Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Thinking about going to the OTT show in Dolans at the end of the month. I know next to nothing about the promotion though. Are these events recommended or?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Thinking about going to the OTT show in Dolans at the end of the month. I know next to nothing about the promotion though. Are these events recommended or?
    I've only been to their shows in Dublin so dunno what Dolan's is like as a venue but the show is good fun. Good - excellent wrestling matches depending on what's booked and some fun comedy bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭SarahVOW

New OTT - Even Better Than Better Than Our Best review up on the Voices Of Wrestling website.

(I can't post links)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nicky B

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    Any idea on when the Ryan Smile vs. Scurll rematch will take place?

Marty posted on his Twitter that he would be back in August anyway so that's probably a good indication of when we are getting it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Yeah there's no July OTT show (they're doing the Scott Hall night instead) so August is the likely date for the rematches.

Looks like there won't be another Tommy End OTT appearance anytime soon, scuttlebutt is he's off to NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Looks like there won't be another Tommy End OTT appearance anytime soon, scuttlebutt is he's off to NXT.

Great news. Provided NXT still remains a thing there'll be many's a talent clocking in for an OTT show or two before crossing the pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

The voices of Wrestling said Colt never wrestled in Ireland. I recall going to a show years ago outside Dublin where is was Colt & The Fallen Angel Daniels on it. Colt did some comedy stuff with mad man manson.

The voices of Wrestling said Colt never wrestled in Ireland. I recall going to a show years ago outside Dublin where is was Colt & The Fallen Angel Daniels on it. Colt did some comedy stuff with mad man manson.

Yeah, apologies, that was me and I was actually at that show. It was 10 years ago and Ive seen him 10+ times abroad since, only realised after it was published.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I believe it was actually Ballymun Bruiser that worked Cabana when he was over here, not Manson. Could be wrong though.

IWW Supershow in 2007, they were both on. Cabana faced The Ballymun Bruiser, he chopped him while sitting on my lap.

May have been a tag match including Manson, can't remenber for sure

Cagematch has it listed as below.

1 18.03.2007 Irish Whip Wrestling The Ballymun Bruiser defeats Colt Cabana
    IWW SuperShow Sunday @ Donnycarney Youth Centre in Donnycarney, Dublin, Ireland
    Event

2 18.03.2007 Irish Whip Wrestling No Holds Barred: Colt Cabana & Mad Man Manson defeat Payday Patterson & The Ballymun Bruiser
    IWW SuperShow Sunday @ Donnycarney Youth Centre in Donnycarney, Dublin, Ireland

God ten years ago? I feel so old now. I wasn't having a go, it just read it, and the bit about Colt not wrestling in Ireland brought it all back to me and out of that small crowd of people I found two other people who were at that show. Daniels charged me like a fiver for a pic, I swear there was tumb tac's as well at some stage too.

God ten years ago? I feel so old now. I wasn't having a go, it just read it, and the bit about Colt not wrestling in Ireland brought it all back to me and out of that small crowd of people I found two other people who were at that show. Daniels charged me like a fiver for a pic, I swear there was tumb tac's as well at some stage too.

I seem to remember that too. Pretty sure Manson used them. I still have pictures from that show, I was trying to look through them but it seems I only took photos of the main event mostly. Seems to remember a Fatal 4way for the Zero Gravity Title too that was the best match of the night but quite a while ago alright so memory is a but fuzzy on it

Edit: And El Ligero who is at OTT next month was in that Fatal 4way.

Further Edit: You also said you found 2 others at the show. You have also found 1 that was on the show. I believe Leggo was on the card if I'm not mistaken :)

Extra further edit: Just found a picture of Manson with tacs in him so confirmed that it was Manson that used the tacs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Nicky B wrote: »
    I seem to remember that too. Pretty sure Manson used them. I still have pictures from that show, I was trying to look through them but it seems I only took photos of the main event mostly. Seems to remember a Fatal 4way for the Zero Gravity Title too that was the best match of the night but quite a while ago alright so memory is a but fuzzy on it

Edit: And El Ligero who is at OTT next month was in that Fatal 4way.

