Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

OTT forgets what has made them so popular and has entered the realm of John Cena fans and Rey mysterio masks.

I get it from a business perceptive their scared the event wont sell more than the usual crowd without the kids there but its gonna kill the atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    OTT forgets what has made them so popular and has entered the realm of John Cena fans and Rey mysterio masks.

Jesus you're sh*tting on them for trying to expand a bit? Give it a chance before you crap all over it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Hb6g6 wrote: »

I get it from a business perceptive their scared the event wont sell more than the usual crowd without the kids there but its gonna kill the atmosphere

Talk about an over reaction! They have booked the fn Bullet Club and Ricochet and Ospreay and are in a new bigger venue but f*ck lets call them out for possibly not having cans. Seriously?!

The atmosphere was flat on Saturday until the great MAndrews v Haskins match, can that be blamed on under 18s being there?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

there's gonna be a bar at the venue with beer.

Didn't know the venue had a bar, certainly wasn't when TNA was there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

LeeJM wrote: »
    Talk about an over reaction! They have booked the fn Bullet Club and Ricochet and Ospreay and are in a new bigger venue but f*ck lets call them out for possibly not having cans. Seriously?!

The atmosphere was flat on Saturday until the great MAndrews v Haskins match, can that be blamed on under 18s being there?

The atmosphere at the Tivolli has always been amazing. What makes OTT is not just the great wrestling but the over 18's atmosphere, drinks, chaos and fun.

Wrestling and 'all ages shows' often brings up images of WWE house show audiences or bingo hall/GAA hall shows. OTT is the very opposite of this and that's what make's OTT shine.

The April show will be fantastic with such a stacked card, best card that's probably ever happened in Ireland. There will be beer/bar at this show so all is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

LeeJM wrote: »

I didnt mention anything about cans and could care less if they were there or not, btw i love the move to a new arena and the card is stacked, I just think allowing all ages in instead of having a +15 or +16 show will hurt the atmosphere. Be honest we all love going to OTT because its not like going to a WWE show.

Plus the show on Saturday was rocking the MAndrews v Haskins was only the 3rd match the show was only starting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Do people realise when mentioning cans this is purely a tivoli thing, it's not OTT that decides if the bar sells cheap cans. Worth considering for the people always clamouring for change of venues, it will mean full price pints.

Happy with this for the one off supershow & obviously going, but its hassle with the assigned seating as my friends usually book all separately and someone will hold the seats and wouldn't be too happy with a child with a non-fan old lad beside me for it so glad if they stick to tivoli other than this.

Gonzo wrote: »
    The atmosphere at the Tivolli has always been amazing. What makes OTT is not just the great wrestling but the over 18's atmosphere, drinks, chaos and fun.

Wrestling and 'all ages shows' often brings up images of WWE house show audiences or bingo hall/GAA hall shows. OTT is the very opposite of this and that's what make's OTT shine.

The April show will be fantastic with such a stacked card, best card that's probably ever happened in Ireland. There will be beer/bar at this show so all is good.

I know all about the atmosphere, Im there every month. The Tivoli will be very difficult to replace when its gone.

OTT is not all about the over 18s thing anymore. Its now known for its great wrestling. Yes it has some colorful chants but so does every wrestling show! Look at Progress which is also an over 18s product, Jim Smallman has made a point of picking out 13/14 year olds sitting front row on the last few shows and it hasnt done them any harm.

People who are familiar with the wrestlers OTT books will react the way OTT crowds always react. Matt Riddle got a very mixed reaction when he was announced in Dec but last Saturday the Tivoli was rocking with Bro chants. The removal of the strict over 18s limit isnt gonna ruin the promotion like was said above. They arent selling out either as was also said

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

16472903_1269061676492690_779553089628568566_n.jpg?oh=a12bf5906070b0723bca57dd55f8f11e&oe=590C9A4C

OTT main event for April. They released more ticket details too : https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/over-the-top-wrestling-presents-scrappermania-3-bullet-club-tickets-31714370536

First three rows are €55, €50 & €45. Floor seats are assigned and are €25, Stalls are general admission on the night and are €15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Unreal

• Advertisement

We are living through a golden age for Irish wrestling fans

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

How accurate would the times be, would the shows run longer than 10pm or 10.30pm for the Road to ScapperMania show? Gotta time the buses back to Limerick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It is easter Saturday, will that make it difficult to get the bus at all for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

DM_7 wrote: »
    It is easter Saturday, will that make it difficult to get the bus at all for you?

