Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

showpony1 wrote: »
    LeeJM wrote: »
    So who is gonna be at the OTT show on Saturday? Its gonna be a great show. Ospreay vs Ricochet, Gymnasties vs KOTN foor the tag titles, Jordan Devlin & Sean Guinness vs Fabian Aichner & Dave Mastiff are announced. Hornswoggle is gonna be there too. Would like to see The Wards come out and do something to get themselves back into a storyline. Hoping Tyler Bate is on the show too as he is always a highlight.

who in their right mind would want to see that.

Dunne and Scurll both yet to be booked, i doubt it'll be the title match between them on the undercard though. probably hold off on that for another month.
    Ah Luther is actually a good worker. Will miss Ryan Smile this month. Yea Pete is working for his own promotion Attack this weekend and Marty is in PWG so its defo not gonna happen. Maybe build it for the Feb or March show, Although I do think Jordan Devlin needs to be to get the title from Pete and then build Ryan Smile as his first challenger,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Geading up to it myself, what time does it usually finish, have to catch the 11.30 bus back on the quay!

Either thator or drive, does the Tivoli have parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If there's any spare tickets for sale could someone PM me? Got let down with a contact.

Sirsok wrote: »
    Geading up to it myself, what time does it usually finish, have to catch the 11.30 bus back on the quay!

Either thator or drive, does the Tivoli have parking?
    There is normally a few spaces directly outside the Tivoli. But in saying that the show is normally done before 11 so you will have plenty of time to get to the quays.

@Omack get in contact with OTT on facebook or Twitter and see if they have had any people return tiks or had people looking to help them sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

The night club starts at 11. In other news https://twitter.com/FloSlam/status/809071093034156032

• Advertisement

That is HUGE news. I am delighted for OTT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Limited Tickets still available at Eventbrite.ie or Ticketmaster.ie. Only 10 VIP Ringside left. For more info visit our Facebook Page

Xmas_Riot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

FINN BALOR AT OTT AND HERES ME DYING IN BED WITH THE FLU AFTER GIVING MY TICKETS AWAY!!!!!**** **** ****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Finn Bálor showing up tonight was ****ing unreal, I've never heard a pop in person like that before. Also, Osprey vs Ricochet; Holy ****ing **** what a match!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Gutted I missed tonight. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

best moment ever at a wrestling show, what a surprise. Probably the most memorable night of wrestling ive ever seen in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Honestly up until last night I'd never been to an OTT show, circumstances simply weren't in my favour. I'm a fan of Ospreay and Ricochet so I went along. I'd seen Ospreay live the one timd in Reading for Rev Pro vs Okada and was totally blown away with him but last nights main event was the best match I've ever seen live and one of the best I've seen this year.

But even leaving aside the main event (tough thing to do, it's all I can think about) I loved the entire show. I loved the characters, I loved the use of videos (and they were genuinely good) to establish these guys, I loved the ring work, I loved the atmosphere and that intangible feeling that you were part of something special last night. For Irish wrestling it is a special weekend and last night was a homerun.

And now I'm hyped for that February card, sign me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Are all the OTT shows professionally filmed like that one? Or was it just because Balor was there?

Could make the difference in signing up to Floslam or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Are all the OTT shows professionally filmed like that one? Or was it just because Balor was there?

Could make the difference in signing up to Floslam or not.

They film every show, they're all available on demand online! Definitely a few shows worth going back and watching if you've not seen much.

I've been going to OTT since the beginning and yet to see a bad show, always a great night no matter who is on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Anyone know what Ryan Smile wasn't at OTT on Saturday.

Anyone have the results to the Belfast show

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Hb6g6 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that Ryan Smile is injured

bkrangle wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that Ryan Smile is injured

I think he wanted to take the rest of the year off but he ended up working for Attack in England last weekend. No big deal really as he is he now moving into a new direction in OTT so he can start fresh in Feb.

And floor tickets for the February show with Matt Riddle have sold out in just 9 minutes! This goes back to my earlier arguement of who is and isnt a draw to the OTT audience. Fully expect the Floslam deal to be extended too as Matt Riddle is like Mr Floslam and appears on just about all of their affiliated promotions.

Roll on 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I miss the Dec & Feb show seat tickets. I don't think it really matter now who they get the seat tickets are going sell out straight away as there really not that many of them and product is very hot now. I've just given up getting them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

They sell out the seated areas so quickly now. You'd wonder is there any intention to venture beyond the Tivoli next year.

