Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

there were warning signs :P:
    dce.png

Quite unfortunate if true.
    It would be a loss to the irish scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

World Wrestling Council (WWC): Aniversario
    July 15th, 2011
    Ponce, Puerto Rico

* El Invader #1 & Carlitos vs. Chicky Starr & Gilbert
    * Carlito & Primo vs. Steve Corino & Bison Smith
    * WWC World Tag Team Title Match: Los Fugitivos de la Calle (Lynx & El Niche) © vs. Chavo Guerrero & Orlando Colon
    * Abyss vs. Mr. Big
    * Sarita vs. Black Rose
    * Mad Man Manson vs. "The Destruction Machine" Black Pain

I was reading the card for Chavo Guerrero's return Match for the Colon's in Puerto Rico, and noticed Manson on the card, and thought it was pretty damn cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

I was reading the card for Chavo Guerrero's return Match for the Colon's in Puerto Rico, and noticed Manson on the card, and thought it was pretty damn cool

Wow that is almost surreal. Good on Manson. Id book an appointment at a clinic on the way back after working there tho. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Alas a different dude and Abyss knock off:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

drayme wrote: »
    Alas a different dude and Abyss knock off:

Quite honestly, the real (ie: Irish) Mad Man Manson looks a hell of a lot better than that chap :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 wrestlefan101

its not fair to tell ppl not to discuss a hot topic. jus my opinion. but onto other things i really want to know more about the cruserweight tournament nlw. is it gonna go beyonf nlw shows? thats the impresion i got at the start but i mite have picked it up wrong. so far only 3 names in the tournament but i guess the final is being advertised for sept so plenty of time. really wud like to c bingo ballance in it. him and tucker had great match at a dcw show i was at.
    and on dcw it does sound like all thos e ppl walking out could be a storyline? they seem to do tat alot. internet storylines. at leastit has ppl talking ifi t is a storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

<SNIP>

what shows are all coming up this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    <SNIP>

what shows are all coming up this month?

I have a few listed on the Irish Dates part of the site, plenty happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IwW started possibly the largest summer schedule seen in Ireland with shows in Waterford & Kerry. The Supermodel managed to retained his IwW International Heavyweight Championship against both former Irish power lifting champion TJ Meehan & Devil Bit's Salem Soultaker, whilst Mandrake kept his promise to make IwW's roster tap to him in his matches against Skaterboi Jeebus but couldnt make The Supermodel tap in a tag team elimination match for the IwW Championship.

Kerry

Mandrake retained his Zero Gravity Championship against Skaterboi Jeebus by submission

Captain Rooney defeated Tat2 Charlie

IwW International Champion The Supermodel retained his title by DQ against TJ Meehan after interference

The Supermodel, Captain Rooney & Skaterboi Jeebus defeated Mandrake, TJ Meehan & Tat2 Charlie in a 6 man tag match where if The Supermodel was pinned he would lose his IwW Title

Waterford

Mandrake retained his Zero Gravity Championship against Skaterboi Jeebus by submission

TJ Meehan won a triple threat match against Walter Alexander & Tat2 Charlie

IwW International Champion The Supermodel retained his title against Salem Soultaker

The Supermodel & Skaterboi Jeebus beat The Devils Rejects (Mandrake & Salem Soultaker) in a tag match where if The Supermodel was pinned he would lose his IwW Title

Thanks to all the fans who attend the shows

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

NLW 5TH ANNIVERSARY TICKETS GO ON SALE NEXT WEEK. CHECK BACK FOR MORE INFO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I know it aint in a Irish promotion but while on the topic of Mad Man Manson the dude has a good little match here with Keith Myatt

Also any word on Jorden Devlin in Japan or links to some matches....tis a great acheivment, fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

Ballyfermot local Paul Buckley and Maxi look ahead to DCW Celtic Uprising July 23rd Ballyfermot Civic Centre Dublin 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA3SajNqnV8

Working Class John & DCW referee Niall Fox discuss the match at Aftermath that cost John his freedom and look ahead to DCW Celtic Uprising Saturday July 23rd 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVPzPDfVL1A