Further Edit: You also said you found 2 others at the show. You have also found 1 that was on the show. I believe Leggo was on the card if I'm not mistaken :)

Extra further edit: Just found a picture of Manson with tacs in him so confirmed that it was Manson that used the tacs :)

Yeah I didn't wanna say. I forgot it was a double-header until Sarah posted the card. Worked the afternoon show (we made a teenager nearly cry when he was booing us with a €20 bill in his hand and we took it off him and spent it at the merch table* :pac:), reffed the evening one. Manson did indeed use the tacks, I remember he took a German onto them on the outside and I threw up an X - as a work, because it was a smart crowd. Everyone else was in on the work except for one wrestler sitting at ringside who ran over and tried to stop the match while everyone beat on him and I had to shoo them off. Fun times. :pac: Cabana and Daniels were also two ridiculously sound and helpful international guys to deal with. I think I'm right in saying Nigel McGuinness was on that one too.

*He got the money back of course. But not until we put on our new shirts and gloated in front of him and took polaroids of each other. I miss being a heel.

leggo wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't wanna say. I forgot it was a double-header until Sarah posted the card. Worked the afternoon show (we made a teenager nearly cry when he was booing us with a €20 bill in his hand and we took it off him and spent it at the merch table* :pac:), reffed the evening one. Manson did indeed use the tacks, I remember he took a German onto them on the outside and I threw up an X - as a work, because it was a smart crowd. Everyone else was in on the work except for one wrestler sitting at ringside who ran over and tried to stop the match while everyone beat on him and I had to shoo them off. Fun times. :pac: Cabana and Daniels were also two ridiculously sound and helpful international guys to deal with. I think I'm right in saying Nigel McGuinness was on that one too.

*He got the money back of course. But not until we put on our new shirts and gloated in front of him and took polaroids of each other. I miss being a heel.

I have a picture with McGuinness from that show too so yep, it seems so alright. Good to hear that the 2 lads are sound anyway. Seemed that way when I was talking to them but they could always treat fans and other talent differently

That was the last Irish show I went to before going to the most recent OTT show. Was a really fun show and being an RoH fan at the time meeting Nigel, Colt and Daniels was brilliant. Also knew a few of the IWW guys back then too. Ah I miss the mid 00's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

An intense end to tonights Main Event at St Finbarrs National Hurling & Football Club, Cork City. The crowd saw yet another action packed night of CCW entertainment (full results to come on Facebook). But that is just the beginning of The Celtic Championship Wrestling Summer Line Up. We will announce our Summer Tour Dates this week.
    In the meantime, CCW's Over 18's brand of Pro Wrestling returns Sat July 16th when CCW RIOT Presents: Project Mayhem. This show will feature all the regular CCW Stars. Also appearing on the night will be ''The Phoenix'' Jody Fleisch, Pastor William Eaver, ''The Local Hero'' Joe Hendry, Paul Robinson, David The Beloved, Pollyanna and many more. Expect yet another stacked card at The Kino. Tickets on sale NOW. Get them while you can. Last show sold out in record time. Only 50 VIP Seated tickets available. Join the Facebook Event Page for up to date info: https://www.facebook.com/events/1151667111551821/

MAYHEM_POSTER_FOR_WEB.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone here going to OTT in Limerick this Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CCW. It amazes me how you can consistently put on 18+ shows for nights I cannot get to. If I didn't know better I would say it is deliberate :pac:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

Not sure if this is allowed, but if anyone had a VIP ticket for Colt in Dublin, I would take it off your hands. Mates all got them and I only got GA. cheers!

I hope all the humerdink stuff is over, I went to the Rhino show where is was suppose to end but kept it going to the Anderson show. I think they have enough talent that don't need silly GM story lines. Love to go tomorrow night but working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Looking forward to the OTT show tonight.
    Delighted Colt's finally wrestling here again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I was at OTT in Limerick last night. It was my first time seeing them and it was absolutely awesome. Got to meet Colt Cabana before the show as I bought VIP tickets. My memory is a bit hazy but here's a short rundown of what happened from what I can recall if anyone is interested.

Jordan Devlin beat Logan Bryce
    Bryce came out and issued an open challenge. He got lot of heat with his whole Leinster gimmick. Bryce dominated for the majority of the match with Devlin getting a comeback and winning with a great moonsault. An alright match but a good start to the show

Paul Treacy beat Tyler Bate
    Again, the heel got a lot of heat from the fans this match. Tyler has a great look with an awesome mustache which evoked chants of "Sexy Mustache"! For a lad of only 19 years of age I thought he was a pretty great worker with him using an awesome Octopus Hold as well as some fantastic flying uppercuts in the match. They had a great match with Treacy picking up the win with a cracking Lariat.

