Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Wrestlingie uploaded this and it was really fun. How Devitt broke the ironing board is why I love him:

The real reason why I posted this is that I've had a few people some independent of each other comment to me how well the comments in the comment section were handled by the Wrestling.ie. Very understanding and professional. These would be people from Ireland, UK and the US who follow indies closely, buy a lot of DVDs, attend shows etc. Invariably that means every once in a while dealing with VERY thin skinned and unprofessional promoters for a whole variety of reasons. They all saw the response as a refreshing change from the usual standard. So well done whomever is operating it.

Made my annual visit to the Metal Ireland forum and this made for amusing reading:

http://www.metalireland.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57234

Universal issues and rules of thumb for promoters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MSW Wrestling

We will be performing a special action packed trainee gym show at the Main Stage Wrestling Training Centre on Saturday December 21st at 3 pm!
    ADMISSION WILL BE FREE!
    The show will feature new trainees and up and coming wrestlers taking part in matches and showcasing the in-ring skills they have developed so far. The stars of MSW’s current roster will also be making an appearance!
    There will also be a free training session before the show for anyone who has contacted us about training classes over the past 3 months. The training is also open to experienced wrestlers or those who may have trained in the past. So if you’d like to come down to try out some training, take part in a strength and conditioning session, or just come down to meet the trainers and take a look around our facility to see what it’s all about, we would love to see you all to say hello and thank you for supporting us so far!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Relive the chase for The CCW Heavyweight Championship. Full show also available in hd.

Matches include :
    Bingo Ballance V Nicky M
    Boneaw V Executioner
    Philly The Kid V Big Bad Hynesie
    Lone Wolf Lycan V Vic Viper
    Katey Harvey V Kazza G
    Fatal Four Way for the CCW Heavyweight Championship

Like Celtic Championship Wrestling on facebook http://www.facebook.com/celticchampwrestling

Follow on Twitter @CCWrestling1

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

Loved it. Bingo Ballance vs Nicky was my favourite match of the show, the triple threat coming in a close second

• Advertisement

1512528_628085523914275_645710940_n.jpg

International star Maxer Brennan is coming to Main stage wrestling Training Centre this Saturday to host a very special training session focusing on the unique Japanese style of pro-wrestling. A chance to train with one of the top performers in the industry today, it is a rare opportunity not to be missed!

Details are:
    Saturday january 11th 12 - 3 pm

Cost- €10 paid on arrival.

Places are limited. To book simply pm us or text / call 0857490505

Celtic Championship Wrestling 's first show of 2014 brings us back to St Finbarr's Hurling & Football Club for CCW Uprising. Now that the dust has settled from our last show Riot live from The Savoy what is next for CCW?? With Bingo Ballance gone, Lycan as Championship Choice holder and a new CCW champion. You won't want to miss this show to see the aftermath.

Last time we were at St Finbarr's one man was locked in a casket. So anything is likely to happen!!!

Doors open at 18:30, bell time 19:00. Tickets are only €12 adult and €10 child available at the door!

Tickets available for direct purchase at the ticketmaster kiosk in Merchant's Quay, Cork City. Tickets are limited so advance purchase is recommended!

There will be a full bar service available on the night!

sush.jpg

Like Celtic Championship Wrestling on facebook https://www.facebook.com/celticchampwrestling

Follow us on Twitter @CCWrestling1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

At a Wrestling.ie show last night in Newtownabbey and found out about another show in Belfast Waterfront hall on November 8th, it is Prince Devitt vs Magnus as a main event

think tickets are only £15, should be a good show

montyrebel wrote: »
    At a Wrestling.ie show last night in Newtownabbey and found out about another show in Belfast Waterfront hall on November 8th, it is Prince Devitt vs Magnus as a main event

think tickets are only £15, should be a good show

No idea what was said at the show but the press release says:
    The first ever British born World Heavyweight Champion will be making his way to the Belfast Waterfront on Saturday, November 8th to face-off against the WRESTLING.IE Champion whether that’s Prince Devitt or Dunkan Disorderly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

ok, my bad i just picked up on the devitt part of it, and we all know not to believe everything we read in press releases ;)

• Advertisement

'The Sligo Sex Bomb' JC Williams recaps the events of CCW Riot and lets the entire CCW roster know of his plans for CCW Uprising and beyond

Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1396145500634880

Uprising.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Anyone gone to one of these, good? Worth a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Does anybody know if there is any Wrestling shows on in Dublin this weekend preferably Saturday. Thanks.

The only Dublin show I am aware of is this the following weekend.

