Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Any body heading to Honky Tonk on Saturday?

I've a free weekend and am humming n hawing about getting tickets. Could be a good night. I did and do love the guy's classic WWF stuff but I almost cringe at most of his shoots I come across online.

Of all the bitter vets (and gods know there's plenty of them) he's seems to be one of the most negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

There doing 30 per cent off tickets if you want the code pm me. Guess it not selling, found it odd choice. The honky was a mid-carder 30 plus years ago who current claim to fame these days is talking crap on shoot interviews.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Live from The Glen Rovers Hurling Club, Ballincollie Road, Cork City
    Doors Open 6:30, Belltime 7pm Sharp
    Tickets at Eventbrite.ie or Ticketmaster.ie
    For more visit the official Event Page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1739182126299357/
    [IMG][/img]glen_show.jpgimages

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Tonights OTT show should be great.
    Tommy Dreamer \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Lads, next month you're getting Osprey vs Ricochet in OTT.

Honestly, if you don't buy a ticket for this you're going to miss out massively.

• Advertisement

Yep. I missed tonight and Wrestlecon last month due to holidays but December's show is a complete ista-buy. All the imports into OTT have been five star but Osprey is just something else.

First show they've had in late December so the place will be feeling very festive and should be hopping.

Any results from tonight's show? Saw a bit on Twitter earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

First ever OTT event tonight and by god it won't be my last. So mental.. Drinking cans, chanting all night, Tommy Dreamer, awesome gimmicks and oh yeah drinking cans. Next month has Will Ospreay vs Riccochet. I honestly feel lucky to have been invited to this. This will be the start of something beautiful for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Omackeral wrote: »
    First ever OTT event tonight and by god it won't be my last. So mental.. Drinking cans, chanting all night, Tommy Dreamer, awesome gimmicks and oh yeah drinking cans. Next month has Will Ospreay vs Riccochet. I honestly feel lucky to have been invited to this. This will be the start of something beautiful for me.

First one i have missed in months tonight. Will be there for sure next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Due to unsociable working hours and not living in Dublin it's been difficult to catch some OTT in person but got VIP tickets to the December 17th show and am so very hyped.

So VIP stage and floor seats sold out in just over an hour. Bar stools are now also sold out. OTT are saying 50% of tickets are now sold so that is around 250 tickets sold on a Sunday morning. Congrats to OTT. Also proof that Tommy Dreamer in 2016 is not a draw. I believe the attendance last night was anywhere from 20-30% down on recent shows! Hopefully we get less "Attitude Era" stars and more current stars as imports in the future. Also Scrull vs Dunne for the title is gonna be insane next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Last night was the first OTT I've skipped in a long time, had zero interest in Dreamer and Joey Ryan wasn't a draw for me. I could tell it wasn't selling well when they announced the surprise of Scurrl the day before on Facebook to drum up interest.

Bought tickets for next month straight away this morning though, I was going to be there anyway for Ricochet. Did they announce itnwas going to be Scurrl vs Dunne for the title in Dublin or Belfast?

Its in Dublin. Line up for the 17th so far is ;
    Pete Dunne vs Marty Scrull NLW Title match
    Ricochet vs Will Ospreay
    The GymNasties vs Kings of the North Tag Title Match

Nice one. Looking food. Down to 120 tickets according to the OTT page about 20 mins ago. This is definitely going to sell out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

And Scurll vs Ricochet in Belfast on the 18th if any of you live up that way. I got my Dublin tickets this morning.

Fantastic coup that they've announced THAT match. It's even receiving a bit of buzz from guys in the UK and all involved in their scene

I don't know where I really stand on the foreign talent. I get great great novelty out of former WWE/NXT/Legends cropping up. They are always booked very well.

The British guys always put on a super performances,most of the time stealing the show, but they can suffer from being over hyped. I was stunned just how underwhelmed I was by ZSJ when he fought Dunne a few months back.

I knew when announced that match between Joey Ryan and Martina was going to be greasy and by god it lived up to it :)

Fantastic night, had a good chat with Tommy Dreamer near the bar area. I am very much a lapsed fan finding love with the OTT shows and re watching old matches these days. I just dont get the new stuff.. I used to get tapes of old ECW shows as a younger man in the 90's living back west was fantastic. To meet Tommy Dreamer for me was fantastic. Absolute sound man!

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Fantastic coup that they've announced THAT match. It's even receiving a bit of buzz from guys in the UK and all involved in their scene

I don't know where I really stand on the foreign talent. I get great great novelty out of former WWE/NXT/Legends cropping up. They are always booked very well.