Bingo Ballance comments on his upcoming match with 'Championship Chase' briefcase winner Andy Phoenix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abxieAmidO0

The Great Pierre speaks for the first time since appearing in DCW at Collision Course in February and its about something that has eaten away at him for 5 years www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhtijdPiiHk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

championship chase briefcase?
    Why not call your promotion WWWE? :p

championship chase briefcase?
    Why not call your promotion WWWE? :p

im not the biggest supportter of dcw and i do think they go over the top on there wwe style booking most of the times but i do think its ok to do a money in the bank match. just like its ok to do a royal rumble or a ladder match or a steal cage match. its a good type of match tat people love. just because wwe do it doesnt mean an indi promotion cant. thats my opinnion anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

im not the biggest supportter of dcw and i do think they go over the top on there wwe style booking most of the times but i do think its ok to do a money in the bank match. just like its ok to do a royal rumble or a ladder match or a steal cage match. its a good type of match tat people love. just because wwe do it doesnt mean an indi promotion cant. thats my opinnion anyway :)

Good point, didnt really think of it that way

Click below to see IWW Zero Gravity Champion and IWW Trainer Mandrake featured in The Bleacher Report from 5th July!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/757565-pro-wrestling-mandrake-is-the-best-european-wrestler-never-to-wrestle-in-us

For information on training with Mandrake within IWW and for info on shows, please see the Facebook links below.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002350872333

http://www.facebook.com/groups/136554013045004

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Don't suppose any you boys workin' Strong Style eh? :rolleyes:

Ah, was worth a shot. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

In Ireland the strong style isn't called for from the majority of the audience. The Irish independent scenes target audience in recent years has been families. So to suit the TA we use a more American based style as it's what they're used to seeing. For the most part a Japanese strong style would be plain silly to use as no body in the crowd would get it and the wrestlers have full time jobs to go back to on monday. In previous years NWA Ireland used a very intense hard hitting style but that has evolved into a safer and more entertaining product these days. If your looking for a hard hitting show check out the over 18s show in Smithfield in September. There was a particularly rough hardcore match on the last one of those. If it was a genuine question thanks for the inquirey. If you're just trolling feel free to grab a good hold of yourself and f*€k right off. Thanks.

Easy man, I was just asking a question.

Sorry, you just came across as fairly sarcastic, what with the eye rolling.

• Advertisement

Whatever man. it wouldn't be me if people weren't taking me up wrong.

Thats what she said

Waterford

Skaterboi Jeebus beat Tat2 Charlie

Walter Alexander won a 3 Way over Biffo Meehan & Ian Starr

Mandrake retained his IwW Zero Gravity Championship against Aaron Idol

The Supermodel kept his IwW International Heavyweight Championship against Salem Soultaker by DQ

After the match The Supermodel put his title on the line against The Devils Rejects where if he was pinned he would lose his title

The Supermodel & Aaron Idol defeated The Devils Rejects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tollda

Does anyone know when the IWW site will be back online?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

NLW 5th Anniversary Show Tickets on Sale NOW!

Five years ago, No Limit Wrestling changed the face of Professional Wrestling in Ireland. NLW was the first promotion in Ireland to have the sole aim of bringing the best talent together on one show. And that's what was done. On August 19th 2006, NLW held it's premier show in Dublin and featured some of the best the country had to offer. Names on the initial show included Dunkan Disorderly, "All Star" Anthony Idol, Shawn Maxer, Paul Tracey, Joey Cabray, Alex Breslin, Machine, Bobby Lee Harm, Paddy Morrow, Team Mega, Canada's Dru Onyx, Triple S, Tron and Georgie Mac among others. The show sold out and was a special day for Irish Wrestling.

One month later, No Limit Wrestling travelled to Naas in Co. Kildare to hold their second ever show in conjunction with NWA-Ireland. This show featured an epic 30 minute time-limit draw between Adam Abz and Fergal Devitt. Also featured was Shawn Maxer Vs. "All Star" Anthony Idol which saw Idol's suicide dive off the top of a Stage Ladder standing well over 15 feet high. This event was ground-breaking and gave the people of Kildare a new style of wrestling they had never seen live before. It was on that night that The Moat Theatre in Naas became one of NLW's favourite venues to perform at. And in a sense, the theatre became the home of No Limit Wrestling.

