Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

LeeJM wrote: »
    Not too excited? Seriously?! It has Pete Dunne getting his title rematch against Luther. Mark Haskins vs Tommy End in one of Tommys last matches in Europe before hes off to Orlando. The winner of BOLA is gonna be there. Ryan Smile is gonna be there. And we have a mixed tag and a 3 on 2 tag handicap(most likely to become a 6 man) match. Thats a pretty great card if you ask me

Dude!!! BOLA spoilers!!!

no such thing as spoilers on live sporting / wrestling programmes! this isnt spoiling suicide squad.

Froget BOLA and make sure to support irish wrestling. Well done to those who do already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

no such thing as spoilers on live sporting / wrestling programmes! this isnt spoiling suicide squad.

Froget BOLA and make sure to support irish wrestling. Well done to those who do already

Of there is such thing as spoilers about live wrestling. Also BOLA isnt broadcast live, it is filmed and released on DVD at a later date.

Re supporting Irish wrestling just look back over the last 15 or so pages to see the support, OTT in particular gets from posters on here. We are all more than capable of supporting Irish and International indies.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Of there is such thing as spoilers about live wrestling. Also BOLA isnt broadcast live, it is filmed and released on DVD at a later date.

Re supporting Irish wrestling just look back over the last 15 or so pages to see the support, OTT in particular gets from posters on here. We are all more than capable of supporting Irish and International indies.

was a general comment, not directed at anyone in particular.

You cant seriously expect people not to talk about an event that has already happened because you are waiting on a dvd to arrive????

You cant seriously expect people not to talk about an event that has already happened because you are waiting on a dvd to arrive????

Eh i was the one that mentioned BOLA initially and one of the lads made a joke about spoilers which went over my head. And your first point was that there cant be spoilers for a live show and i disagreed.

BOLA and PWG in general is always gonna be discussed because the dvds take about 3 months to ship so of course spoilers are impossible to avoid. Spoilers are necessary for pretty much all other wrestling companies though

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Who do you guys think should face Pete Dunne for the title at WrestleCon?

I wouldn't mind seeing them start a feud between Jordan Devlin and Pete Dunne.

Jordan Devlin has been a lot more interesting since he turned heel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hb6g6 wrote: »

He was on the end of a brilliant "You're not Bálor" chant in Limerick on Friday. :D I missed the summer shows so it was a nice surprise to see he him coming out to heel heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Could it be Xpac or Hero?

What matches have been actually announced? Smile/Scurll and Abyss/Boyce. Surely the KOTN will have a title match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

14329333_10209442868161355_460244983_o.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing them start a feud between Jordan Devlin and Pete Dunne.

Im 95% sure Hero vs Dunne has been announced for night 1 so that will now be a title match. Also the womens title tournament is booked for next month with Martina vs Bea Priestley aka Mrs Will Ospreay and Melina vs Katey Harvey.

I think the next title feud is Dunne vs Devlin and from there Devlin vs Smile. When Smile wins the title the place will explode

Im 95% sure Hero vs Dunne has been announced for night 1 so that will now be a title match. Also the womens title tournament is booked for next month with Martina vs Bea Priestley aka Mrs Will Ospreay and Melina vs Katey Harvey.

I think the next title feud is Dunne vs Devlin and from there Devlin vs Smile. When Smile wins the title the place will explode

The biggest problem OTT has been having is their main events over the last few months have been super predictable with each month being headlined by Luther vs some outside talent who everyone knows won't win the title. Luther's chase for the title was great but once he won the championship he turned into a boring champion with no purpose.

I would just like to see a title feud that goes on for a while and allows the feud to grow and Devlin would be a fresh face in the main event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Cody Rhodes is doing a Q and A in Cork on October 11. They are using the Rhodes name too in advertising,just chancing their arm until WWE spots it or has he gotten the ok to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Tssk wrote: »
    Cody Rhodes is doing a Q and A in Cork on October 11. They are using the Rhodes name too in advertising,just chancing their arm until WWE spots it or has he gotten the ok to use it?

Generally grand to use WWE name unless it's on TV - so Cody's trying to work with lawyers/WWE to use it in TNA/ROH

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

14291852_1128264527239073_1981822625233105014_n.jpg?oh=54fdaef8daf7ec20692dca1156dba12c&oe=583E1444

Wow. I'm guessing since the Belfast show is a Sunday night he'll be at a Dublin show on the Saturday.

