Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

Paul Tracy, He wrestled for SMASH and other indys over there i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

RichyX wrote: »
    I know Fergal and Jordan are in Japan, but who's the third person?

Paul Tracey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Donegal

Mandrake kept his IwW Zero Gravity Championship in a match against Skaterboi Jeebus

Captain Rooney overcame Paddy Whack

The Supermodel retained his IwW International Heavyweight Championship in a Triple Threat match against TJ Meehan & Tat2 Charlie

The Supermodel kept his title in a Royal Rumble match eliminating Mandrake last!

Thanks again to everybody who made the show!

had a good time at this show despite been one of the very few over 18's there. 1st match was great(and as a avril lavigne/simpsons fan the concept of sk8er boi jebus kicked ass), 2nd match was a kinda comedy bout,3rd match was good tat2 charlie took a stiff wooden steps shot as well and was a well booked and sensible battle royal. Thanks to Captain rooney for taking time to talk to me after the event we loved ur intro speaking as two occasional smart fans and two marks. thanks for coming and hope to see you again next year.mandrake deserves a contract so next gut check i hope tna pick him up

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

i do beliee mandrake and a few other iww lads had a gut check earlier this year. infact i believe it was exclusve to iww guys. i'm sure they posted it up on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

282499_237492272949367_167386333293295_813665_4890007_n.jpg
    NLW 5th Anniversary Show - Sunday September 25th, 6.30pm
    Moat Theatre, Naas, Co. Kildare
    Tickets on sale from Moat Theatre Box Office: (045) 88 30 30 €12
    (Located behind Credit Union, Main Street, Naas. Less than 30 mins from Dublin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Whiplash wrote: »
    i do beliee mandrake and a few other iww lads had a gut check earlier this year. infact i believe it was exclusve to iww guys. i'm sure they posted it up on here.

Sorry but what is a gut check?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

If I'm not mistaken, Its the tryouts that TNA do kinda like WWE.
    Put some people through their paces in front of road agents and whoever else to determine if they are worth signing

but unlike WWE try outs in which you get paid for, you have to pay for the TNA try outs, it was all over the UKFF last year, that its you basically paying for a job interview and that anyone who did it was a mark for themselfs, something like £250 for a 2 hour in ring session with Dlo brown and then you put on a 6 minute match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

if you were serious about being a pro-wrestler and they're not knocking on your door, i could see how paying for a try-out would make sense. Maybe parting with a chunk of cash weeds out the lookie-loos and time-wasters. I imagine TNA (and WWE) don't have the time or patience to go through the X-Factor contestant approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Clare

Skaterboi Jeebus defeated Tat2 Charlie

Mandrake overcame Captain Rooney in a non title match

TJ Meehan beat The Supermodel by DQ after interference from Mandrake & Tat2 Charlie

The Supermodel kept his title in a 6 man tag pinning Mandrake to retain his IwW International Heavyweight Title

Waterford

Tat2 Charlie pinned Soultaker Salem

Skaterboi Jeebus overcame Becky James (Wales)

Mandrake beat The Supermodel by DQ after interference from Salem Soultaker & Skaterboi Jeebus

The Supermodel, Tat2 Charlie & Becky James overcame The Devils Rejects & Skaterboi Jeebus

• Advertisement

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    but unlike WWE try outs in which you get paid for, you have to pay for the TNA try outs, it was all over the UKFF last year, that its you basically paying for a job interview and that anyone who did it was a mark for themselfs, something like £250 for a 2 hour in ring session with Dlo brown and then you put on a 6 minute match.

Like I said before while I am not a 100% that is true, if they paid fair play I am sure it was worth it to be critiqued by & taken a look at by TNA but if thats the case why didnt all Irish wrestlers do it? TNA had 25 people at the London Gut Check so they could of done the same here instead of just 6 IwW wrestlers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Crimson got his job based on a Gut Check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Whiplash wrote: »

Yep the six guys were David Morgan, Garth Kidd, Gordon Elrick, Ian Meehan, Michael Ryan, Ray Rooney.

Believe it's $20 to submit your application (non-refundable whether they accept you or not), and $220 for the try-out. So in Euros that should work out to be about €175.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

You get to train with a former WWE Intercontinental champion and paying 250$ would probably keep chancers away.

