Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I was corrected by OTT on the event page, this isn't just a Main Stage show. "There will be performers from FFPW, MSW, uprising and more. There will also be more ott performers". So it's basically a way to get all the various training promotions together and see who can make it up to the main OTT shows. Could result in some much needed infusion of local talent. Should be interesting.

Are OTT running a school now? Totally out of the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

OTT came out of Main Stage Wrestling which is a training place based out in the Kylemore Industrial Park. Not sure if it's completely the same crew but it's where all the Irish heads came out of.

https://www.facebook.com/mainstagewrestlinglive/

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Gonzo wrote: »
    OTT are running an all ages show on May 28th at the boxing stadium. We all know the Tivoli will be gone after 2017, so maybe this is a sign that the Boxing Stadium could be OTT's new home in Dublin.

https://www.facebook.com/events/140615333146035/

If this is the case I would love to see their main over 18's shows start at least an hour earlier so that it is easier for everyone to bus it home after the show. Won't be going to many shows unless they can do that.

There is no official announcement of went the Tivoli will go. The National Stadium to my knowledge is for a select number of shows and not as OTT's regular home. My guess is a replacement for the Tivoli is still to be determined

OTT came out of Main Stage Wrestling which is a training place based out in the Kylemore Industrial Park. Not sure if it's completely the same crew but it's where all the Irish heads came out of.

https://www.facebook.com/mainstagewrestlinglive/

Cheers!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    There is no official announcement of went the Tivoli will go. The National Stadium to my knowledge is for a select number of shows and not as OTT's regular home. My guess is a replacement for the Tivoli is still to be determined

seems all very up in the air right now to what is to happen to the venue:

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/tivoli-theatre-owner-proposes-new-12968251

http://campus.ie/surviving-college/news/dublin-8s-beloved-tivoli-theatre-faces-possible-closure

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

CCW returns to its new home at No 4-5 Penrose Quay, Sat July 15th for more Over 18s Pro Wrestling action. As always the show will feature a stacked card from top the bottom featuring Former NXT Superstar Bull James (Formerly Bull Dempsey), WWE UK's Joseph Conners, ICW's Chris Renfrew, as well as all your favourite CCW originals including CCW Heavyweight Champion Pastor William Eaver, ''The Role Model'' Ricky Combat, ''The Man With The Golden Can'' Bruiser, The Establishment, Therapy and many more.
    Tickets on sale NOW only at Eventbrite.ie
    Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1309313289117354/
    Ticket Link: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/ccw-riot-presents-super-lariato-bros-tickets-34353130137

[IMG][/img]18261639_10211659881145294_3210206_o.jpg image ru

OTT show last night was unreal. Turned my non wrestling fan mate into a fan for life. Also announced Ricochet for Wrestleama and Marty Scurl v Ryan Smile too.

Also June 4 lineup looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

brianblaze wrote: »
    OTT show last night was unreal. Turned my non wrestling fan mate into a fan for life. Also announced Ricochet for Wrestleama and Marty Scurl v Ryan Smile too.

Also June 4 lineup looks amazing

Yeeeesssss. So glad Murty is announced for August. If Smiles still has the title twould be great to see a title change at the stadium show.

I couldn't make it last night do you have a breakdown of what happened?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Yeeeesssss. So glad Murty is announced for August. If Smiles still has the title twould be great to see a title change at the stadium show.

I couldn't make it last night do you have a breakdown of what happened?

Top of my head in no order

GymNasties split via backstage seg .
    Jimmy Havoc showed up and lost to Zack Gibson who was over huge as a heel.
    Session Moth beat Alice Windsor
    Jimmy Havoc beat Donovan Dijak and challenged Ryan Smile for the belt in August
    Mat Riddle Def Kyle O'Reilly (Great match, lots of MMA offence from both)
    Main event 6 man was amazing. Tonne of high spots. Think the King's of the North lost. Blame cans for lack of recall

Also card announced for June 4

Check out @OTT_wrestling's Tweet: https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/860977523081048064?s=09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Wouldn't be too mad about Gibson becoming a mainstay. He is as vanilla as they come.

Wouldn't be too mad about Gibson becoming a mainstay. He is as vanilla as they come.