Now, five years on, NLW will return to the Moat Theatre in Naas. Already, organisers are promising a memorable night and are pulling out all the stops including flying in former WWE Superstar Scotty Too Hotty for the show. This night will feature the final of the much talked about 'Cruiser8 Tournament' and will feature stars of NLW including Dunkan Disorderly, NLW Champion Sir Paul Tracey and many others.

Tickets are now officially on sale (tickets went on sale Tuesday 12th July). All seats in this theatre are reserved so early booking is advisable so you can choose your seats. All tickets are priced at €12 but if you wish to have front row seats, booking in the coming days is advised as these tend to sell out quickly. You will also have an opportunity to meet and chat with Scotty Too Hotty at the event as well. Don't miss this historic event Live in Naas, Co. Kildare on September 25th.

NLW 5th Anniversary Show
    ~Sunday, September 25th 2011
    ~Moat Theatre, Naas, Co. Kildare
    ~6.30pm
    ~Tickets €12 from Moat Box Office
    ~Call: (045) 88 3030
    ~www.MoatTheatre.com
    ~Or Call in Tuesday to Saturday

(Located behind Credit Union, Main Street, Naas, Co. Kildare)
    *Naas is located just 30 minuted from Dublin
    263881_228332547198673_167386333293295_781244_2535556_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Congrats NLW on reaching such a great milestone and for putting in all the hard work to bring us fans great shows each and every time. Can't wait for the next five years rock on

lookin forward to that nlw show defo gonna go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

DCW Double Header Weekend July 23rd Ballyfermot July 24th Balbriggan
    DCW has its first ever show in Ballyfermot as part of the "DCW Double Header" Weekend

Tickets for this event now available from Tommys Corner Shop 26 Cherry Orchard Avenue and News Express 274 Ballyfermot Road €10 0851085650 for more details

Triple Threat Match for the DCW Heavyweight Championship
    Irish Dragon (c) v Ballymun Bruiser v Danny "The Pain" Deans

Bingo Ballance & "All Star" Anthony Idol v Andy Phoenix & LA Warren

DCW Tag Team Championship Match
    The Dunne Brothers (c) v Siren's Surprise Tag Team

"The Lone Wolf" Lycan v Karl Brien
    *Stipulation to be picked by Lycan*

Ryan Smile v Space Cadet

Arm Wrestling Match
    Marc Savage v Paul Buckley

Plus much more to be announced in the coming weeks stay tuned to DCW Facebook for all the updates

Admission €10 - you can pay at the door on the night
    www.youtube.com/dcwwrestlezone

www.dublinwrestling.ie

Buses to the venue are 78a,78,79,79a (with 79 and 79a get off at Gala Bingo) 18 and 26

DCW Battle In Balbriggan
    Sunday July 24th Balbriggan Community Centre Balbriggan 5:30pm

Bam Katraz v The Great Pierre

First Time Ever
    Andy Phoenix v "Zenith Of Zero Gravity" Bingo Ballance

www.dublinwrestling.ie and Dublin Championship Wrestling on Facebook for all the latest news concerning this Double Header of DCW action

Used to hit Celtic Pro with a buddy of mine back in the day. There was a worker there who used to have the two of us dying with laughter. I believe his name was Daragh. He'd get into hilarious verbals with the crowd and botch 619s to end up flat on his arse outside the ring etc.

Just wondering if he's still doing the rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

robvondoom wrote: »
    Used to hit Celtic Pro with a buddy of mine back in the day. There was a worker there who used to have the two of us dying with laughter. I believe his name was Daragh. He'd get into hilarious verbals with the crowd and botch 619s to end up flat on his arse outside the ring etc.

Just wondering if he's still doing the rounds.

That would be Darragh Galligan. He currently wrestles for Dublin Championship Wrestling as 'Galligan' on their shows. You can check their Facebook page for more info and pics and such.

Advertisement