They are only going to grow and grow next year. Vicar St? Academy? National Stadium?

At the minute it's all killer no filler. Love the hype that's coming from the promotion. When you think of the first few shows to where it is now? So many of the Irish guys have developed their gimmicks.

I follow at good gang of them on twitter and much of the home grown talent are being touted to cause a stir around promotions in the U.K & Europe for 2017.

Corvin is the perfect example. On the first few shows was doing the vampire thing and now look at the KOTN. A five star tag team that can hold their own with anybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I got VIP seat tickets, I figured they sell quick so was ready to go at 10am. Excited about the show despite the fact that not a single match has been announced yet!

OTT generally dont announce matches before tickets go on sale. Matches Id be hoping for would be Pete Dunne vs Eddie Kingston, Matt Riddle vs Jordan Devlin and Ryan Smile vs Mark Andrews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I haven't been since Wrestlecon due to other engagements but I'll hopefully chalk down a few OTTs next year. Buzzing to see Riddle make an appearence.

They've had most of the big indie names so far. What famous talent do yiz think we will see in an OTT ring for 2017?

Riddle would have been my first shout. I can imagine Bubba Ray cropping up by year end. The Young Bucks could show. Would Angle be a bit pipe dreamish?

I think he wanted to take the rest of the year off but he ended up working for Attack in England last weekend. No big deal really as he is he now moving into a new direction in OTT so he can start fresh in Feb.

Anyone know what this was about?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I haven't been since Wrestlecon due to other engagements but I'll hopefully chalk down a few OTTs next year. Buzzing to see Riddle make an appearence.

They've had most of the big indie names so far. What famous talent do yiz think we will see in an OTT ring for 2017?

Riddle would have been my first shout. I can imagine Bubba Ray cropping up by year end. The Young Bucks could show. Would Angle be a bit pipe dreamish?

Ospreay will definitely be back. Riddle will I think appear at least one more time other than February. Jeff Cobb is likely. Pentagon would be another that I hope is likely. Trent Seven to tag with Tyler Bate is another I want. Jimmy Havoc is another UK guy that I wanna see. Bubba/Bully Ray probably isnt worth it if he is charging big money as they can sell out without him. Same goes for Angle and personally Angle is not somebody I  wanna see them bring in. The Young Bucks would be brilliant. Also Shane Strickland is another name to look out for, 

Anyone know what this was about?

Just something I heard so dunno how true it is but apparently he was due to be in the match vs Charlie Sterling and couldnt make the show. Thats why Justy pulled double duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Anyone have the results to the Belfast show
    Tucker beat Luther Valentine

The Wards (Pa and Rocky Mac) beat Be Cool and Kenny Williams (Sammy D was "injured" not sure if it's storyline or not from Sat)

Joe Coffey beat Fabian Aichner

Swoggle and the lads from de flats (Paddy M & Workie) beat the Body Bros (Adam Maxted, Brian Abs and CT Flexer (Carl Curl)

Kings of the North (Duncan, Bonesaw and Corvin) retained against the Social Elite (Devlin, Tracey and Charlie Sterling)

Katey Harvey eliminated Kay Lee Ray and Martina to become the new OTT Womens Champion

Marty Scurll beat Ricochet.

Also for those not at the Tiv show
    Justin Shape defeated Charlie Sterling

Paul Tracey defeated the Fabulous Nicky

The Big Hangovers (Sean Maxer & Jordan Devlin) defeated Dave Mastiff & Fabian Aichner

The Lads from de Flats (Paddy M & Workie) & Swoggle defeated Angel Cruz and his security Prick

Kings of the North defeated the Gymnasties to become the new OTT Tag Team Champions (Justy cost the nasties the match)

Ricochet defeated Will Opsreay in the best match to take place on Irish Soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

thats a disaster tbh,
    probably also means the end of the cheap cans if they go to some of the venues being mentioned as replacing.

showpony1 wrote: »
    thats a disaster tbh,
    probably also means the end of the cheap cans if they go to some of the venues being mentioned as replacing.

Where do you think would be a good replacement venue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Where do you think would be a good replacement venue?

i dont see any as being ideal haha! i love tivoli as a venue for it.

the talk ive seen has been the academy, vicar street, national stadium (too big). i assume they cant run it out of wherever MSW is on plus needs to be a city centre venue really.

the main nightmare for me (apart from cans) would be a venue
    with any sort of assigned seating as my friends always book separately
    and manage to get spots together up the front queuing early etc.

Advertisement