Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Completely forgot about Bobby George until the personal announcer came out, my only complaint was he was against the jobbiest jobber who's ever been in the OTT ring.

Also did I miss something with Ryan Smile, the crowd were very much against him in the Haskins match. Bit of a weird ending to that one too.

He's been goin a bit heelish on twitter lately

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Completely forgot about Bobby George until the personal announcer came out, my only complaint was he was against the jobbiest jobber who's ever been in the OTT ring.

Also did I miss something with Ryan Smile, the crowd were very much against him in the Haskins match. Bit of a weird ending to that one too.

The crowd have been turning against Smile for a good while. He turned full heel last month when he hit Riddle with the title.

I bought a ticket for last night's show but wasn't able to go in the end. It seemed to go very late, main event didn't start until after 11?

Was that Terry Thatcher Bobby George Jr was against last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Ali Bomaye wrote: »

Was that Terry Thatcher Bobby George Jr was against last night?

It was, he popped up at the contenders event a while back.

The crowd were giving him fierce stick for being a jobber

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

bkrangle wrote: »
    It was, he popped up at the contenders event a while back.

The crowd were giving him fierce stick for being a jobber

Yeah I was watching the contenders show on VOD and got a surprise when I saw him. I didn't notice him without the skin head though.

I remember there used to be a guy called Elektro 'The Irish Luchador' on those early Tivoli shows as well. I've no idea who he actually was or what happened to him though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

CCW returns to its new home at No 4-5 Penrose Quay Sat July 15th for more Over 18s Pro Wrestling action. As always the show will feature a stacked card from top to bottom featuring Current ROH/NJPW Star Will Ospreay, Former NXT Superstar Bull James (Formerly Bull Dempsey), Impact Wrestlings Bram, WCPW's Joe Hendry, WWE UK's Joseph Conners, ICW's Chris Renfrew, as well as all your favourite CCW originals including CCW Heavyweight Champion Pastor William Eaver, ''The Role Model'' Ricky Combat, Danny ''The Beast'' Butler, The Establishment, Therapy and many more

Tickets available NOW only at Eventbrite.ie
    ***VIP Ringside Seats SOLD OUT***
    Limited General Admission left plus Special Meet and Greet add on available also to meet all the Stars, includes photo Op and Autographed Event Poster.

Doors Open for Meet & Greet at 6pm Sharp.
    Doors open for main show 7pm Sharp, first Match 7:30.

Over 18s Only (ID Required)
    BYOB- No Glass

Matches Announced:

CCW Heavyweight Championship Match
    Pastor William Eaver (c) v Joseph Conners (WWE UK)

WCPW Championship Match
    Will Ospreay v Jordan Devlin (WWE UK) v Ricky Combat v Joe Hendry (c)

CCW All Star Championship Match
    Former NXT Star Bull James v Danny "The Beast" Butler (c)

Fatal 4 Way to crown first ever CCW Women's Champion
    Raven Creed v Valkyrie v Lauren La Roux v Katey Harvey

Lewis Girvan v Impact Wrestling Star Bram

Tag Team Match
    Roughstuff v The Armstrong's

2 on 1 Handicap Match
    Lou King Sharp & Conor "The Body" v "The NI Nightmare" Tron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Quick one on Irish promotions and training. I did a few sessions with DCW and IwW back in the day, but found there were kids (IE 11-15 years old) training too. Really put me off, especially as at the time I was nearly 30 and was afraid I'd hurt the kids.

Now I'm 33 and bigger now than I was then and also a lot stronger since I've gotten in to powerlifting. Have been tempted to train again but am even more apprehensive because of my past experience.

Anyone know of a school in Dublin that does over 18 training only or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It was brilliant! Crowd went mental, singing chase the sun etc. The personal ring announcer was a great touch too.

Just watched this. Looked like brilliant fun with everyone doing chase the sun. Agreed on the personal announcer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

That card is absolutely ridiculous. 10 match show plus at least one Foley segment. The show is going 4+ hrs at least.

LTSC is there anybody you aren't familiar with on the show?

LeeJM wrote: »
    That card is absolutely ridiculous. 10 match show plus at least one Foley segment. The show is going 4+ hrs at least.

LTSC is there anybody you aren't familiar with on the show?

4+ hours? Seriously? I wasn't expecting that :o I'm way to use to WWE House shows so that will be an experience.

Honestly, a lot of them.

I know Sydal, obviously, from his WWE stint. I've been watching a fair bit of British Strong Style since Dunne and Bates cropped up on TV. I've seen highlight packages for War Machine and Richochet. Seen a little of Devlin (he was in Dublin for WWE's last show too). And I know of Jacobs, Scrull, Storm, Flesch, KotN and havoc by name, but wouldn't be familiar with their work really.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    4+ hours? Seriously? I wasn't expecting that :o I'm way to use to WWE House shows so that will be an experience.

Honestly, a lot of them.

I know Sydal, obviously, from his WWE stint. I've been watching a fair bit of British Strong Style since Dunne and Bates cropped up on TV. I've seen highlight packages for War Machine and Richochet. Seen a little of Devlin (he was in Dublin for WWE's last show too). And I know of Jacobs, Scrull, Storm, Flesch, KotN and havoc by name, but wouldn't be familiar with their work really.

