Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Saw that, I'm even more excited for the February show than before, something I thought not possible! The two matches announced thus far should be excellent.

Still got Eddie Kingston, Mark Andrews and Tyler Bate as well as all the regulars to announce matches for. Its gonna be some show! Riddle vs Dunne is gonna be all kinds of amazing.

And I also think there is a very real possibility that Riddle will win the title

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

LeeJM wrote: »
    Still got Eddie Kingston, Mark Andrews and Tyler Bate as well as all the regulars to announce matches for. Its gonna be some show! Riddle vs Dunne is gonna be all kinds of amazing.

And I also think there is a very real possibility that Riddle will win the title

Am I the only one who thinks Jordon Devlin should be the guy to take the title from Pete Dunne, would love a long feud between those 2, would be magic.

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks Jordon Devlin should be the guy to take the title from Pete Dunne, would love a long feud between those 2, would be magic.

Oh in an ideal world I definitely see Devlin as the one to beat Pete and let them have a long epic feud. Unfortunately I dont see Pete hanging around OTT (or Progress) for very much longer. Its just my own theory but I definitely think there is a good chance Riddle wins and then maybe he drops it to Jordon or Ryan Smile later in the year. Also a real possibility that Jordon may end up being tied into the WWE UK show so his OTT days may be numbered also.

All just speculation on my part though.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Oh in an ideal world I definitely see Devlin as the one to beat Pete and let them have a long epic feud. Unfortunately I dont see Pete hanging around OTT (or Progress) for very much longer. Its just my own theory but I definitely think there is a good chance Riddle wins and then maybe he drops it to Jordon or Ryan Smile later in the year. Also a real possibility that Jordon may end up being tied into the WWE UK show so his OTT days may be numbered also.

All just speculation on my part though.

I'm happy that the OTT guys are getting good exposure but I really hope they don't just raid OTT just to sign the guys and then not use them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'm happy that the OTT guys are getting good exposure but I really hope they don't just raid OTT just to sign the guys and then not use them

Unfortunately this is the most realistic outcome I foresee, I hope Im wrong

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

beakerjoe wrote: »

I thought WWE were giving them a retainer, a scholarship deal so to speak. Basically here is a wedge of cash, keep working and learning and you might get a US deal some day but no wrestling with some companies.

A weekly WWE UK show would several hurt the UK and Ireland Indy scene if those guys are signed to WWE contracts and don't have free choice of their bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

DM_7 wrote: »
    I thought WWE were giving them a retainer, a scholarship deal so to speak. Basically here is a wedge of cash, keep working and learning and you might get a US deal some day but no wrestling with some companies.

yea i think your right its bascally dont sign for ROH,NJPW.

I think its more if the wwe uk weekly show they can sign them up.

as long as its with a wwe friendly company like progress,evovle and i think OTT are there too with finn appearing on the last show.

Its very much an unknown situation right now. They are apparently allowed to work in WWE friendly companies but if the UK Championship does become a weekly thing then I can see that coming to an end. Its unfortunate but at the end of the day these guys all dream of working for WWE at MSG not packing out the Tivoli so cant blame em for signing those contracts.

Should also mention that if the UK Championship doesnt turn to a weekly show its possible that some Euro Indies may become Network shows. We all know WWE have talked about indies being on the Network. And from a visual perspective Progress and OTT are 2 of the best indies in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I think St Andrews Lane has been mentioned. The first over 18s show was run there a few years back(it ended with a spot of controversy).

I wasn't present at the show but have been in the club before. I'd imagine capacity and set-up wasn't unlike the Tivoli.

such as?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

The show they ran in Belfast was quite good in-ring but the difference in atmosphere abd how that impacts the overall product is huge. It only served to make everyone appreciate just how important the Tivoli is to OTT.

agree the show was good but they need somewhere with tiered seating etc, was hard to see the ring at times.

the next show in Belfast has been changed to the mandela hall which may be better but still not ideal imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

montyrebel wrote: »
    such as?

Was discussed here at the time in this exact thread- 24-06-2013.

All a bit storm in a tea cup but still.

Random OTT question who should the Kings of the North feud with now that there the Tag Champions

Random OTT question who should the Kings of the North feud with now that there the Tag Champions

Social Elite, The Wards and pretty much any team that can be brought in. Due to the WWE and WOS contracts being dished out its hard to know who is gonna be available on the UK indies this year that could become semi regular. Travis Banks who is a semi regular already is in an awesome team with TK Cooper called the South Pacific Power Trip in Progress. They could have some awesome matches with KOTN

Had a feeling Jordan Devlin was going to do good in the UK championship tournament. Due to his clear link to Devitt and being the only ROI guy in the tourney.

