Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

Aaaaaaand there's Dan Barry's announcement on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/thedanbarry/status/1237918964157726722?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hopefully Leggo can dust off the old boots and substitute for Dan. Say they’re kayfabe cousins or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hopefully Leggo can dust off the old boots and substitute for Dan. Say they’re kayfabe cousins or something.

Are you on a mission to display your hard-on for me in every single thread on boards or what? You weren’t even being talked to and yet you have to turn it into an excuse for digs like this*. Get over whatever pathetic grudge you have, that’s probably over something tragic like I disagreed with you over one thing 18 months ago, it’s obsessive and proper weird now man...

Reality is the government here haven’t come out and said that events like this should be cancelled yet. You can pretend that’s not the case for faux outrage all you want, but it’s true. So to be ‘shocked’ that a business running an event hasn’t voluntarily cancelled an event and nearly bankrupted themselves in the process is at best naive and, most likely given the poster involved, just looking to stir things up for the sake of it because that’s literally ALL they ever do on this thread. :rolleyes:

* that you always bring back to me having wrestled like you have here despite it having nothing to do with what we’re discussing...is that what this is over? Are you jealous or what’s the deal there?! It’s really odd behaviour man, literally nobody else here cares about that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Lads, honestly, not the time and place to try one up each other. You both know how this always goes, just leave it out.

Actually no Leggo, it was your pious attitude that drew me to comment. Your “seriously, are you an expert?” line was just so out of order. Someone gave an opinion on how they feel on a pretty unprecedented matter and you shut them down as if you’re an expert. They saw other things being cancelled presumably and offered their surprise. Completely completely understandable.

The Dan Barry substitution was nothing but a rib, as some might say, given that the seriousness of things was played down not even an hour before. You have your workers handle in your sig here so it’s not as if you’re hiding your ties to being a performer.

I’ve had run-ins with you before on here. Some of them warranted, some of them being a prick (at least I’ll admit it). This one was definitely in the former category as I felt your attitude towards the poster was needlessly smug. That’s it. No more, no less.

I am not getting into it any further than that. Have a good day.

• Advertisement

I agree Crabby. I’m not getting into a tit for tat this time.

I hope that everyone who goes enjoys the show and exercises precaution. Anyone who who does the meet and greet, if its still on, respect the performers if they’re not able to be in close proximity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Adiboo wrote: »
    Travel to US from EU banned for 30 days, so if Mox shows up to this he won't be able to get back to US

Edit - Except the UK, so could possibly fly in and out of NI?

its schengen area only so Ireland and the UK are grand...

so an influx of people from that area to Dublin airport to hop US flights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    its schengen area only so Ireland and the UK are grand...

so an influx of people from that area to Dublin airport to hop US flights

I can't see that lasting, and honestly I can't imagine many taking that chance to be honest. If I were based in the US I wouldn't be going on a plane anywhere.

I hope now the government make a call today and OTT can claim back losses from their insurer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

brianblaze wrote: »
    I can't see that lasting, and honestly I can't imagine many taking that chance to be honest. If I were based in the US I wouldn't be going on a plane anywhere.

I hope now the government make a call today and OTT can claim back losses from their insurer.

yeah im meant to be going to New York on Saturday, dont think its gonna happen,

and as its a Pandemic now travel insurance is no use

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Yeah I'm gutted if the show is cancelled but it's the sensible thing to do. I'll probably go along if it's on anyway, because I'm an idiot, but I'd hope they reschedule or something. This is absolute mixed feelings. I'd be worred about the costs on OTT if they cancel it though. If we do get refunds I'm going to buy their merch or something with some of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I feel so bad for Joe here, just the worst luck possible for a date of an event.

I feel so bad for Joe here, just the worst luck possible for a date of an event.

Yeah, it's terrible. I hope there's financial supports provided for small businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Christo

Statement made just now "advising" meetings of over 100 people indoors and 500 people outdoors to be cancelled...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Christo wrote: »
    Statement made just now "advising" meetings of over 100 people indoors and 500 people outdoors to be cancelled...

that's a pity for Irish fans - Scrappermania, Hangover Show & any Wrestlemania parties will have to be cancelled for safety.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

As much of a pain it is to see shows/events like this being cancelled but if in the long run these shutdowns help reduce/contain the virus i think everyone will be happy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

89038733_2887390197993155_7179572696131305472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=vEO8UjZYDHsAX9xlK0m&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=df6fa5f727d9a238c453bb3101df01f9&oe=5E8F8A35

Still shocked it hasn't been cancelled yet.

Well you weren't far wrong my dude. Only a few hours out. You were spot on.

showpony1 wrote: »
    Scrappermania, Hangover Show & any Wrestlemania parties will have to be cancelled for safety.

2 of them are now anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Really sucks, but not much they can do and better to be safe than sorry.

Buy OTT stuff with the refunds if you can afford it, I doubt they're going to be fully reimbursed for this via insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Buy OTT stuff with the refunds if you can afford it, I doubt they're going to be fully reimbursed for this via insurance.

I haven't been to an OTT show myself (been meaning to), but ya hate to see this going down.

Gonna purchase some merch myself to help the cause - great idea Snakeblood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Cancelling was the only sensible option on the table, definitely will be joining in purchasing some merch to support.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I haven't been to an OTT show myself (been meaning to), but ya hate to see this going down.

Gonna purchase some merch myself to help the cause - great idea Snakeblood

When they come back it's definitely worth seeing. God knows when that will be though. I can't imagine this being over in just a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Just got an email from them they are working on refunds fair play to them il be going onto their website to buy some merch as well.

nannerby wrote: »
    Just got an email from them they are working on refunds fair play to them il be going onto their website to buy some merch as well.

It could take a while for the refunds to come through, they'll have to get the money from insurance or something, which would take a while. Important to be patient if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

Omackeral wrote: »
    Well you weren't far wrong my dude. Only a few hours out. You were spot on.

Yeah, it didn't take an expert to figure out what was gonna happen, ironically. I'm using my refund to donate to either the GoFundMe out there for it or just spend it on merch. What a sickener for all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Snakeblood wrote: »
    It could take a while for the refunds to come through, they'll have to get the money from insurance or something, which would take a while. Important to be patient if you can.

Ah im in no rush il be spending it on more of their shows anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There's a fan Go Fund Me page set up if anyone wants to donate, found the link on OTT's Twitter.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/fans-support-ott

Moxley donated 1000 Euro to be fair to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

How are OTT losing money as a result of this?

Advertisement