Pete Dunne beat El Ligero
    Funniest moment of the night occurred at the beginning of this match when a fan in the balcony wearing a Rey Mysterio mask asked Ligero to tag him in. Ligero proceeded to get out of the ring and got a boost up from spectators on the ground so that he could slap his hand. The fan then came down and entered the ring while Ligero went upstairs and took the fan's place. This was the match of the night for me with some great spots such as Ligero hitting a reverse frankensteiner and sitting Dunne down and doing running chops across his chest on the outside to name two. Pete Dunne picked up the victory with his awesome finisher which was kind of like a Pumphandle slam into a facebuster.

Colt Cabana and Session Moth Martina beat The Gymnasties
    Typical Cabana Match, hilarious throughout! His mention of him f*cking a beour sent the crowd into raptures! Didn't know what to expect from The Gymnasties but they were brilliant! To be honest I think I spent too much time laughing to remember much about the match itself. Funny spots were chants for Colt and Martina to shift until Sammy D and Justin did so out of nowhere, Colt and Justin Shape doing the Criss-Cross rope running with Colt eventually just staying at one rope and lifting his leg to give the impression that he was still running before Justin fell over followed by Colt pulling down his pants to reveal his thong. Colt picked up the win with a GTS and got the pin with the opponent's legs up by his head while Colt simulated sex.

Jake O’Brien beat Terry Thatcher
    Great pop for hometown boy J.O.B. Lot's of Limerick related chants because of him like Donkey Ford's, Chicken Hut and Golden Grill. A short match with Terry being the most dominant until Jake picked up the surprise win with a Roll-up to a great reaction. Chants of "This is Limerick" followed and Jake showed his appreciation to the fans.

The Wards beat The Kings of The North
    I love The Kings of The North gimmick! All three of the guys looked great and I really appreciated the matching gear with their initials on their trunks. Bonesaw's red hand was an awesome touch and I wish the other two had followed suit, similar to The Nation of Domination raising their fist in unison. The Wards got a great pop with Paddy and Rocky Mac wearing Ireland jerseys aiding it. Luther started The Fields of Athenry before the match and the place was electric! This was a fantastic match also and wasn't far off of Dunne and Ligero. Dunkan Disorderly's springboard moonsault on the outside was incredible considering he's a big lad as was Luther's suicide dive. Excellent finish to the match with The Kings of The North getting out a table to put Luther through but were attacked by Paddy Ward with a chair before they could do so. Luther then superplexed Dunkan through the table for the victory. Dunkan and Luther were the standouts in this match.

Anybody who has not been to OTT, go. No excuses, just go. Tonights show was amazing. And the August show is f*cking insane, Kings of The North vs War Machine (former RoH tag champs), Ryan Smile vs Marty Scrull II and Pete Dunne vs ZACH SABRE JR!! That is a line up to rival any promotion not named WWE or NJPW in the world. Also Paul Treacy returned tonight in a hot main event angle. Seriously if you like wrestling you can not have a promotion this good on your doorstep and ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Last night was a lot of fun, and as always the crowd was nuts. OTT shows have easily become the highlight of my month. The Jordan Bates in particular was the best match of the night for me, I loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Last night was a lot of fun, and as always the crowd was nuts. OTT shows have easily become the highlight of my month. The Jordan Bates in particular was the best match of the night for me, I loved it!

That heel turn was epic, I'm so happy they have given him a character and time on the mic

Jordon Devlins evolution just through out the show last night was phenomenal. I said it last night I want a huge 10 man Elimination tag down the line between The Wards and The Social Elite.

• Advertisement

The Devlin/Bates match for the first five to ten mins was fairly bland then just turned awesome. Devlin turning and then appearing in the main event was pretty great too. Great show top to bottom and can't wait for the August show, I thought all the Cruserweight guys would stay in Full Sail the whole time as part of the tournament so really glad to see ZSJ being booked back again.

My only criticism about OTT is the deal with the VIP seating, I was barely awake from the hangover before I saw they had put tickets on sale and all the seats were gone already. Even just giving a day or twos notice that they're going on sale would be nice.

Advertisement