Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I would imagine all those places mentioned would cost far too much to run on a monthly basis. And the main thing about the Tivoli is the atmosphere. Wherever OTT go to next needs to have that dark grungy interior while also not being massive. 750-800 capacity is probably the ideal size of their next venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

LeeJM wrote: »
    I would imagine all those places mentioned would cost far too much to run on a monthly basis. And the main thing about the Tivoli is the atmosphere. Wherever OTT go to next needs to have that dark grungy interior while also not being massive. 750-800 capacity is probably the ideal size of their next venue.

The SFX would be a nice venue if it wasnt so run down.

Yea true but it is a proper shíthole. And its too far outside the city centre Id say and its not exactly a nice area surrounding it. My best guess is maybe sticking with a theater style venue or maybe an old unused night club somewhere in the city?

Yea true but it is a proper shíthole. And its too far outside the city centre Id say and its not exactly a nice area surrounding it. My best guess is maybe sticking with a theater style venue or maybe an old unused night club somewhere in the city?

Slimpickings though to find somewhere that ticks all the boxes Im afraid.

Yep and I think wherever they do go is gonna feel different and weird to the Tivoli and will take time to feel like 'home'

• Advertisement

Cant remember how to embed a tweet. Basically OTT tweeted saying Tivol have confirmed its business as usual for 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think St Andrews Lane has been mentioned. The first over 18s show was run there a few years back(it ended with a spot of controversy).

I wasn't present at the show but have been in the club before. I'd imagine capacity and set-up wasn't unlike the Tivoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

beakerjoe wrote: »

SFX is gonezo too. Used to be IwW's home for big shows but got made into a car park around 2006.

leggo wrote: »
    beakerjoe wrote: »

SFX is gonezo too. Used to be IwW's home for big shows but got made into a car park around 2006.
    Wow I never knew that. Last time I was there was the show with I think Raven on it. Was either the day of or the day after Eddie Guerreros death cos I remember them doing the 10 bell salute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

great news on the tivoli if its staying - the home of irish wrestling

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »

Had no idea either..... its been a while since I drove past there, just assumed it was still there in need of a new coat of paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    Where do you think would be a good replacement venue?

How would they do at the National Stadium? TNA used to run there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Stadium_(Ireland)

Omackeral wrote: »
    How would they do at the National Stadium? TNA used to run there.

It may be too big (maybe not) but it would be more restrictive too and cost more.

How about the Woolshed? they could probably put the ring on the floor in front of the screens there.

showpony1 wrote: »
    How about the Woolshed? they could probably put the ring on the floor in front of the screens there.

Its defo not big enough. Great venue but seriously would struggle to fit a good sized ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Cant remember how to embed a tweet. Basically OTT tweeted saying Tivol have confirmed its business as usual for 2017

OTT in the Tivoli will be business as usual for 2017 but with the owners wanting to knock it down for a hotel I think OTT's future may line else where.

The Woolshed is defo too small and the National Stadium would probably be too big. The Tivoli is a great spot the only disadvantage is there isn't enough seating but I am starting to think OTT is out growing the Tivoli.

OTT in the Tivoli will be business as usual for 2017 but with the owners wanting to knock it down for a hotel I think OTT's future may line else where.
    I know. I was basically just saying its a problem for down the line and thankfully they should have all of 2017 to plan and scout out a new venue should the Tivoli get knocked. Anyway should OTT continue to grow (Im not sure it will) its bound to need a bigger venue eventually.

The Woolshed is defo too small and the National Stadium would probably be too big. The Tivoli is a great spot the only disadvantage is there isn't enough seating but I am starting to think OTT is out growing the Tivoli.

its not - 500-600 is perfect size for it at the moment.
    you're not going to get 1000s showing up each month.
    keep the demand high and not half empty arenas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I know you're probably asking this because you think it'll get a salty response from me (it won't, I'm very complimentary about OTT these days, they're killing it!) but it wouldn't work. You can fit that amount but not with all of them seeing the ring, if you put the ring on the stage (the only place it'd be even nearly possible) only about 200 could get a decent view, it'd be a H&S nightmare, you couldn't do dives or anything, plus we already looked into getting a ring in there when we first started there and it's not a goer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Woolshed would 100% not work. Too many corners, no true central area for the ring and the divide of upstairs/downstairs would be crap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I missed the ICW show in the academy earlier this year. I know it wasn't a sell out but anyone now was it a decent set up for wrasslin.

I'm guessing it must have been very like the Tivoli with the addition of an upstairs?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I missed the ICW show in the academy earlier this year. I know it wasn't a sell out but anyone now was it a decent set up for wrasslin.

I'm guessing it must have been very like the Tivoli with the addition of an upstairs?

I wasn't at it either but I heard it was all standing

its not - 500-600 is perfect size for it at the moment.
    you're not going to get 1000s showing up each month.
    keep the demand high and not half empty arenas.

I feel their starting to out grow the Tivoli because of the Tivoli's 500 attendance limit. I feel there is a greater demand for OTT which the Tivoli cannot meet due to the limited capacity. Like with OTT's December show lots of people were turned away because the show sold out so fast.

I feel their starting to out grow the Tivoli because of the Tivoli's 500 attendance limit. I feel there is a greater demand for OTT which the Tivoli cannot meet due to the limited capacity. Like with OTT's December show lots of people were turned away because the show sold out so fast.

only second time that has happened that you couldn't get a ticket on the day and we know why that was the main event (previous sell out had Zach Sabre Junior etc on it), and you're saying they should move to a larger arena when previous month it wasn't even sold out at 500 capacity?

the next one still has approx 100 tickets left now even, it may sell out eventually but not to the point id be uprooting from a venue that clearly works?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

only second time that has happened that you couldn't get a ticket on the day and we know why that was the main event (previous sell out had Zach Sabre Junior etc on it), and you're saying they should move to a larger arena when previous month it wasn't even sold out at 500 capacity?

the next one still has approx 100 tickets left now even, it may sell out eventually but not to the point id be uprooting from a venue that clearly works?

i dont see why people are constantly pushing for them to move to a bigger place, its better surely for us fans to be closer to the action. they'd stay in tivoli forever if was up to me!

The show they ran in Belfast was quite good in-ring but the difference in atmosphere abd how that impacts the overall product is huge. It only served to make everyone appreciate just how important the Tivoli is to OTT.

The show they ran in Belfast was quite good in-ring but the difference in atmosphere abd how that impacts the overall product is huge. It only served to make everyone appreciate just how important the Tivoli is to OTT.

yeah i know it'd stay in tivoli forever if up to me,
    i don't see why people constantly mention moving to bigger venues here! once that happens its a completely different experience.

IMO a lot of this noise is from people who buy general admission and show up late and are standing down the back and say there needs to be more seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

yeah i know it'd stay in tivoli forever if up to me,
    i don't see why people constantly mention moving to bigger venues here! once that happens its a completely different experience.

IMO a lot of this noise is from people who buy general admission and show up late and are standing down the back and say there needs to be more seating.

To be fair if someone is paying almost 20 euro for a ticket it is reasonable to expect that they will be able to have a clear view of the action without having to queue really early.

I give up on embedding tweets :angry:  Anyway OTT just announced Jordan Devlin vs Speedball Mike Bailey for the next show!!

https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/817353116542795776

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I give up on embedding tweets :angry:  Anyway OTT just announced Jordan Devlin vs Speedball Mike Bailey for the next show!!

https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/817353116542795776

Saw that, I'm even more excited for the February show than before, something I thought not possible! The two matches announced thus far should be excellent.

Advertisement