The British guys always put on a super performances,most of the time stealing the show, but they can suffer from being over hyped. I was stunned just how underwhelmed I was by ZSJ when he fought Dunne a few months back.
    I suppose its different strokes etc. but for me Id rather see a ZSJ, Will Ospreay, Ricochet or Chris Hero booked than a Tommy Dreamer, Abyss, Sabu, Too Cool etc. Id even rather have a show without imports like Dreamer if we got more UK guys. Tyler Bate has been fantastic in OTT. Travis Banks always delivers when he is over. There is tonnes of talent in the UK that OTT could use regularly. Just off the top of my head we could have ; Trent Seven, Kay Lee Ray, El Ligero, Dave Mastiff, Pastor William Eaver, Jimmy Havoc, Mark Andrews, Zack Gibson. And like I said thats just off the top of my head! All would produce a superior in ring product with half of the cost and last night is proof that imports like Dreamer dont appeal to casual fans. OTT has a solid 300-400 Dublin fanbase anything after is made up of people that are attracted by the people on the show. My point would be wrestling fans in Ireland are mostly gonna be familiar enough with UK wrestling to know that a show with Mastiff, Havoc and Andrews is gonna be better than a show with Dreamer and Joey Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Scurll made a challenge to Dunne last night for the title which he accepted but they didn't say it'll be on the December show yet as people are saying above

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

showpony1 wrote: »
    Scurll made a challenge to Dunne last night for the title which he accepted but they didn't say it'll be on the December show yet as people are saying above

The camera dude was saying it wasn't confirmed on twitter. So maybe it has to be confirmed. I'd say Pete is off soon unfortunately, he's already lost a Loser Leaves Town match in both Kamikaze and Attack! Pro.

Snakeblood wrote: »
    The camera dude was saying it wasn't confirmed on twitter. So maybe it has to be confirmed. I'd say Pete is off soon unfortunately, he's already lost a Loser Leaves Town match in both Kamikaze and Attack! Pro.

Dunne did however win the Progress world title last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

ShagNastii wrote: »

Any results from tonight's show? Saw a bit on Twitter earlier.

Don't know if anyone gave you the card
    Jordan Devlin beat Kenny Williams

Lads from de flats (Paddy M & Workie) beat The Young Lions

Jordan Devlin & Paul Tracey beat Danny the beast Butler & Tommy Dreamer (became a tag team street fight)

Martina beat Joey Ryan via submission

Kings of the North beat Angel Cruz & Tyler Bate

Pete Dunne retained against Marty Scurll and Fabian Aichner

35 tickets left for OTT on Eventbrite and 20 in Wrestling Mania (how is that place still going). Get them now before its too late.

Sold out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

have to agree after 12 months of attending OTT shows, it's the UK talent that steal the show almost every time. There was noticeably less people at the Dreamer show, goe's to show old/former wwe/ecw guys just don't draw like the younger UK talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

After missing osprey the first time due to my girlfriend falling ill, and the time in august due to my mate being way to drunk, I delighted to say I will get to see him in Decemeber! Two tickets bought, with my girlfriend a maybe to come with! I am definately not missing himyou this time

I think its gonna be a special show. The thoughts of being ringside Ricochet vs Ospreay and potentially Marty vs Pete has me giddy as feck. Also i think they are gonna have another big big indie name for the February show

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Live Sat Dec 17th at The Kino, Cork City, Over 18's Only (BYOB-No Glass)
    TICKETS AVAILABLE AT EVENTBRITE.IE OR TICKETMASTER.IE

LeeJM wrote: »
    I think its gonna be a special show. The thoughts of being ringside Ricochet vs Ospreay and potentially Marty vs Pete has me giddy as feck. Also i think they are gonna have another big big indie name for the February show

Who?

So who is gonna be at the OTT show on Saturday? Its gonna be a great show. Ospreay vs Ricochet, Gymnasties vs KOTN foor the tag titles, Jordan Devlin & Sean Guinness vs Fabian Aichner & Dave Mastiff are announced. Hornswoggle is gonna be there too. Would like to see The Wards come out and do something to get themselves back into a storyline. Hoping Tyler Bate is on the show too as he is always a highlight.

• Advertisement

LeeJM wrote: »
    So who is gonna be at the OTT show on Saturday? Its gonna be a great show. Ospreay vs Ricochet, Gymnasties vs KOTN foor the tag titles, Jordan Devlin & Sean Guinness vs Fabian Aichner & Dave Mastiff are announced. Hornswoggle is gonna be there too. Would like to see The Wards come out and do something to get themselves back into a storyline. Hoping Tyler Bate is on the show too as he is always a highlight.

who in their right mind would want to see that.

Dunne and Scurll both yet to be booked, i doubt it'll be the title match between them on the undercard though. probably hold off on that for another month.

Advertisement