Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭ThePott

This is the page he means https://twitter.com/WrespectT

It's also the second time that Wrespect have come under fire in recent weeks. Skye James has talked about her treatment there as a member of the LGBT community and about that disaster of a Pride show. Lows Blows discussed it on a podcast recently and they really hit the nail and Phil Boyd talked a bit about the divide that's happened up the North.

Certainly it seems like Titanic are a much smoother operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

montyrebel wrote: »
    so ni company wrespect had a peado working for them as well as stalker callum murray, check out @wrespecttrainee on twitter for details, company needs shut down

Not the first of this up North. A certain notorious worker from down south was up there grooming young wans as well, came out a few months back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Not the first of this up North. A certain notorious worker from down south was up there grooming young wans as well, came out a few months back.

Freak and idiot. Whoever it is.
    Like trying to groom young girls - I don't think anything needs to be said about that sick subject.

But I say idiot cause as a wrestler you are trying to get on. Maybe one day, with a bit of hard work and a lot of luck you'd make it. Doing stuff like that is just career suicide.

Freak and idiot. Whoever it is.
    Like trying to groom young girls - I don't think anything needs to be said about that sick subject.

But I say idiot cause as a wrestler you are trying to get on. Maybe one day, with a bit of hard work and a lot of luck you'd make it. Doing stuff like that is just career suicide.

Well that's why certain people don't get booked in their home country.

****in scumbags.

Well that's why certain people don't get booked in their home country.

****in scumbags.

I'm curious as to who you're on about now :pac:
    Of course I know you cannot say on the forums tho.

An immediate way to get a ban if any :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm curious as to who you're on about now :pac:
    Of course I know you cannot say on the forums tho.

An immediate way to get a ban if any :pac:

Scroll back a few pages you'll put 2 and 2 together.

put 2 and 2 together.
    tenor.gif
    Yeah I got nothing

edit- I'm joking btw

ThePott wrote: »
    tenor.gif
    Yeah I got nothing

Ah Dats a shame.

Wonder when the various wrestling schools in Ireland are gonna start training again.
    Shows are still way out but since more and more are lifting restrictions I wonder when they will be.

Speaking of Irish Wrestling, how class is this

https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/1272589785278722048

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

Over the Top rope wrestling should do a social distancing Contenders show in Ringside club with a few people spaced out in the crowd and then stream it online for the others for a fee. Those there can even have a beer as they sell Curry Chips.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

showpony1 wrote: »
    Over the Top rope wrestling should do a social distancing Contenders show in Ringside club with a few people spaced out in the crowd and then stream it online for the others for a fee. Those there can even have a beer as they sell Curry Chips.

Are "Over The Top Rope" some sort of OTT spoof, or is it just your personal nickname for them? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Are the chips €9? (The newly mooted gov guidelines states the food has to be something over €9)
    The crowd would have to leave after 90 minutes
    Live streaming with commentary and multiple angles would be a pain in the arse

brianblaze wrote: »
    Are the chips €9? (The newly mooted gov guidelines states the food has to be something over €9)

grand they can wait until july 20th (actually wrestling itself isn't allowed under guidelines until July 20).

i didn't say live stream it - they could put up the content to boost VOD sales/renewals a few days after.

its sad to see people wanting to come up with every reason why something can't be done rather than being positive.

grand they can wait until july 20th.
    i didn't say live stream.

Aahhh my mistake, sorry. I extrapolated to seeing that as a little be stream.

TBH I think the first show back should be a big one with a big crowd. The ecstacy of wrestling returns where it belongs, with a few thousand people at the stadium

Aahhh my mistake, sorry. I extrapolated to seeing that as a little be stream.

TBH I think the first show back should be a big one with a big crowd. The ecstacy of wrestling returns where it belongs, with a few thousand people at the stadium

i don't know what the criteria is for government to allow 2000 cram into the stadium again, doesn't seem like anytime soon. I wouldn't say fans of our business are renowned for being the most hygienic of fans either.

i don't know what the criteria is for government to allow 2000 cram into the stadium again, doesn't seem like anytime soon. I wouldn't say fans of our business are renowned for being the most hygienic of fans either.

Well there's a stadium show in October so here's hoping! If the GAA can do something in Croker then we can do something in the stadium I'm sure. Plus venues will be begging for the revenue so there might even be a bigger opportunity after all this. Who knows!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

The biggest problem is who do they book? Starrr, Jorand and presumably Scotty Davis not an option. Who knows how easy it will be to book international talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Damien Corvin and Liam Royal are two big bad boys you could easily push I reckon. B-Cool is massively over, could be a fantastic babyface higher up the card. All of MTH are good talents in their own right too. Zack Gibson could be a phenomenal heel OTT World Champion if his schedule allowed.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Damien Corvin and Liam Royal are two big bad boys you could easily push I reckon. B-Cool is massively over, could be a fantastic babyface higher up the card. All of MTH are good talents in their own right too. Zack Gibson could be a phenomenal heel OTT World Champion if his schedule allowed.

Corvin's work is absolutely not up to snuff to be a singles wrestler or anywhere near the top of the card. It's evident anytime you see him in a singles match and the Kings have had the same match with everyone, sloppy brawls and into the crowd and since they lost to BSS and that "loser leaves" ****e theyve barely been seen, doesn't speak highly to be honest.