The heat he drew though was incredible

He was heel of the night by a mile. Far from vanilla IMO. Decent in the ring, great physique for a UK Indy guy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Hoping to go to Outer Space Odyssey for my first Tivoli show and my question is, stage or floor seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Really wanna go to an OTT event soon but kinda apprehensive about going on my own. Any recommendations on which event is must see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Zack Gibson is one of the only true heels in wrestling. Guy is an absolute heat magnet. Wait until you see the VOD of last nights show and then tell me hes vanilla. He is also a very solid wrestler and has 2 well established finishers in the Helter Skelter (twisting brainbuster) and the Shankly Gates (keylock while in a camel clutch position)
    Hoping to go to Outer Space Odyssey for my first Tivoli show and my question is, stage or floor seat?

Good luck getting one of them as they have sold within minutes for the last 5 or 6 Tivoli shows. Stage is probably easier to get.
    sophya wrote: »
    Really wanna go to an OTT event soon but kinda apprehensive about going on my own. Any recommendations on which event is must see?

Go on your own. All Tivoli shows are worthwhile. You are going to be surrounded by 500 other wrestling fans, just get talking to anybody. Its well worth the effort to go.

GA it is then.

All VIP for OTT's June 4th show sold out in minutes like usual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Celtic Championship Wrestling returns to where it all began and presents the fifth annual Revolution. This is the biggest event of the year suitable for the entire family and all ages.
    See all your favourite CCW Stars including CCW heavyweight Champion Pastor William Eaver, Ricky Combat, Bruiser, The Establishment, Bingo Ballance, The Wood Bros, Danny ''The Beast'' Butler and many more.
    Doors Open 6:30pm, Show starts at 7pm.
    Get your tickets NOW only available at Eventbrite.ie: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/ccw-revolution-v-tickets-33359639580

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, tempted to grab tickets to the August OTT show with Foley at it, but never been to the National Stadium before. I can get floor seats at Row K, but is the view going to be dodgy that far back? Are the stalls basically unassigned seating?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, tempted to grab tickets to the August OTT show with Foley at it, but never been to the National Stadium before. I can get floor seats at Row K, but is the view going to be dodgy that far back? Are the stalls basically unassigned seating?

I was there for the last big show and the view was grand. My girlfriend came along as well (she'd only ever seen one small OTT show before, in Dolan's Warehouse) and she was very impressed too. We just picked the first pair of empty seats we could find at 7:20. We've already booked our tickets for August.

Lord TSC wrote: »

There is no bad seat choice in the National Stadium. Its an arena built with the purpose of people being able to see whats happening in a ring so every seat has a fantastic view. I was in the stalls at ScrapperMania and had a great view. In saying that I am ringside for WrestleRama so my advice is get whichever seat you want cos really you cant make a bad decision. And yea stalls are unassigned seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I was Row F and basically ringside. Anywhere I went in the building throughout the night the view was spot on, you could even see the ring from the smoking area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I liked the unassigned stalls, can run around and drink, smoke etc. and still see everything while you're doing it.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/05/15/ott-marble-zone-act-1-results-review/

My review of the recent OTT show. Well worth checking out the show as it had an amazing Kyle O'Reilly vs Matt Riddle match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thanks lads. Tickets booked :D Really looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

FInal question lads. Whats parking like nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Parking is poor to be honest, there's no carpark so its on street only. If you aren't there super early it'll be a block or so away you'll have to park.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Finally got around to watching Scrappermania on FloSlam tonight. Great show, I'd never seen a full OTT show until now. Really enjoyed the Session Friends v Katey Harvey & Co (some great looking girls in that match too it has to be said, Nixon Newell in particular has a great girl next door appeal), Kings of the North v Lads from the Flats was great, and Marty Scurll v Jay White finished really well. Zack Gibson did a great job in getting booed out of the building.

I'm probably very much in the minority but whilst I enjoyed the main event, it just felt like they were just throwing in spot after spot for the sake of it rather than having a back and forth match. Maybe that's what the crowd wanted, and maybe that's what you get from those guys all the time, but it felt a touch too contrived to a new watcher. Fantastic athleticism though obviously and the Uptown Funkers entrance including the conga looked like all kinds of craic.

Logan Bryce was on the Lucha Forever show the other day in Southampton. Great to see an Irish lad being booked abroad.

• Advertisement

Logan Bryce was on the Lucha Forever show the other day in Southampton. Great to see an Irish lad being booked abroad.

Advertisement