Oh yea no way this show goes less than 4 hours. ScrapperMania was over 3 and a half and that card wasn't as stacked as this is. It is going to be an amazing show. No way this show doesn't deliver.

And I can't wait to see what you think of it afterwards.

Says a lot about the drawing powerboat Bullet Club that they sold out Scrappermania faster than Filey has moved tickets for this show. Stacked card, can't wait.

Didn't hear it has been moved from the stadium to the smaller building beside it?

brianblaze wrote: »

Didn't hear it has been moved from the stadium to the smaller building beside it?

What??? I dunno if you or asking or telling us if it has been moved to the Ringside club, which is the venue where they held the Contenders show today. Either way, it has not been moved and there has been no talk of it being moved to the Ringside Club.

LeeJM wrote: »
    What??? I dunno if you or asking or telling us if it has been moved to the Ringside club, which is the venue where they held the Contenders show today. Either way, it has not been moved and there has been no talk of it being moved to the Ringside Club.

I actually looked back on their Facebook thread from Friday where a few had said it but comments were gone so clearly it hasn't been moved. Happy days.

I would imagine a few got confused then about todays show which was in the Ringside club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

CCW returns to its new home at No 4-5 Penrose Quay Sat Aug 26th for more Over 18s Pro Wrestling action. This show is our 5 Year Anniversary and will feature the 4th Annual 30 Man Celtic Rumble Match. Featuring your favourite CCW Stars including CCW Heavyweight Champion Pastor William Eaver, ''The Role Model'' Ricky Combat, ''The Phoenix" Jody Fleisch, Jack Jester, "The International Sex Hero" DCT, "The Best Young Wrestler In The World" Lewis Girvan, Danny ''The Beast'' Butler, The Establishment, Therapy and many more

Tickets available NOW only at Eventbrite.ie
    ***Only 50 VIP Ringside Seats available***
    General Admission standing also available.

Doors open at 7pm Sharp, first Match 7:30.

Over 18s Only (ID Required)
    BYOB- No Glass
    Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/ccw-riot-presents-summerbrawl-tickets-36263869209

20183020_1701718423191292_406358651_n.jpg

CCW returns to its new home

Summerbrawl Saturday?

Your tshirts are too tight too Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

CCW returns to its new home

Is that Ross Browne?

Parking is poor to be honest, there's no carpark so its on street only. If you aren't there super early it'll be a block or so away you'll have to park.

Getting closer, so just wanted to do a quick check back on this.

There's really no carpark nearby, huh? Thats incredibly frustrating. Doesn't look to be much in terms of restaurants either.

I'm wondering at the moment should I get there for round 5, get a taxi back into town for food and then get a taxi back. Are there any taxi ranks nearby, do people know? Are there "safe" streets and not so safe ones? Not enthralled at the idea of leaving the car on the street :/

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

There's no taxi ranks but there's plenty of places for food just down the road at Leonards Corner. For sit down/nicer places there's Bastile, Gailoit Et Grey and the Headline Bar does excellent pub grub type food, there's also the fast food options of Pinheads Pizza (great prices for what you get), Cafe Delice or Three Monks. The local area is perfectly fine for the car being safe.

• Advertisement

There's no taxi ranks but there's plenty of places for food just down the road at Leonards Corner. For sit down/nicer places there's Bastile, Gailoit Et Grey and the Headline Bar does excellent pub grub type food, there's also the fast food options of Pinheads Pizza (great prices for what you get), Cafe Delice or Three Monks. The local area is perfectly fine for the car being safe.

Thanks, I'll check them out :)

Just saw news that South Quay is going to be closed for 8 days over next weekend, whcih is awesome news for those driving up that way :P

Would I be better off parking in town, then getting a taxi to and back from the show? Is there taxi's easy to get? anyone know the cost? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

The National Stadium isn't that far out from town, personally I'd walk from someplace like Stephens Green if you want a car park. It's about a 20 minute walk.

I got a taxi from the Woolshed out to the NS for Scrapper and it only cost €15 and that was with 4 of us in the taxi. So yea its not crazy far out of town.

Highlands looks very nice, gonna try that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I live out that direction it's sound as a pound (well as much as anywhere is nowadays). You should be able to flag down a taxi with little trouble. Headline is a good spot, they do a lot of craft beers if you're into them.

Says loads for Indy wrestling that Foley didn't sell out a show as feature act but the Bullet Club did! (If the venues have similar capacity!)

So hyped for Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

brianblaze wrote: »
    Says loads for Indy wrestling that Foley didn't sell out a show as feature act but the Bullet Club did! (If the venues have similar capacity!)

So hyped for Saturday!

in fairness its only an appearance from foley were bullet club were wrestling totally different

sky88 wrote: »
    in fairness its only an appearance from foley were bullet club were wrestling totally different

It proves my point if nothing else? People nowadays want to see wrestling by good wrestlers, and aren't so into spot appearances by former WWE guys. (I say that as a huge Foley fan)

10/15 years ago people would have flocked to see Foley more than they would to see Daniels/ Joe/ AJ etc. (Or whoever you would have considered to be the most over Indy guys 10/15 years ago)

• Advertisement

Yeah, Foley lost a lot of shine over the years. Again his not wrestling. I managed to pick up 3 tickets. Can finally being my nephew since it's a 16+ show. His so looking forward to seeing Scurll, Pete Dunne, Ricochet etc. Makes a change from when he was younger and only like WWE.

Advertisement