BhPRG-aCAAEu5Z5.jpg

$_2.JPG

Main Stage Wrestling presents
    ''STARS OF WRESTLING''– with WWE SUPERSTAR CHRIS MASTERS

The Superstars of Main Stage Wrestling will be appearing live in April for a massive weekend of events during the Easter midterm break which will feature former WWE Super Star Chris Masters!

Saturday April 19th at Leisureland, Salthill, Galway at 6:30 pm

Sunday April 20th, at Good Counsel GAA club, Davitt road, Drimnagh, Dublin at 6:30 pm

Tickets for each event are €12 and are available from www.entertainment.ie

For more information see www.mainstagewrestling.net
    www.facebook.com/MainStageWrestling

Masters, best known for his ‘’Masterlock’’ challenge has faced some of the biggest names in the WWE including John Cena, Randy Orton, Kane, and Dolph Ziggler. Now, he has his eyes set on Main Stage Wrestling’s roster and possibly capturing the prestigious MSW Championship! There will also be a special meet and greet with Chris Masters, along with the rest of the super stars at each event!

Main Stage Wrestling is Ireland’s fastest growing pro-wrestling entertainment company.
    Currently performing live, American-style wrestling events around the country packed full of high impact, non-stop excitement that’s fun and suitable for all ages!
    MSW is the real deal when it comes to top class pro-wrestling entertainment!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

But leisureland is closed for renovations?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Any chance we're likely to see a Devitt booking somewhere in the Dundalk, Drogheda, Dublin or Bray areas? All due respect to Wrestling.ie but I don't drive and can't make it to and from towns like Newtownards, Coleraine and Athlone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

robvondoom wrote: »
    Any chance we're likely to see a Devitt booking somewhere in the Dundalk, Drogheda, Dublin or Bray areas? All due respect to Wrestling.ie but I don't drive and can't make it to and from towns like Newtownards, Coleraine and Athlone.

It'd be nice to see him wrestle in Dublin before he goes to WWE/if he goes.

Are these two shows going head to head or is one a matinee and one an evening:

Bk9X0f2IIAAY9yI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They're clashing by the looks of things, one at 6.30 and one at 7.30. Strange.

• Advertisement

With at least OMEN and Kazza G on both posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

One is MSW and the other is wrestling.ie so they are 100% clashing

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

How come Wrestling.IE never ever run in the Dublin area brothers? There's 1.2 million people in the city yet they never run it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    How come Wrestling.IE never ever run in the Dublin area brothers? There's 1.2 million people in the city yet they never run it.

http://wrestling.ie/event_info.htm
    Currently we only visit each large sized town once a year, avoiding all small towns nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Funny I spotted this on the front page. I work in a small arts centre just outside Dublin, approx 250 seats and we had wrestling.ie not so long ago. Only saw about 20 mins but I was surprised at how good it was! I'd definitely recommend it for the little ones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Well one copied the other. Wonder which one.
    But its bloody stupid. It's hard to draw 100 people as it is without another show on the same same night and in the same area :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

We have a thread dedicated to all things Irish wrestling. Moving the conversation there:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85452331

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Unless it's just an unfortunate coincidence and both had their deposits down before either went public, this stuff shouldn't happen. I'd say there's less than 50 relevant people working on the scene, how could one not give each other the heads up through various channels if they don't talk directly? From what I've seen/heard from both companies they both offer something good to the scene, so they should be hoping the other succeeds so wrestling as a whole has a good name for them to then benefit from, rather than splitting rosters and pennies between them.

One 250-400 att show in an area boosts interest significantly. Two 80-100 houses (not to mention general confusion caused when two sets of parents that are friends buy tickets to two different shows while planning to go together) can kill it for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Its ridiculous. Been to wrestling.ie before so i'll go to the MSW show. There hasnt been a show here in Galway on months and 2 on the same night is idiotic. 2 half empty venues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Probably will kill it for everyone.
    To make matters worse both feature Omen and Kazza on each poster :pac: (as rovert said) Am sure that will bring confusion.

Because what about the non-wrestling fan parent tho. He or she has the kids going "bring me to the wrestling show!" - Problem is, looking at those posters you think it is the same company because it features 2 of the same wrestlers, the design is pretty much the same....same date!!!

I know each has their respective promotion listed. But its not the focal point of the posters. Besides one is just a facebook page and the other is a url for www.wrestling.ie. Hardly seperates the fact they are two different promotions.

So it would be natural for any parent to think one poster is old and one is new. The venue changed or what not. Problem is... which one is the "actual venue" :pac:

Advertisement