Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

A bunch of people had that problem, it seems it was because someone had a bunch of first row seats in the basket but hadn't checked out so they were technically "available" on the site.

Wouldn't let me process any of the ringside seats, kept giving me the error for first, second and third row.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

OTT say they had just 36 front row seats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Was in work so got the missus to buy tickets, I convince d some no wrestling fans to come and check it out, garunteed they wouldn't be disappointed etc.

General admission bought....was delighted until I seen that the 8 tickets were bought for the road to scrappermania! Gutted I was

Contacted OTT and they are refunding.me and allowing me to get GA from scrappermania, thus saving the day! Legends!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Tickets got this morning.

1200 tickets already sold. This is going to be some night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

showpony1 wrote: »
    Couldn't get ringside prob shouldn't have kept trying and gone 2nd/3rd or straight for the assigned floor. Ended up 2nd row from back in assigned floor. Wish they had of done some sort of loyalty system for people who have been buying the VIP tickets for years.

Bought mine at 10.01am and got 2nd row from back of assigned floor myself.
    Bit disappointed it wasn't 1st come best ticket available and when buying with the app it didn't tell you what you were getting it just bought whatever.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What are the €15 tickets like? Even if they're ****e I'll probably still pick up a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

From what I believe it's the same set up as TNA a few years back. By all reports that time there wasn't a bad seat in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

ciano316 wrote: »
    Bit disappointed it wasn't 1st come best ticket available and when buying with the app it didn't tell you what you were getting it just bought whatever.:confused:

It was first come best ticket available, how many tickets were you getting? It seems a bunch of people were trying to get like 8 or 10 at once. If you were getting more than say 2 or 3 its hard to get them together. My checkout is exactly 10:00 and it was the first row of the assigned seating.

It was first come best ticket available, how many tickets were you getting? It seems a bunch of people were trying to get like 8 or 10 at once. If you were getting more than say 2 or 3 its hard to get them together. My checkout is exactly 10:00 and it was the first row of the assigned seating.

i got 2 tickets at 10.01
    got row k of assigned seating on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

I got a General Admission ticket. I'd rather have a raised seat with a better view than been a few rows back on the floor. Also great value for €16.50. It's only a small enough arena as well so it's not like I'm going to be really far back either. Also going with a few friends so works out easier with everyone being able to buy their own tickets. It'll just be a case of having to get there early on the night to try get the best possible seats.

• Advertisement

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    I got a General Admission ticket. I'd rather have a raised seat with a better view than been a few rows back on the floor. Also great value for €16.50. It's only a small enough arena as well so it's not like I'm going to be really far back either. Also going with a few friends so works out easier with everyone being able to buy their own tickets. It'll just be a case of having to get there early on the night to try get the best possible seats.

Yeah you are right there is no bad seat in the arena. Just annoying that using the app I wasnt given a chance at buying the best possible tickets at that time. The app didn't even tell me what seats I was been offered. I just paid then they emailed my tickets with row and seat number.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Got tickets earlier for this.

Big bucks fan so this should be a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This has to be the biggest Indy show ever in Ireland? Anyone any other stats to hand on other houses? WCW in the Point in the 90's, TNA in this venue. Any other notables?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Some thoughts on last Saturday's show. I had general admission tickets so I decided to queue early to try and get a bar stool. I arrived in the queue at half 4, and there was about 15-20 people ahead of me when I got there. There was well over 50 people in front of me by the time the doors opened, so I didn't get a stool in the end. I managed to get a spot right up the front of the standing area and stuck to that spot for the night so it was worth getting there early.

It took me a while to get into the show, the first 45 minutes did nothing much for me, and there was a lot of talking early on too. I was disappointed they left it until the night to announce the Matt Riddle vs Pete Dunne match was cancelled. Starting the show with a heel authority promo had me thinking I was back watching RAW with Triple H and Stephanie giving 15 minute promos to open the show. The first two matches were fine, but I could have done without Justin Shape having so much time on the show.

However, after those first 45 minutes, I have only good things to say about the show. Haskins vs Mandrews was really good, super impressive match. The reveal for Drew was really well done and he gave a brilliant and super enthusiastic promo.

Then Matt Riddle and Marty Scrull absolutely stole the show. I hadn't seen any full Matt Riddle matches before this and he more than lived up to the hype. The first really noticeable thing was how great of shape he is in. Obviously it's to do with his previous career, but he looked so much more impressive physically than everyone else. He has tremendous speed and power. I absolutely loved his jumping tombstone piledriver. Great pop for Scrull too, he looked like a star here. This was one of, if not the best, match ever in OTT. If you haven't seen it, you should really check it out.