14291852_1128264527239073_1981822625233105014_n.jpg?oh=54fdaef8daf7ec20692dca1156dba12c&oe=583E1444

Wow. I'm guessing since the Belfast show is a Sunday night he'll be at a Dublin show on the Saturday.

Yeah they did the same thing when they announced Colt Cabana for the Limerick show before the Dublin show

Just imagine seeing Ricochet Vs Ospreay in an OTT ring

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Get your tickets NOW at Eventbrite.ie to avoid dissapointment.
    General Admission Tickets Only available at Ticketmaster.ie

Matches Announced:
    WCPW Champion Joseph Conners v Pastor William Eaver

Confessions With David The Beloved:
    Special Guest "Bruiser"

Women's 3 Way Dance:
    Raven Creed v Katey Harvey v Jinny

''The Phoenix'' Jody Fleisch v Paul Robinson

Nightmare on Washington Street Fight:
    The Establishment v Jack Jester, Danny "The Beast" Butler & Ricky Combat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Broken Matt Hardy coming to Cork on December 5th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

What's the biggest crowd that a show has done this year in Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Anyone else headed up from cork to Ott wrestlecon? Traveling up myself Friday for both days hoping get a late bus home the sat any ideas what time it should finish.looks to be a great card so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭SarahVOW

What's the biggest crowd that a show has done this year in Ireland ?

OTT at the fringe festival. It was sold out so whatever that is maybe 500?!

There were more than 400 in the Tivoli for OTT in Febuary but they reduced the max capacity afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

SarahVOW wrote: »
    OTT at the fringe festival. It was sold out so whatever that is maybe 500?!

There were more than 400 in the Tivoli for OTT in Febuary but they reduced the max capacity afterwards.

there was approx 600 at the "Ah Ted" OTT show in the tivoli, i think from then on it was max 500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭SarahVOW

showpony1 wrote: »
    there was approx 600 at the "Ah Ted" OTT show in the tivoli, i think from then on it was max 500.

That's probably more accurate.

This weekend will be at full capacity too no doubt.

What did people make of last nights Ott show? I found it amazing travelled up from cork here again tonight and cannot wait. Wont be missing any shows in future the talent some of these guys and girls have is amazing and being non pg unlike wwe it doesn't seem as child-like wy times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

What did people make of last nights Ott show? I found it amazing travelled up from cork here again tonight and cannot wait. Wont be missing any shows in future the talent some of these guys and girls have is amazing and being non pg unlike wwe it doesn't seem as child-like wy times

match quality wise there have been far better shows but a good nigh had, strange feeling it being on a friday. shouldnt of had smile lose ahead of the main match of the weekend scurll vs smile 2.

Ya I agree they should have had him win.Chris hero was brilliant i think tonight's show will be better quality hopefully.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I won't get to see any of the OTT stuff this weekend, but I was standing next to Jordan Devlin at a gig in Limerick last night! :D Was thinking of saying hi, but didn't want to be annoying him on his night off. :P

It was absolutely the right result to have Ryan lose to Hero. Ryan isnt some unstoppable monster that shouldnt be beaten. The loss means he will be all business tonight. And Scrull looking really dominant last night really sets tonight up. It really could be a special match. Hero Devlin will be a strange one which could be fantastic or might not work at all. Wonder what XPac will be doing tonight, he looked legit blown up after being in the ring for 5 mins last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Enjoyed last night's OTT show. Next months show should be fantastic. Tommy Dreamer.. Now there is a name I never expected to see live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Excellent 2 nights at the Tivoli. Ryan Smile in both MOTN.

Scurll V Smile 2 was one of the best matches OTT has put on full stop. Crowd were amazing as usual during it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nicky B

Went to all 3 OTT shows this past weekend. What a weekend, still wrecked after it.

Best matches of the weekend for me were:

Friday: Chris Hero vs Ryan Smile
    Saturday: Marty Scurll vs Ryan Smile
    Sunday: Chris Hero vs Pete Dunne

Also had a grand auld chat with Hero outside the pub where he was showing us videos of him doing the mo-cap for the WWE 13 game.

Missing the next show due to being Best Man at a wedding but won't be missing December's one. If previous show announcements are anything to go on, it's quite likely we are getting both Ospreay (based on his kickstarter page) and Ricochet (based on him being announced for Belfast) in December so that's definitely gonna be can't miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Advertisement