Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Whereabouts is that going to be taking place? Ah crap, I'm working a 66 hour shift that weekend.

Europa Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

I'm thinking of heading up from Wexford for the OTT show next week? Is it worth it? Any opinions of previous shows?

What drink offers have they on?

Cheers lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    I'm thinking of heading up from Wexford for the OTT show next week? Is it worth it? Any opinions of previous shows?

What drink offers have they on?

Cheers lads

They are very good craic. Entertaining matches all round, especially from the english lads they got over (not to take away from the Irish, still stellar performances) and just a general buzz about the shows.

Most certainly worth a tenner. Last time promos were 3 cans of Tennants/Devil's Bit for €10 or 3 Jagerbombs for €10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Ladies & gentlemen it gives us great pleasure to present to you - CCW 12: Clash 4 Gold Live from Glen Rovers Hurling Club (Taped on Sunday the 2nd of November by Full Moon Films). The show featured a stacked card from top to bottom including the Clash 4 Gold No. 1 Contenders Match. Enjoy!! Lots more CCW Video content coming your way very soon.

Celtic Championship Wrestling returns Saturday the 24th of January with Championship Choice 2015 Live from Ballyphehane Community Centre, Cork City. Tickets available on Entertainment.ie NOW!

For more info LIKE Celtic Championship Wrestling on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

For the OTT event what time would I have to get there for to secure ringside seating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    For the OTT event what time would I have to get there for to secure ringside seating?

I think they give preference to people who pre book tickets or at least that was the case for the first show. You can really see from anywhere. Id say pre book and show up when the doors open if your pushed for certain seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Going on my lonesome on Friday to OTT. Any boardies attending? If not I'll probably end up wearing my #lowblows badge and try tag along with Leggo et el.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Going on my lonesome on Friday to OTT. Any boardies attending? If not I'll probably end up wearing my #lowblows badge and try tag along with Leggo et el.

Me and some mates will be there (not sure about Don yet), of course feel free to sit with us! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Note to self: you won't be going to OTT on FRIDAY as the show is on SATURDAY. Not even the Wards caravan was parked outside when I rocked up tonight.

You'd wouldn't believe how hard to is being a complete gobsh*te.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Simply outstanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

So who else is heading to OTT tonight?

So what did those who attended think of OTT last night?

No BS-ing, I think it's probably the best event I've ever been to in Ireland. The 3-Way-Dance & the main event 6-man were the highlights for me. By the end it looked like everyone there was raving their jocks off to Sandstorm (Martin & Workie's entrance theme). Such great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I pray someone recorded that 3 way or OTT put the whole match up online, everyone needs to see it. I'd put it as one of the best matches I have ever seen in an Irish promotion. Unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

The referee in the main event is definitely one of the highlights of my years and years of watching wrestling, haven't laughed so hard at a show like that in a long time, well played lads! €10 is a bargain for what we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

Full review of last nights OTT show by my mate Matthew Macklin http://www.thewrestlingbruit.com/ott-walkingbanjaxed/

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

It was such a great show! the ref coke spot was hilarious I marked out like crazy

Footage of the ref coke spot is on Over the Top's Facebook page. (Boards won't let me link it as I'm a noob)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I've never been at an Irish wrestling thing in my life and haven't watched wrestling in god knows how many years, went into OTT there last Saturday though on a whim - just saw the poster in the chipper and thought it might be a bit of craic to start off the night before heading into town.

I was not wrong, absolute classic stuff. Great night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

G Spark wrote: »
    Footage of the ref coke spot is on Over the Top's Facebook page. (Boards won't let me link it as I'm a noob)

Here is a shaky one from the crowd, you get the loudness though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love to see OTT become like IWC over in the UK

• Advertisement

Would love to see OTT become like IWC over in the UK

I posted before there was an OTT that there's little reason why there shouldn't be a promotion like that. Glasgow and Dublin have similar populations, nightlife/drinking culture and a strong culure of it own with are own slang and attitude. Always cringed hugely when Irlsh lads spoke on the house mic in pseudo American accents and used "in this ring tonight" off the telly phraseology.