B*llox, didnt think about that. Gonna have to check Dublin coach to see what the story is.

Could drive too but the bus being 20 quid return leaves more money for a better seat and a few drinks.

B*llox, didnt think about that. Gonna have to check Dublin coach to see what the story is.

Could drive too but the bus being 20 quid return leaves more money for a better seat and a few drinks.

Last Dublin Coach back to Limerick goes at 11:45 from Burgh Quay, shouldn't be any problem making that. JJ Kavanagh goes from Georges Quay (about a block further down from the Dublin Coach stop) at 12:30 as well if it's too tight. Takes a little longer as it stops more places though. Shouldn't be a problem with it being Easter Saturday, they only tend to change schedules on times the entire country shuts down like Christmas Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I know nobody will probably know but, how llong do shows in the Tivoli go on for and how long do ye reckon this'll last?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Irish wrestling certainly has come a long way since IWW forgot to bring a ring to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gimmick wrote: »
    Irish wrestling certainly has come a long way since IWW forgot to bring a ring to Cork.

No way?!?! What did they do? I saw a video of an indy show on just gym mats before, think Nikolai Volkoff was in it. Presumably same set up. Looked so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

gimmick wrote: »

I laughed but come on that's way harsh and could happen to anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

leggo wrote: »
    I laughed but come on that's way harsh and could happen to anyone!

It was a funny night. The utter disdain the guest wrestlers had for the situation. Raven was particularly prickish, but to be fair he defended the situation to some angry parents.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    No way?!?! What did they do? I saw a video of an indy show on just gym mats before, think Nikolai Volkoff was in it. Presumably same set up. Looked so sad.

There was a show in Cork in 2008. The van broke down on the road to Cork and didnt arrive until about 9.30pm. Bell time was due to be 6.30pm. They had Daiviri, Nigel McGuiness, Balls Mahoney and Raven as guests on the night. They mingled with fans, (even if Raven was the moodiest wrestler I have ever met) and Nigel McGuiness, the then ROH World Champion, was doing card tricks for some kids. Daiviri for his part was just delighted to go to the shop and buy a load of mars bars and snickers. Balls Mahoney held court in the corner telling road stories from ECW and how much he despised Axl Rotten. I think Balls even went for some pints later on with some stragglers.

TBH, it was probably a better experience than had the ring actually been there.

Also, if memory serves Brian Danielson was due to be on the card but was cancelled for some reason in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Was at that show too. Had chicken balls in the Chinese down the road with Balls Mahoney after :pac:

I actually have footage of it and angry parents freaking at the owner and Raven. In Tokyo for the foreseeable but will root it out once back in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Tickets on sale in an hour, from looking at other events at the venue seating seems to be all raised so I assume that will be the case with the floor seating at this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

2nd row! That went very nicely.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Bought my ticket for the show there.

Got Row D in Block A which is front row for that block so pretty happy right now.

Ringleside sold out in less than 5 mins.

I think the assigned €25 seating might be nearly sold out too, did a search to see where I'd be assigned and got Row L. That's last row of those sections.

GA ticket secured. Rather be able to sit with friends and have a laugh for €17 then spend €50 and sit with a stranger

Couldn't get ringside prob shouldn't have kept trying and gone 2nd/3rd or straight for the assigned floor. Ended up 2nd row from back in assigned floor. Wish they had of done some sort of loyalty system for people who have been buying the VIP tickets for years.

• Advertisement

A bunch of people had that problem, it seems it was because someone had a bunch of first row seats in the basket but hadn't checked out so they were technically "available" on the site.

At least people worrying about they're being a pile of kids running around at this won't be worrying anymore. Given the rate tickets are selling I doubt there'll be many bar OTT regulars bringing theirs.

Advertisement