Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭SarahVOW

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    Very Very random question: Does anyone know the name of the song The Body Bros walk out to?

Tung! Radio edit - Deniz Koyu

OTT Spotify playlist is here

https://open.spotify.com/user/1155674474/playlist/3fPbdziT750WR9kmlRA5FQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

SarahVOW wrote: »
    Tung! Radio edit - Deniz Koyu

OTT Spotify playlist is here

https://open.spotify.com/user/1155674474/playlist/3fPbdziT750WR9kmlRA5FQ

Dude your awesome ..... cheers ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

OTT are using the exact same guys in Belfast the night after Wrestlerama, just curious as to how big Mandela Hall is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

OTT are using the exact same guys in Belfast the night after Wrestlerama, just curious as to how big Mandela Hall is?

Not very. Id say it would top out attendance wise at about 350. Its much smaller than Tivoli but there is balcony seats (not sure how many) and everyone else stands on the floor around the ring.

• Advertisement

Balcony doesn't have seats per se, it has a few benches, probably sit around 30-40 people at max, rest have to stand behind and watch and this is for VIP.

I went VIP last time as person I was going with has health issues and couldn't stand all night long, plus you get the added bonus of meet and greet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I saw ScrapperMania last night and I thought it was incredible show especially the main event which was one giant fun spotfest.

I will definitely keep my tabs on OTT whether going to one of shows or buying latest show on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

LeeJM wrote: »

Jurn will probably take exception with you calling him German. :)

https://twitter.com/JurnSimmons/status/827994163023081473

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

CCW's over 18s brand of Sports Entertainment returns and we're in a brand new venue at No 4 Penrose Quay, Cork City Centre (across from Bus Depo).
    Get your tickets NOW only available at Eventbrite.ie.
    Over 18s Only (ID Required)
    BYOB - No Glass

Matches Announced:
    CCW Heavyweight Championship
    Pastor William Eaver (c) v Bingo Ballance

WWE UK Star Joseph Conners v "The Role Model" Ricky Combat

Triangle Tag Team Title Hardcore Match:
    The Wood Bros (c) v The Establishment v The Armstrong's

Conor "The Body" Charisma's All Star Invitational:
    Conor "The Body" v Vic Viper v Lycan v Danny "The Beast" Butler v Lou King Sharp v Billy Bedlam

Tag Team Match:
    Roughstuff v Los Loco's

Triple Threat Match:
    Bruiser v Lewis Girvan v ''The Omega'' Axl Jeffries

Pre Show:
    Gang Wrestles For The Troops Battle Royal

Tickets available at Eventbrite.ie Here: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/ccw-riot-presents-its-always-hardcore-in-cork-city-tickets-33359164158

[IMG][/img]ASICC_WEBPOSTER.jpg multiple photo upload

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

OTT WrestleRama ticket information:

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/over-the-top-wrestling-presents-wrestlerama-tickets-33986386196

Another price increase across the board, €24.50 for the stalls seats up as far as €70 for first row ringside. Might just go for the stalls this time, not pushed spending €35 for the assigned floor seating. That's if I bother at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

OTT WrestleRama ticket information:

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/over-the-top-wrestling-presents-wrestlerama-tickets-33986386196

Another price increase across the board, €24.50 for the stalls seats up as far as €70 for first row ringside. Might just go for the stalls this time, not pushed spending €35 for the assigned floor seating. That's if I bother at all.

worse card, higher price - i am getting to stage after 2 years of attending every show where don't want to be shelling out every 2nd week for OTT. For the Tivoli shows the VIP/reserved seat used to include early entry and professional photo with the headliner that month, that appears to be completely gone now. haven't even sorted Marble Zone and then there is this Friday. though im sure others are more fresh to the product and willing to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

If anyone has two tickets (Floor/Stage) seats for OTT next Saturday, I will gladly buy them off you. Thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

showpony1 wrote: »
    worse card, higher price - i am getting to stage after 2 years of attending every show where don't want to be shelling out every 2nd week for OTT. For the Tivoli shows the VIP/reserved seat used to include early entry and professional photo with the headliner that month, that appears to be completely gone now. haven't even sorted Marble Zone and then there is this Friday. though im sure others are more fresh to the product and willing to pay.

can't argue with this. The April show featuring Bullet Club had a far more stacked and exciting card. I'd much rather see young indie stars than Foley.

showpony1 wrote: »

Yeah man with no interesting stars and price increases I doubt this show will get half the crowd, doubt I'll be attending

Yeah man with no interesting stars and price increases I doubt this show will get half the crowd, doubt I'll be attending

I am not a fan of the prices going up but in saying that I am confident it will sell out. Maybe not as quickly as ScrapperMania but it will sell out IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I would go to WrestleRama (Maddox Wrestling Association filing a copyright lawsuit as I speak :p ) but the National Stadium is a pain to get back from. Had to leave half way through the main event last time just to make the bus home so I can see myself missing this one. Hope it sells out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I would go to WrestleRama (Maddox Wrestling Association filing a copyright lawsuit as I speak :p ) but the National Stadium is a pain to get back from. Had to leave half way through the main event last time just to make the bus home so I can see myself missing this one. Hope it sells out though.