Also, during the Irish one Jeff Jarrett was watching the session.

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal if you manage to catch the eye of one of the world's biggest wrestling promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ste7en

RichyX wrote: »
    Had the pleasure of seeing this a few nights ago.
    Everyone did a great job on it, it's a really fun short film.

Thanks very much! All future screenings will be posted on our facebook. Very glad you enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

After LA Warren got pinned by "All Star" Anthony Idol at Celtic Uprising and Working Class John secretly celebrated there are rising tensions as John finishes off the tiling in Warren's bathroom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMcg_EtGMI8&feature=channel_video_title

Dave Power and Niall Fox talk about the DCW Heavyweight Championship Scramble Match at Heatwave Saturday August 20th Good Counsel GAA Club Suir Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOivM_Xgf3o&feature=relmfu

DCW Heavyweight Champion Irish Dragon and the first ever DCW Heavyweight Champion Ballymun Bruiser differ on the outcome of the DCW Heavyweight Championship Scramble Match at Heatwave Saturday August 20th 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0krFW0vqFW0&feature=relmfu

The Lone Wolf" Lycan looks back on his history with Irish Dragon, Ballymun Bruiser & Danny "The Pain" Deans in DCW ahead of the DCW Heavyweight Championship Scramble Match Saturday August 20th at Heatwave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyUyl9ArDws&feature=relmfu

Ryan Smile points out why British is going to be proved Better August 20th at Heatwave in the DCW Heavyweight Championship Scramble Match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3_g4XknZgo&feature=relmfu

www.dublinwrestling.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

On the 20th & 21st of August 2011, Fight Factory Pro Wrestling are pleased to announce another 2-Day Professional Wrestling Camp.

The Head Trainer at this camp, will be none other than New Japan Pro Wrestling Superstar Fergal 'Prince' Devitt!!

Fergal has been at the top of the Cruiserweight ladder in Japan for the best part of 5 years now. Notable Titles held by Devitt are:

•IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
    •IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (5 times – with Minoru (2) and Ryusuke Taguchi (3)
    •Best of the Super Juniors (2010)
    •J Sports Crown 6-Man Openweight Tag Team Tournament (2010) – with Ryusuke Taguchi and Hirooki Goto
    •NWA British Commonwealth Championship (2 Times)

Everyone at FFPW is pleased to have one of the best wrestlers in the world back home to help train the next generation of Wrestlers.

Both days of the camp will start at 11am and finish at 4pm.

The Cost of the camp is €35/£25 for the 2 days. Trainees are allowed to stay overnight in the gym if required. There are also B&B's in the surrounding area.

Following on from this camp, there will be a live professional wrestling show held in the gym. This show will start at 6pm and any trainees who impress at the camp may be asked to participate on the show.

Any new or inexperienced trainees are welcome to train at this camp, they may be assigned their own group in which to train under a member of FFPW coaching staff between 12-2pm on the Saturday, the FFPW team will help all new trainees with the basics before training with Fergal Devitt starts.

Our School is Located in Bray, Co. Wicklow and is accessible via Dublin Bus routes 45 & 145 which both leave from Dublin City Centre. The DART service also stops at Bray Train Station.

To reserve your place at the camp, contact us at info@fightfactoryprowrestling.com, due to limited places at the camp you may be asked to send a non-refundable deposit of €10/£10 by Cheque to confirm your place.

* On the Saturday after training has ended for the day. Transport will be arranged to go see Main Stage Wrestling's Live event in St Micheal's community center, Inchicore, Dublin that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TandL

Thunder and Lightning would like to congratulate James Arnold on making his wrestling debute match in USA. Well done James.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It'd be cool if Irish Promotions were like the NWA, in that there was one Champion of Ireland that defended the belt in each irish promotion. That'd be awesome.

But sure the NWA territories couldn't do it with their companies on the line in the 80s, i know it'll never happen here. But it'd be so awesome. That and supershows with 1-2 matches from each promotion each trying to steal the show ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

TandL wrote: »
    Thunder and Lightning would like to congratulate James Arnold on making his wrestling debute match in USA. Well done James.

Where was he booked?

• Advertisement

Where was he booked?