As for Liam Royal, absolute sky is the limit but he seems to have completely disappeared from social media but I'm assuming it's lockdown related and he'll be back but very young and green to fill the position of a Starr or Devlin.

Make no bones about it, all this is a huge huge blow for OTT.

• Advertisement

Royal seems to connect well with the crowd any time I've seen him. He might be a bit greener than others but he dwarfs plenty of the rest of them so that could be used to cover any shortcomings. Just have him dominate them and build him up a bit. Corvin I think is good on the mic in taped promos (really good actually) and has a good look. I think he's fine in the ring but maybe doesn't connect all that well with the audience or the act is stale.

Yeah it's a big blow losing Starr, with Jordan and Scotty's status still unknown but there's some great minds and talent at work in OTT and their shows nearly always tick the right boxes. One thing about the OTT faithful is that they'll always give the guys and girls encouragement and that's class.

Royal seems to connect well with the crowd any time I've seen him. He might be a bit greener than others but he dwarfs plenty of the rest of them so that could be used to cover any shortcomings. Just have him dominate them and build him up a bit. Corvin I think is good on the mic in taped promos (really good actually) and has a good look. I think he's fine in the ring but maybe doesn't connect all that well with the audience or the act is stale.

Yeah it's a big blow losing Starr, with Jordan and Scotty's status still unknown but there's some great minds and talent at work in OTT and their shows nearly always tick the right boxes. One thing about the OTT faithful is that they'll always give the guys and girls encouragement and that's class.

Definitely agree with Royal, the sky is the limit with him but he's a long way off topping the card. Corvin is unbelievable in those pre taped promos and that's where it stops. All you need to do is look at where he's booked outside of OTT, I think him and Bonesaw work for that weird TNT promotion in Liverpool and that's about it? Nowhere near good enough to step into one of those top spots.

All 3 MTH lads will have huge futures I think though which I forgot to say before. Definitely Kearney and Cleary and Nathan Martin has shown great personality over the last couple of shows especially in the Lucha Brothers one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Not too sure to put this here or the other thread but a lot of talk on the twitter about the cork promotions again and a high up female talent bullying will see if I can dig it out here.
    https://twitter.com/Alan4L/status/1274785521156284416

jface187 wrote: »
    The biggest problem is who do they book? Starrr, Jorand and presumably Scotty Davis not an option. Who knows how easy it will be to book international talent.

Session Moth as champ. The feel good, massive pop the scene needs now. The nicest wrestler you could ever meet, has earned the spot and would make the most sense.

As long as her RoH and Japan bookings lined up, I'd take six months to a year of champion Martina

Not too sure to put this here or the other thread but a lot of talk on the twitter about the cork promotions again and a high up female talent bullying will see if I can dig it out here.
    https://twitter.com/Alan4L/status/1274785521156284416

Sadly this has happened so much in indy wrestling. It's sickening. You can't train as much as "you should"? - you don't get booked. You can't do street team - you don't get booked. You can't work security at events - you don't get booked.

The biggest lie in professional wrestling is the word "trainee" - It is a way to keep you down. You are only a trainee so you are not gonna get paid for risking your body (even bus fare and something to eat is too much to ask for) you are only a trainee so you have to buy the promotions tshirt (with no discount) you are a trainee so if some known wrestler is doing a "seminar" you must attend. If you dont? don't look to get booked.

A wrestling seminar is an old promoters trick to cover the known wrestlers booking and earn at the same time. Charging mental money in which you learn next to nothing.

I could go on.

Session Moth as champ. The feel good, massive pop the scene needs now. The nicest wrestler you could ever meet, has earned the spot and would make the most sense.

As long as her RoH and Japan bookings lined up, I'd take six months to a year of champion Martina

The women have a championship of their own. Wouldn’t that kind of devalue that title? Wouldn’t be for me personally. Also there’s the Gender Neutral Title too already!

jface187 wrote: »

I can't understand who would want to support the Irish scene at the moment.

Sadly this has happened so much in indy wrestling. It's sickening. You can't train as much as "you should"? - you don't get booked. You can't do street team - you don't get booked. You can't work security at events - you don't get booked.

The biggest lie in professional wrestling is the word "trainee" - It is a way to keep you down. You are only a trainee so you are not gonna get paid for risking your body (even bus fare and something to eat is too much to ask for) you are only a trainee so you have to buy the promotions tshirt (with no discount) you are a trainee so if some known wrestler is doing a "seminar" you must attend. If you dont? don't look to get booked.

A wrestling seminar is an old promoters trick to cover the known wrestlers booking and earn at the same time. Charging mental money in which you learn next to nothing.

I could go on.
    Jesus I didn’t know that at all so basically a “trainee” is a cash cow and free labour under the guise of paying your dues an absolute joke.

I can't understand who would want to support the Irish scene at the moment.

I get you as a long time OTT fan going to Dublin and Belfast I won’t be going for the foreseeable future even watching what’s going on on twitter would annoy you wrestling should be an escape from reality not a nightmare to be apart off.

• Advertisement

The women have a championship of their own. Wouldn’t that kind of devalue that title? Wouldn’t be for me personally. Also there’s the Gender Neutral Title too already!

She's at a main event level IMO, the Heavyweight belt isn't a men's only belt, it's for the top person

Advertisement