After seeing the draw I'd be even surer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Had a feeling Jordan Devlin was going to do good in the UK championship tournament. Due to his clear link to Devitt and being the only ROI guy in the tourney.

After seeing the draw I'd be even surer.

I thought that about Ibushi in the CWC....How wrong i was!:cool:

My guess is a Tyler Bate/ Jordan v Trent seven semi, along with a Mandrews v Pete Dunne semi. After that I dunno. Forgot it was this Sunday, lovely jubbly

I thought that about Ibushi in the CWC....How wrong i was!:cool:

My guess is a Tyler Bate/ Jordan v Trent seven semi, along with a Mandrews v Pete Dunne semi. After that I dunno. Forgot it was this Sunday, lovely jubbly

Saturday and Sunday Joe. Its a 2 day tournament

Was only saying to my mate yesterday that there's a good chance the newly crowned U.K. Champ could be on the Feb OTT card.

If it's Devlin the place will go bananas. But even if it's Matthews, Dunne or Bate they'll be a massive pop. Especially Dunne or Bate who IMO are complete OTT guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

If Dunne shows up as UK Champion OTT will do a screw job to get the belt onto Luther Ward.

showpony1 wrote: »
    If Dunne shows up as UK Champion OTT will do a screw job to get the belt onto Luther Ward.

Think it will be a long time until we see Luther anywhere near the belt. Devlin, Smile, Bate & Tracey would all be ahead of Luther in the pecking order right now. And I said it recently I actually think Riddle wins the title next month and then drops it in April or May.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

CCW Pro Wrestling Training is now located at No 4 Penrose Quay, Cork City.
    New schedule Tuesday Advanced Class 7-9pm, Thursday 7-9 Beginners, Saturday 3-7pm Advanced & Intermediate. Our academy is in the heart of Cork City so very accessible.
    Accepting New Trainee's this month.
    For full details message the official Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/ccwproacademy/

Why don't OTT change the name of the NLW title to the OTT World title?

I wonder will there be photo ops with Tyler and the strap in Feb at OTT

Sat January 28th at the Athlone Springs Hotel in aid of The Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland - All the proceeds go to this very worthy cause, Event Page:https://www.facebook.com/events/1790710804528449/
    Sat the 11th of Feb at The Kino, Cork City. CCW's Over 18's brand RIOT returns for Ladder Wars Episode 2. Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1712478565733096/
    Athlone_Charity_Show_Poster.jpgLadder_Wars_Poster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Will the Athlone show be over 18? or more of a family show?

Will the Athlone show be over 18? or more of a family show?

It is an All Ages Show. The show is suitable for all ages but the in ring action will be no different from an over 18s with the exception of adult content eg bad language etc

Here is the Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1790710804528449/

Tickets can be purchased at Athlone Petworld, The Athlone Springs Hotel or by calling (086) 779 9884. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

OTT announce the March 4 "The road to Scapper-Mania". Jeff Cobb, Jigsaw & Ryan Smile. It's odd as they don't announce the next till the current show is over, tickets on sale Feb 2.

OTT announce the March 4 "The road to Scapper-Mania". Jeff Cobb, Jigsaw & Ryan Smile. It's odd as they don't announce the next till the current show is over, tickets on sale Feb 2.

Yeah I did notice that myself. I wonder are they working us or something?

They are touting the Belfast show to the hilt and haven't said much about the Dublin show. They casually mention there'll be big surprises. Don't want to over hype it for myself but I think Saturdays show will be amazing.

Yeah I did notice that myself. I wonder are they working us or something?

Most ridiculous statement on this forum?
    OTT are "Working us" by putting tickets for their show on sale a few days earlier than usual....brother.

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    Most ridiculous statement on this forum?
    OTT are "Working us" by putting tickets for their show on sale a few days earlier than usual....brother.

The "working us" statement was not a commentary about earlier ticket sales.

My comment was in relation to them possibly hiding a big name for their March show. (I.e Here's the poster for March. Truth be told nothing to get too overly excited about--- then reveal a big marquee name on Saturday night's to everyone's surprise).

The original poster did state it seems weird that they've gone against form from every other show and announced future show before the present event.

I could be just getting ahead of myself but I beg your pardon for coming out with such a completely ludicrous post.

Advertisement