Devlin vs Bailey was really good. Bailey was another guy I hadn't seen before and he was very entertaining. Loved the Mr. Miyagi chants during this one. The pop when Omega was announced for April was insane. He's probably the one wrestler in the world I want to see wrestle live more than anyone else right now so I'm so happy OTT have booked him. I'm glad that they kept the Angel Cruz and Tyler Bate tag team going. I thought Bate might be a bit above it after winning the UK Championship, but those two are so much fun together.

The main event was great too, though it felt a bit wrong that there was no hype video for it considering the history of Pete Dunne and Ryan Smile in OTT. Dunne hitting the pedigree right at the start of the match was a great touch. I'm still trying the figure out how the referee had so much damage caused by a frog splash on his legs, though ref bumps are never the most logical thing. Overall, another tremendous show from OTT, and I think that was the latest they've ever gone (it was after 11 when the show finished).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Never been to an OTT show in Dublin before, did go to the 1st show they had in Belfast, was alright, nothing special, more due tot he fact the venue was a hotel conference room sort of thing and it was all seated and once 1 or 2 people stand up in front f you, then you could barely see the ring.

But they did put on a hell of a show, but today a stalls ticket has been bought for this, got to see the Club live.

And as a previous poster has said there is no bad views in the national stadium, was there for the last TNA tour to see Sting live in person and its a decent wee venue, looking forward to this.

Now has anyone any recommendations for hotels or B&Bs near the venue? feel free to PM me these

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

ciano316 wrote: »
    Couldn't get ringside prob shouldn't have kept trying and gone 2nd/3rd or straight for the assigned floor. Ended up 2nd row from back in assigned floor. Wish they had of done some sort of loyalty system for people who have been buying the VIP tickets for years.

i was buying 3 tickets and got the row K but when just checked after going for 2 i got row F so it depended on how many you were looking for it seems. I think I've just been spoiled by being front row to see so many stars in OTT that it's now unthinkable to be a few rows back haha

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Anybody ever have trouble watching OTT shows on Vimeo? I have had to turn it down too 360p just to make it watchable and it still buffers like mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Less than 200 tickets left for Scrappermania.. that is some going.

Less than 200 tickets left for Scrappermania.. that is some going.

and they have nearly sold 500 for the road to scrappermania,
    i don't think NXT with Balor/Nakamura sold this well. Just shows how hot these type of indy shows are right now you know you are going to possibly get a great atmosphere a 4/5 star match over the type of show WWE will put on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

and they have nearly sold 500 for the road to scrappermania,
    i don't think NXT with Balor/Nakamura sold this well. Just shows how hot these type of indy shows are right now you know you are going to possibly get a great atmosphere a 4/5 star match over the type of show WWE will put on here.

The prices are better for ott then nxt was to be fair.

but that shouldn't take anything away its some achievement from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

LeeJM wrote: »
    Anybody ever have trouble watching OTT shows on Vimeo? I have had to turn it down too 360p just to make it watchable and it still buffers like mad!

Any time I've watched the shows it's been okay. Irish broadband is unfortunately just very slow - and they film in HD - so it's probably down to the connection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Tickets available NOW at Eventbrite.ie, get them while they last
    pain_spotting.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Tickets available NOW at Eventbrite.ie, get them while they last
    pain_spotting.jpg

What are CCW shows like I have never been to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

The wrestling is usually very high quality. They get plenty of established talent from around the country - Ballymun Bruiser, Bingo Ballance, Katey Harvey, Danny Butler - and they also bring in names from overseas. A lot of whom I personally didn't know about but were impressed by. Whenever I go down, the production values are always pretty good. Well worth the trip if you were thinking of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

I see ott have less than 80 tickets left for scrapermania amazing achievement good to see if any promotion deserves it it's them never been disappointed leaving the Tivola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Are there many left for Road to Scrappermania? Might go and get some context before the 'Aul Lad of them All'.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Last time I seen there was under a hundred so I would think you won't have any bother getting them, if your on twitter follow ott and an odd VIP can show up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/02/18/ott-matinas-gaff-party-2-belfast-results-review/

A review I wrote of the recent OTT Belfast show. Hope y'all can let me know what ye think

• Advertisement

LeeJM wrote: »
    http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/02/18/ott-matinas-gaff-party-2-belfast-results-review/

A review I wrote of the recent OTT Belfast show. Hope y'all can let me know what ye think

what is it like at the belfast shows is everyone rowdy drunk in the crowd like the tivoli?

Advertisement