Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

What's going to be screencapped, GIFd and shared all over social media? Omega/Okada at WK or Joey Ryan and his magic cock?

It's not having a ****ty attitude to point out that it's stupid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Joey Ryan match and angle is the one I'll remember next year.

I counted about 7 RKOs and lost count after a dozen dives through or over the ropes. Which is impressive, but by the final match, I was desensitised to it all. And when Sydal and Rick O'Shea tried mat wrestling, the crowd weren't interested at all.

Ryan's gimmick and the people involved made me laugh. I loved them and plan to spend most of the day looking up Joey Ryan stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Cool. Glad you enjoyed the show. Different stokes for different folks I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sounds like a great night! Starting around 7.40 and ending after midnight is unacceptable to me. I know it's fashionable as WWE are a time-hog (it was a slog sitting in the crowd at WrestleMania), but 2.5 hours (or 3.5 if there's an intermission) is plenty to get your money's worth in my mind. Do they do any shorter big shows, or is it all 4-5 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

What's going to be screencapped, GIFd and shared all over social media? Omega/Okada at WK or Joey Ryan and his magic cock?

It's not having a ****ty attitude to point out that it's stupid.

It's your opinion that it's stupid. That's fine.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Sounds like a great night! Starting around 7.40 and ending after midnight is unacceptable to me. I know it's fashionable as WWE are a time-hog (it was a slog sitting in the crowd at WrestleMania), but 2.5 hours (or 3.5 if there's an intermission) is plenty to get your money's worth in my mind. Do they do any shorter big shows, or is it all 4-5 hours?

Tivoli shows are shorter normally. Finish in time for buses etc

I agree, but I also don't massively mind...

...but the emails they sent round last week said end time was approx 11pm, and some people around me did leave round then cause their car parks would be closing, or their taxis were waiting outside, etc. It was said in this topic that it was going to go late, so I don't get why the organizers didn't just say that to people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Whats funny is that all the talk Joey Ryan is getting here and he was the 3rd most over person in his match. Angel Cruz and B-Cool were the stars of that match. Personally dont care for Joey and all the cock stuff but whatever each to their own. There was plenty of stuff for all wrestling fans on the show.

B-Cool had a breakout night I thought.

It also seemed that Joey and Jeff Cibb got in a bit late so maybe the card went long due to late arrivals? 10 matches may have been a bit much but I loved it either way

My one nit pick was the audio on the backstage stuff. They need to buy a boom mic. Couple of hundred quid and they'd be sorted. The shotgun mic they were using (I assume) didn't work for playing back over the stadium speakers

• Advertisement

Do OTT have a school or something? Looking online, I can't see anything about one but I'd have presumed they did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Do OTT have a school or something? Looking online, I can't see anything about one but I'd have presumed they did...

No but Main Stage Wrestling, FFPW and UPW all work together along with OTT and they all have training schools. Really Irish wrestling has never been healthier and it is because organisations are working together and the cream is rising to the top and Irish wrestling as a result is gaining international recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

The bulk of the new people and the crew hands come out of Main Stage, FFPW and UPW work with OTT to put on Contenders which is for new people from all the promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 reanimator

Really enjoyed wrestlerama, raging we missed last 3 matches to get last bus,was my first OTT show and definitely not the last so I hope their future shows end a bit sooner..

Didn't even know Johnny Storm was gonna be there I remember him being one of the "big" names at the first ever show I went to in Dundalk probably 10 years ago ha

The Joey Ryan thing was pretty dumb but I was drunk and loved it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Foley's idea , just to try get OTT some exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Floor/stages seats are still up for sale, normally gone in a few minutes. Shame I don't know I have the money for them.

Oh, that brings up a point....

I could have sworn the tickets I bought for the show the other night were right up the back, but when I got there, my seats were on the floor, about 10 rows back. I asked the guy beside me, who also felt the same; that he should have been in a block up the back. Would there have been a shuffling of chairs after tickets were bought? I'm not complaining, I had an awesome view, but it was a weird thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

reanimator wrote: »
    Really enjoyed wrestlerama, raging we missed last 3 matches to get last bus
    Ach sorry to hear it mate, glad u had a great time though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Last night in Belfast was the best of the shows they have had up here to date, going from strength to strength

Also I bought standing tickets but we had seats... which was nice

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I could have sworn the tickets I bought for the show the other night were right up the back, but when I got there, my seats were on the floor, about 10 rows back. I asked the guy beside me, who also felt the same; that he should have been in a block up the back. Would there have been a shuffling of chairs after tickets were bought? I'm not complaining, I had an awesome view, but it was a weird thing to happen.

We had floor seats. We were told we could sit anywhere we want in our section. We sat in the seats that were on our tickets, but loads of people were confused where to go.

• Advertisement

I was certain we were supposed to be near the back also. But we were 10 rowss back too. Maybe the layout on the ticket site was wrong I dunno. Either way any seat in the national stadium is a good one! Unlike if you get floor seats at a wwe show in 3arena and you can't see the ring at all because its just rows of chairs on the ground all the same height.

Ach sorry to hear it mate, glad u had a great time though!

First OTT show and it exceeded expectations, can't wait to go again.

reanimator wrote: »
    First OTT show and it exceeded expectations, can't wait to go again.

Tivoli show in September might suit you better. Bell time is earlier also!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Preview for the Wrestlerama show, if you weren't there.

brianblaze wrote: »
    Tivoli show in September might suit you better. Bell time is earlier also!

Yeah should be there! Turns out I only missed two matches. Still need to the see the moth in action haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

FutureGuy wrote: »

Would be aimed at Kids with wrestler gimmicks being "American Badass" complete with American flag against the "Irish Warrior". Main event will prob be a multi man match comprised of all the night particpants. Good performers but performing for kids, so a bit pantoish. Good laugh all the same especially is you have kids.

Kids are like drunk adults at these things. Just ****ing maaaad all together

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Agree with Sirsok, I love bringing my nephews to GAA hall wrestling. They love the fact they're allowed to scream at the heels and go crazy for high fives from the faces. You'll get so much enjoyment yourself if you can bring a little one to that type of show. My younger nephew was 4 when I brought him and didn't know what wrestling was, now he has a school bag with Seth Rollins on it ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

That American Wrestling always has the most random line ups. There's usually a few OTT adjacent people in it though they tend to use this to ham it up, the main guy in the mask is Joey obviously.

Advertisement