Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

What a night! Best show yet and an awesome effort from everyone involved (Including a certain Hashtag Heel and his dancing ;) ).

Osprey is just something else live. Cannot wait for the con now to see Hero live again!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

probably the best night of wrestling Ive ever seen in Ireland, that main event was just insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

cian68 wrote: »
    Before half ten. Probably around ten.

Boy was I wrong about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Yeah it ran much later than the ever have before. I was out of the Tivoli at quarter past eleven.

Great night, for me personally it was shaping up to be one of those "great matches ruined by my view" as I couldn't see **** for the first half (arrived late) but then had a perfect view for the last two matches. Those two were probably some of thebest matches I've seen in person topping previous shows. Jordan Devlin being able to hang with the big boys was great to see too, hopefully he's only going to get even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

cian68 wrote: »
    Boy was I wrong about this.

Funnily enough I was thinking about this post as the conga line headed past at 10:20.. :)

Great night.

• Advertisement

One thing that is a bit of a pain is peoples lack of spatial awareness. For me it is not really an issue I'm 6ft 3 and always seek a space to stand at the back of people so as not to ruin their view. A lot of people in the 2nd half of the show seemed to just change areas and block those who were there from the start in their areas including about 10 people who seemed to sprout out of nowhere in the raised seating area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

One thing that is a bit of a pain is peoples lack of spacial awareness. For me it is not really an issue I'm 6ft 3 and always seek a space to stand at the back of people so as not to ruin their view. A lot of people in the 2nd half of the show seemed to just change areas and block those who were there from the start in their areas including about 10 people who seemed to sprout out of nowhere in the raised seating area.

Yep very annoying that in the second half a tonne of ppl seemed to be in the raised stage vip area. But I will apologise because I think I spent 90% of the second half of the show standing more in shock and awe than being a dick. And also Im really small so I doubt I block too many ppls view. I expect I will be noticeable through most of the VOD though cos I was marking like crazy throughout and wearing a very bright green tee :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Anyone notice that OTT increased the price of the VIP for the October show from €45 to €55 only one day after announcing the prices as VVIP €65 VIP €45 and General €17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    Anyone notice that OTT increased the price of the VIP for the October show from €45 to €55 only one day after announcing the prices as VVIP €65 VIP €45 and General €17

yeah and i wonder how they are going to police the fact that they have now guaranteed each VIP a Bar Stool each when usually these are just taken first come first serve with people holding them for mates etc.
    I wonder what the format of these shows will be with the M&Gs etc

showpony1 wrote: »
    yeah and i wonder how they are going to police the fact that they have now guaranteed each VIP a Bar Stool each when usually these are just taken first come first serve with people holding them for mates etc.

Yeah I was wondering that too, plus the queuing situation is a total joke, so many people skip the line at OTT show its a big joke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

In November or December there was about 20bar stools with reserved signs on them, an office party had booked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

I've been to a couple of OTT shows, love the Wrestling but for me the venue can often be something of a turn off. More often than not I can't make it for early doors and on more than one occasion I've been lucky to get stage seating despite having paid VIP prices as they open up any remaining seats as bell time approaches. I'd love to see them implement assigned seating, though I understand such a thing might not be viable for various reasons. I can honestly say if they switched up the venue to allow for that I'd scarcely miss a show, as it stands it's very much an "if I'm in the mood" kind of deal.

Ageyev wrote: »
    In November or December there was about 20bar stools with reserved signs on them, an office party had booked them.

that was a bit of a joke all their regulars left standing at that show for people who have never gone since lol

that was a bit of a joke all their regulars left standing at that show for people who have never gone since lol

Yeah that p*ssed off alot of fans including myself.

I think Vicar Street would be a prefect upgrade and would be the prefect next step. The venue holds about 1000 and they could do arranged seating so that there is no headaches about getting seats.

OTT has simply outgrown the Tivoli Theatre.

I think Vicar Street would be a prefect upgrade and would be the prefect next step. The venue holds about 1000 and they could do arranged seating so that there is no headaches about getting seats.

That will bring up other problems such as Vicar street won't be selling 3 cans for ten euro or slices of apache pizza. could also end up with some half empty shows down the line, the rough and ready tivoli with the crowd on top of the workers adds a lot to it. most people i know buy tickets seperately also and get together there so seat allocation makes it difficult

I heard from a friend who's been going since Summer last year and he reckoned there were fewer bodies in the building than previous shows. This latest show was announced ahead of time as a sellout (1st time afaik); they warned on FB about buying second hand tickets as all were being scanned; click counters used. That suggests to me they've had to tighten up on max attendance. Coupled with the significant price increase and yes, it appears they have outgrown Tivoli. The big question though is, is that growth based on the foreign talent or the locals and name value.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ive gone to most OTT shows over the past year and agree that they put on an excellent product and the Tivoli generally is a great venue for them, however,

The q'ing system for hours before each show does lead to burnout. Of course OTT are forcing nobody to q for hours, but the way the venue is laid out, people start arriving by 4pm for a 6.45pm door opening just so that they can grab the stools or their favorite area of the building. Anyone who doesn't get a stool or who hasn't paid VIP tickets is left standing for 2-3 hours after they have spent upwards of an hour standing outside q'ing to get in.

that's grand for a few shows per year, but because of all this standing and waiting around some people do get burnt out doing it every month and pass on certain shows.

