do indies, but the indie scene is dwindling from the US to here. Maybe a stint in Australian wrestling, where the scene remains largely intact for now? Personally I'd love to see him have a strong run in Japan, though his commitment to indie wrestling (you'd think a gimmick but it seems very much based in reality) might make him reconsider that.

He's made for an invader role in AEW really. Be a great heel to sign for a big promotion and preach the negatives of wrestling promotions!

Rock and a hard place. He legit believes what he says about wrestling contracts, and it is true, but I suppose morals or money is often a choice people have to look at.

Can't seem him ever going to WWE for sure, but AEW, maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Going to find out Friday if this is going to be allowed to go ahead. Talk about short notice. Feel bad for OTT, they must have a lot of money tied up in this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Why Friday? I know Dan Barry is flying over Wednesday, his in the Inter comedy club from Thursday. I say a lot of talent will be flying in by Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Government making a statement on mass gatherings on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Jesus, that is a bit short notice. Want to know if I have to book a bus up or not.

Seeing a lot of cancellations from corporate bookings in the video and photography industry at the moment but unless it's government mandated there's not a chance Scrapper will be cancelled. I can't attend which is really annoying but unavoidable.

The only real concern might be flights being cancelled from certain areas but most of the imports are from the US so no issues there. If it was a NJPW talent heavy show there'd be big problems, but it's not.

Just wash your hands, don't lick anybody and you'll be okay. Alcohol too obviously, for medical reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

Not a hope in hell Joe Cabray calls this off so unless the government calls it off, it's going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

The pigs heads was class! You may smell some bacon this weekend too!

Savage work from everyone. I am old and very lapsed in terms of wrestling, but that Starr lad is gold!

Go get your moneys worth this weekend, enjoy it before the corona virus quarantines us all indoors

a virus named after a musical virus of a band...
    montyrebel wrote: »
    yeah the pigs heads were too much, no need for them, and not cleaning them up off the beach when they finished, is just pure disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Surely this will be cancelled now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

sky88 wrote: »
    Government making a statement on mass gatherings on Friday
    ThePott wrote: »
    Jesus, that is a bit short notice. Want to know if I have to book a bus up or not.

Full League of Ireland schedule due to take place on Friday night. Away fans will prob get the memo as they're on the road e.g. me half way to Cork. Nice one :P

xtal191 wrote: »
    Surely this will be cancelled now :(

Nah, unless it's government mandated, Scrapper will go ahead. Refunds etc would cripple any event company, never mind a wrestling company! Plus cost of venue rental, stage and lighting hire, sound gear, techs, wrestlers fees/ hotels/ flights, it would be a total catastrophe

EDIT:

First death recorded now, I'd be expecting a HSE briefing on public gatherings/ schools etc very soon

• Advertisement

brianblaze wrote: »
    Plus cost of venue rental, stage and lighting hire, sound gear, techs, wrestlers fees/ hotels/ flights

you think this should be put ahead of the health of the fans?

Advertisement