OTT's challenge is keeping the quality of their cards strong and fresh. The pool of talent in Ireland could be better. Things kind of dipped when Irish Whip Wrestling more or less imploded, the economy went south and everyone is doing MMA training instead. Joey Cabray returning from NXT was a big boost to the scene. Probably the best understanding of character Wrestling on the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Insideandout

Attended the CCW show in Ballyphehane last Saturday and have to say I had a smashing time. Everything from the lads on the door to the talent in the ring, it was a massive team effort that came together perfectly on the night.

I'm pretty new to Cork city so I was wondering if there are any other promotions near enough to the city that put on shows?

Attended the CCW show in Ballyphehane last Saturday and have to say I had a smashing time. Everything from the lads on the door to the talent in the ring, it was a massive team effort that came together perfectly on the night.

I'm pretty new to Cork city so I was wondering if there are any other promotions near enough to the city that put on shows?

Thanks for the kind words. CCW is the only wrestling promotion in Cork/Munster area. The next show is Sunday March 15th at St Finbarrs GAA Club, Togher, Cork City. Like us on Facebook for more info.

Voice of Ireland Series 4 contestant John Sheehy performs Survivor "Eye of The Tiger" for Ricky Combat's entrance at last weekends CCW Championship Choice event. Watch to see the very unexpected ending.

CCW comes to St. Finbarr's National Hurling & Football Club (Togher, Cork City) on Sunday March 15th for another explosive event. This show will feature the crowning of the first CCW All Star Champion in an All Star Championship Scramble Match.

Official_Uprising_2015_poster.jpg

Tickets are available NOW at Entertainment.ie, purchase your tickets online and receive a FREE MEET & GREET with the stars of CCW.

Buy Tickets: https://entertainment.ticketsolve.com/shows/873527925/events
    Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/838456392859346

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 steinbrenner65

Hey did anyone here catch the OTT show?? Wowzers what a show. Minor criticism - the show was way to good

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Over The Top Wrestling

Over The Top Wrestling goes old school with "SCRAPPERMANIA"!

We return to the Tivoli Theatre, Francais street Dublin 8 on Saturday March 21st at 7:30 pm (Doors open 6:30pm).

This event will feature the some very best talent pro-wrestling has to offer with international stars Pete Dunne, Ryan Smile, and TNA: British Boot-camp contestant "The Bastard" Dave Mastiff all appearing alongside fan favorites Luther ward, "The Lord Of The Manor" Sir Paul Tracy and "The Lads From The Flats" Martin 'N Workie.

Tickets for the event are available online from entertainment. ie

Tickets also on sale from WRESTLING MANIA - Top floor of Stephen's green shopping Centre and the Tivoli Theatre box office.

There will be a full bar service available on the night with drinks promotions and pizza on sale during the event!

Over The Top Wrestling have been tearing up the Irish Wrestling scene with packed out over 18's only themed wrestling events featuring hard hitting, tongue in cheek pro-wrestling and comedy in a two hour long show full of thrills and spills. This will be one of their biggest events to date and a show you do not want to miss!

Get your tickets today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Another great show, OTT have converted a lot of my non wrestling interested mates into fans. Great fun for anybody really!

Really looking forward to the next show and getting to see Dave Mastiff - perfect start to my week as I head of to Wrestlemania a few days after!

• Advertisement

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Another great show, OTT have converted a lot of my non wrestling interested mates into fans. Great fun for anybody really!

Brought my girlfriend, who has zero interest in wrestling, to The Walking Banjaxed last month and she loved it. She actually said about missing this weekend's show "I'm f**king raging I have to go to this hen party instead of the wrestling"

I still went with the lads and had a deadly time.

OTT are doing great things for Irish wrestling fans.

Advertisement