The Vicar Street venue would certainly be a good idea for OTT but only for certain big shows. Maybe 3 or 4 shows per year similar to this year's Supershow and October's Wrestlecon, with most of the smaller shows at the Tivoli.

That will bring up other problems such as Vicar street won't be selling 3 cans for ten euro or slices of apache pizza. could also end up with some half empty shows down the line, the rough and ready tivoli with the crowd on top of the workers adds a lot to it. most people i know buy tickets seperately also and get together there so seat allocation makes it difficult

I would easily give up the drinks promo for an upgraded venue, I do like the tivoli but I feel with the lack of seating it hurts the experience for lots of people

Gonzo wrote: »
    Ive gone to most OTT shows over the past year and agree that they put on an excellent product and the Tivoli generally is a great venue for them, however,

The q'ing system for hours before each show does lead to burnout. Of course OTT are forcing nobody to q for hours, but the way the venue is laid out, people start arriving by 4pm for a 6.45pm door opening just so that they can grab the stools or their favorite area of the building. Anyone who doesn't get a stool or who hasn't paid VIP tickets is left standing for 2-3 hours after they have spent upwards of an hour standing outside q'ing to get in.

that's grand for a few shows per year, but because of all this standing and waiting around some people do get burnt out doing it every month and pass on certain shows.

The Vicar Street venue would certainly be a good idea for OTT but only for certain big shows. Maybe 3 or 4 shows per year similar to this year's Supershow and October's Wrestlecon, with most of the smaller shows at the Tivoli.

Lots of people seem burnt out by the waiting for hours just for a chance at getting a possible seat

LeeJM wrote: »
    Yep very annoying that in the second half a tonne of ppl seemed to be in the raised stage vip area. But I will apologise because I think I spent 90% of the second half of the show standing more in shock and awe than being a dick. And also Im really small so I doubt I block too many ppls view. I expect I will be noticeable through most of the VOD though cos I was marking like crazy throughout and wearing a very bright green tee :pac:

I noticed you alright, nah, you were grand it was more the people who were not even in the seated area just climbing up into it and standing there.

All that aside, what a show, that final match, unreal. For me a guy who used to love his wrestling then drifted away from it for nearly 12 years it has awoken the lapsed fan. I managed to get a second ticket and brought along the wife (god bless her patience..) even she whilst not having ever seen a Wrestling event live before or having any interest in Wrestling had to admit it was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

I used to stand on the stage when they had the large stack of speakers on there as I was tall enough to see over them (they were at least 5ft tall) and I was out of the way of anyone else, no one else could stand there. When they removed them I usually end up on the smoking area side of the ring but never get there early enough to get a primo spot. I have no real interest in queuing for hours in advance.

As for the size of the crowd itself they definately have brought down the amount of people they let in, I think it was Scrappermania that had an insane crowd and was just way over packed. The suggestion for moving out of the Tivoli for certain shows is probably a good idea, like Wrestlecon would probably be much better elsewhere. Then again maybe there is a certain limit to the actual audience of the promotion? Like how many does the Spiegeltent hold? That's at least a larger venue but it seems there's no rush to get tickets like there is with the Tivoli.

p546.jpg

I just think OTT and Vicar Street would be a match made in heaven for the fans

p546.jpg

I just think OTT and Vicar Street would be a match made in heaven for the fans

how so? only the people who get there late and don't get seats would be happier hardly the people who should be appeased. paying €6 a pint at OTT isn't "heaven"

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I been lucky the time's I've gone to OOT without having VIP ticket, I still mange to get a seat in the VIP section when people don't show up. I'm only finish work at 8 and work most saturday's. After doing 12 hr shift the thoughts of standing and not being able to see the show due to not being the tallest, puts me off.
    I be happy if they did move to Vicar Street for a least the big shows. I'm not bother as I don't drink and think it should be the show people come to see not the drink

If its a choice between standing + 6quid cans or sitting + expensive beer Id take the latter but this is alp speculation. ICW ran the ABC in Glasgow which is similar to Vicar St but they built their following more on local homegrown talent. With OTT people seem to be more excited by the imports.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

14087602_10209212175274177_489729243_o.jpg

Doors Open 6:30pm, Belltime 7pm
    For more info go to our Facebook Page.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I see OTT will be at the Galway Comedy Festival this year

I see OTT will be at the Galway Comedy Festival this year

where did you see that, they are doing dublin fri and sat that weekend

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

where did you see that, they are doing dublin fri and sat that weekend

They are doing a show on the Sunday

https://www.vodafonecomedycarnival.com/programme.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

The irish thread on this forum is one im reallly interested in and I love when I see a new post here but it can lack a good discussion so ill try get the ball rolling.

Out of which current crop of Irish talent would you think has the possibilty of being contracted to Wwe. Do we currently have a Balor/ Seamus / Becky on the scene?

I would be of the opinion that Corvin from Kings of the North or the tag team itself would have a decent shot if givin the chance.

Obviously Luther Ward has been there, but anyone think our current crop has what it takes?

Advertisement