Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They won't refuse it tho

Why would they? Why should they? Odd rebuttal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

showpony1 wrote: »
    Hopefully you can afford to still settle your electricity bill after you pay for all your video gaming.

*Runs bridge of nose*
    Erm.. ok.

To the other posters who quoted me :

Look, my two cents are, which I am sure won't go down well is that see all the whole supporting OTT with using the refund money to buy merch? Donate to this go fund me? ... It's markish.

OTT is a business.

Like you remember the Perry Saturn video? He's crying. He's homeless. Down on his luck and no where to stay. Man that's a cause to give to.

So OTT had to cancel a show. Millions of businesses around the world have been effected and cancelled things.

As said, I could donate 100 euro to OTT. Heck I could donate 500. But come next month if I have problems paying the rent or bills are OTT going to return that favour?

No. It's a business. That's two cents. If everyone else is allowed to have an opinion of things then I am too. Agree .... Or Disagree. Cool.

But ciano don't say I don't have a right to talk about things. This is a message board. People post their opinions weather right or wrong. Am sure if I looked at your post history I would find so much crap where "you had no right" so don't play that card, ciano.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Lads, donate if you want, dont donate if you dont want to.

simple as. Lets move on. Its getting a bit babyish now.....

Markish?

It's called supporting something you like. People enjoy OTT. It gives them joy. It's the highlight of social interaction for a lot of people there. If they want to lend a hand to something that brings them joy, how is that markish? Only in wrestling would you hear that. I'm a member at Bohemian FC. I pay up front for that and it gets me admission to all games and a vote at meetings. Sometimes I donate to fundraisers too because I like the club and get back as much as I put in, maybe more. Bohs is high up on my totem pole. I don't consider myself a mark for doing that. Just a passionate fan who cares. They guys and gals are simply doing the same for OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Omackeral wrote: »
    Markish?

It's called supporting something you like. People enjoy OTT. It gives them joy. It's the highlight of social interaction for a lot of people there. If they want to lend a hand to something that brings them joy, how is that markish? Only in wrestling would you hear that. I'm a member at Bohemian FC. I pay up front for that and it gets me admission to all games and a vote at meetings. Sometimes I donate to fundraisers too because I like the club and get back as much as I put in, maybe more. Bohs is high up on my totem pole. I don't consider myself a mark for doing that. Just a passionate fan who cares. They guys and gals are simply doing the same for OTT.

This could easily apply to everyone on this forum. Just swap out Bohemians and insert X,Y,Z hobby or interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

I was saying Boo-OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Anyone get a Scrappermania refund? I realise they are swamped but is it just a matter of waiting or am I meant to apply for one? Can't see where I would do that on eventbrite

They’re automatic pal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Phoenix have got their streaming service up atm
    https://phoenixwrasslin.pivotshare.com/

First two shows are up now, there's also some free matches up now too.
    Allonsy v Keitel for the inaugural Phoenix Empress title and Armstrongs vs MTH are both free if you wanna check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

cian68 wrote: »
    Anyone get a Scrappermania refund? I realise they are swamped but is it just a matter of waiting or am I meant to apply for one? Can't see where I would do that on eventbrite

All automatic through Eventbrite. They're refunding a lot of events globally now though so will probably take a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Lads, we knocked this on the head once already. Let people spend their money however they please, move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

No surprise OTT had to cancel there Waterford and next Belfast show. I think they said refunds from OTT will be coming next week, but of course could be longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

jface187 wrote: »
    No surprise OTT had to cancel there Waterford and next Belfast show. I think they said refunds from OTT will be coming next week, but of course could be longer.

Might be a long time before we see another OTT show. Supposed to be one day before NXT Dublin. Say both events will be gone as well. Maybe August/September if even before we get a show :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Lads, take it away from the thread. We’d prefer to discuss Irish wrestling, not read you both go tit for tat with each other. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I uh, I got the refund anyway. Cheers lads. I see everything went swimmingly since I asked

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I uh, I got the refund anyway. Cheers lads. I see everything went swimmingly since I asked

Got mine yesterday as well. Subbed to OTT On Demand last week to get my Irish wrestling fix. Might have a look at the Phoenix stuff soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

MOD NOTE: Trolling results in a ban. Good job those not rising to it. Deleting posts and related posts to clean up the thread. Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

https://youtu.be/tzYGH__Anjg

Great stuff from OTT. They will be back. Scrappermania 5 was my favorite show of 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Mine came in about 2 days ago fwiw

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Over The Top Wrestling
    ‪🔴 Date Changes🔴‬
    ‪Homecoming 3 will now take place AUG 15th from WIT Arena #Waterford‬
    ‪Banjaxed 2 will now take please AUG 16 from The Europa #Belfast ‬
    ‪All tickets still valid for new dates. All customers should receive an email with further information. #OTT ‬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

NXT UK Takover Dublin is now October 25th - probably will clash with OTT's Sunday ringside club for their 6th Anniversary weekend.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

NXT UK Takover Dublin is now October 25th - probably will clash with OTT's Sunday ringside club for their 6th Anniversary weekend.

Unless they do an early show so people could do both?

Unless they do an early show so people could do both?

The stadium show the night before and NXT UK on Sunday will be enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

Not a coincidence when you consider the original date was one day after another OTT show.

not much analysis here of the OTT tivoli gems show

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

All the analysis was done live on Twitter! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Outrageous decision by the landlord. As was quickly pointed out on Twitter, it's not as if other customers will be queueing up to pay rent on the unit any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

so ni company wrespect had a peado working for them as well as stalker callum murray, check out @wrespecttrainee on twitter for details, company needs shut down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

montyrebel wrote: »
    so ni company wrespect had a peado working for them as well as stalker callum murray, check out @wrespecttrainee on twitter for details, company needs shut down

Accounts been deleted by the look of things.

Advertisement