I believe it was with ACWA in New Jersey. I'm not 100% sure on that, but I'm almost sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

The Law" LA Warren shows signs of mentally cracking up after being pinned by "All Star" Anthony Idol in the Pick Your Poison Tag Team Match at DCW Celtic Uprising

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg8FVn-vzhM

The Man With The Golden Can" Ballymun Bruiser talks about the upcoming DCW Heavyweight Championship Match August 20th Good Counsel GAA Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey9uoZ7E4Ec&feature=related

The Zenith of Zero Gravity" Bingo Ballance reflects on beating Andy Phoenix in Balbriggan and looks ahead to the "Battle For The Briefcase" Saturday August 20th at Good Counsel GAA Club Suir Road Drimnagh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-udBpMQGZ0

also

Siren is the first entrant into the DCW Bikini Contest at Dublin Championship Wrestling - Heatwave Saturday August 20th at Good Counsel GAA Club. Pulses will be racing!

www.dublinwrestling.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TandL

NLW_Info wrote: »
    I believe it was with ACWA in New Jersey. I'm not 100% sure on that, but I'm almost sure.

Yes, NLW_info is right. It was ACWA James was booked for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Superfly Splash

After reading a few news sources it would appear FCW talent Jason Mullen formerly Tron who wrestled around the irish scene has been released from his contract.

Credit-PWInsider.com

Alot of FCW talent has been removed from the web site.

* Bobby Dutch
    * Colin Cassady
    * DeSean Bishop
    * Jason Mullen (Tron)
    * Leroy Parks
    * Lucky Cannon
    * Cameron Lynn
    * Sonia

Sad times cause true not even out there a year and let go,

IwW had a hugely successful weekend with 2 out of 3 shows having over 230+ fans in attendance! IwW's latest trainee also made his debut with Justin Slammin losing to Soultaker Salem, Thanks to everyone who attended the shows & theres still more to come :)

Cork

Skaterboi Jeebus pinned Tat2Charlie

Mandrake beat Captain Rooney in a non title ZG Match

The Supermodel retained his IwW International Championship against Biffo Meehan

The Supermodel, Skaterboi Jeebus & Captain Rooney overcame Mandrake, Tat2Charlie & Biffo Meehan

Waterford

Salem Soultaker squashed Justin Slammin

Mandrake retained his IwW ZG Championship against Skaterboi Jeebus & Ian Starr

Skaterboi Jeebus won a Battle Royale for a ZG title shot

The Supermodel retained his IwW International Championship against Biffo Meehan

Down SELL OUT 240

Skaterboi Jeebus pinned Tat2Charlie

Captain Rooney beat Biffo Meehan

Captain Rooney, Justin Slammin & Skaterboi Jeebus overcame Paddy Whack, Tat2Charlie & Biffo Meehan

The Supermodel retained his IwW International Championship by DQ after the referee reversed his initial decision against Mandrake

Some photos from this summers shows

20953dk.jpg

zwcppi.jpg

2h3toar.jpg

5ds1op.jpg

icqp89.jpg

NLW 5th Anniversary Show
    Sunday 25th September 2011
    Moat Theatre, Naas, Co. Kildare
    6.30pm
    Tickets €12 available NOW from Moat Box Office (045) 883030
    *Seats numbered so early booking advisable to choose your seats.
    or log onto www.moattheatre.com (€1 booking fee online)

Meet former WWE Superstar Scotty 2 Hotty and see him in action at this show! Get your tickets now!!

PLUS: The first ever "LUCK OF THE DRAW" Ladder Match! More details coming soon!!

scotty%202%20hotty.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bring Back Celtic Pro Wrestling. CpW

I was just thinking. What happened to the DcW inner City title and NLW tag titles. I'v only seen both belts on one show each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

I was just thinking. What happened to the DcW inner City title and NLW tag titles. I'v only seen both belts on one show each.

Seems the DCW Inner City Title was dropped after the owner accused the champ of being a homophobe and fired him which led to the likes of Vic Viper, Kev Rocks, Gerry Soul and a few others leaving DCW.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

Danny the Pain Deans have left DCW and I (marc savage) have also left, this isn't a story line and I do wish DCW all the best

Advertisement