Same here, but ended up missing it and spending extra to get another bus that didn't see me back in Limerick til 4:30am. Loved the venue itself but the location is a right pain unless you're staying in Dublin or they ensure an earlier finish :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Same here, but ended up missing it and spending extra to get another bus that didn't see me back in Limerick til 4:30am. Loved the venue itself but the location is a right pain unless you're staying in Dublin or they ensure an earlier finish :(

that's my main reason for giving this one a skip as well.. The venue is a pain for anyone trying to get back to busaris for the 11.30pm bus. Luckily last time i had a lift, this time around I don't so will be skipping venues such as this which are not central.

Theres zero buzz for OTT's WrestleRama in August, Tickets don't seem to be selling like usual either.

• Advertisement

Theres zero buzz for OTT's WrestleRama in August, Tickets don't seem to be selling like usual either.

several reasons for this:

- Venue is a nightmare to get home from if you are outside a Dublin Bus route.
    - most will travel by public transport with at least 2 bus journeys each way.
    - the last show was incredible but ran far too late.
    - people had to leave the last show before the main event to make it home.
    - how can Foley compete with The Bullet Club and The Uptown Funkers.
    - Tickets are more expensive for a considerably less stacked card.

This should have been a Tivoli show, maybe over 2 nights similar to Wrestlecon back in October. I would have easily gone to this show if it was in the Tivoli, but multiple bus journeys and last bus at 11.30am so it was a no go from the start. I'm sure I am not the only one. Still plenty of time for them to sell the tickets, I hope it goes well for them because OTT is the only promotion in Ireland that brings quality wrestling and the best in talent to this country. Looking forward to future shows at the Tivoli.

The first row sold out in minutes! It took Progress months to sell out Brixton and its a much bigger deal with much more 'buzz' than OTT. Tickets only went on sale this morning and the show isnt for another 3+ months. A show selling out like ScrapperMania did is extremely rare so to compare WrestleRama to SM is slightly unfair, especially only hours after tickets went on sale.

Still personally believe WR will sell out in advance of the show taking place.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Myself and the girlfriend got our tickets sorted this afternoon anyway. We never get to the Tivoli shows so it's worth our while going for the bigger events.

I travelled down from up north for scrappermania, I was one of those people that had to leave before main event to make my bus home.

We have a show the next night with the same people in Belfast so very few will travel down for it this time, instead just going to the Belfast show.

The prices are terrible ?55 + fee to meet mick foley and go to the show, then if you want to meet sydal as well its another ?15 + fee, so over ?75 to meet 2 performers and see a show, not worth it imo

montyrebel wrote: »
    I travelled down from up north for scrappermania, I was one of those people that had to leave before main event to make my bus home.

We have a show the next night with the same people in Belfast so very few will travel down for it this time, instead just going to the Belfast show.

The prices are terrible ?55 + fee to meet mick foley and go to the show, then if you want to meet sydal as well its another ?15 + fee, so over ?75 to meet 2 performers and see a show, not worth it imo

I think they have made a mess of the pricing, its kinda mad that tickets are more expensive for Foley than for Bullet Club and the Up Town Funkers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Quick one. I have 2 general admission tickets for the May 5 OTT show, (me and a mate who's never watched wrestling) and wondered is it best to get there early-ish to queue so we can see the ring/ not be the near the back of the crowd? Not too early, because, well, pints....

OTT are running an all ages show on May 28th at the boxing stadium. We all know the Tivoli will be gone after 2017, so maybe this is a sign that the Boxing Stadium could be OTT's new home in Dublin.

https://www.facebook.com/events/140615333146035/

If this is the case I would love to see their main over 18's shows start at least an hour earlier so that it is easier for everyone to bus it home after the show. Won't be going to many shows unless they can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

brianblaze wrote: »
    Quick one. I have 2 general admission tickets for the May 5 OTT show, (me and a mate who's never watched wrestling) and wondered is it best to get there early-ish to queue so we can see the ring/ not be the near the back of the crowd?

Yes probably.
    brianblaze wrote: »
    Not too early, because, well, pints....

You can drink in there.

Gonzo wrote: »
    OTT are running an all ages show on May 28th at the boxing stadium. We all know the Tivoli will be gone after 2017, so maybe this is a sign that the Boxing Stadium could be OTT's new home in Dublin.

https://www.facebook.com/events/140615333146035/

If this is the case I would love to see their main over 18's shows start at least an hour earlier so that it is easier for everyone to bus it home after the show. Won't be going to many shows unless they can do that.

It's in the Ringside Club before anyone wonders how they'll fill the main stadium at 4pm on a Sunday. This is a far better venue that their usual Sunday afternoon shows, I've been to some Main Stage shows out in Drimnagh GAA clubs :D.

• Advertisement

I was corrected by OTT on the event page, this isn't just a Main Stage show. "There will be performers from FFPW, MSW, uprising and more. There will also be more ott performers". So it's basically a way to get all the various training promotions together and see who can make it up to the main OTT shows. Could result in some much needed infusion of local talent. Should be interesting.

Advertisement