Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Curtis Murray had to bail put a bit early tonight after a fairly bad bump on the apron. A lot of blood but think he walked away relatively okay.

Great show as always. Bobby George Jr is a Megastar already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Hope Curtis Murray is ok, it was a nasty knock to the back of his head and a lot of blood very quickly was flowing.

It was a fun show with one major flaw, a small minority of male fans being absolute f*cking c*nts. Chanting both racist and anti-semitic things towards El Ligero (who is English not Mexican you f*cking d*ckheads) and David Starr. This same group of guys are know to chant things towards female competitors and also be horrible to women nearby them in the crowd. They have absolutely no place in any wrestling crowd in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SquidLad

I was unaware of these guys until after I got back and looked up twitter. General consensus was "show was really fun except for a pocket of assholes in the crowd". I wonder was it the same morons who sat behind me at 'Wrestlerama' and chanted "get your tits out" at Candice? Anyway, for what it's worth, where I was standing the crowd was awesome. Just being loud and having fun without being obnoxious. The show itself was a blast live but probably isn't something you need to go out of your way to see when it gets released on VOD. Jordan Devlin and David Starr stole the show. Devlin in particular is a special talent that I hope OTT has big plans for.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

That was a nasty knock Curtis Murray took. He seemed to hurt his ankle early in the match which may have affected his ability to pull off the high flying moves. Glad to hear he's ok, he'd done very well in the match up to that point and at contenders previously.

As others have said Devlin v Starr was a cracking match. Difficult to know how best to book Devlin these days. He very much looks and acts a bit like a heel but his wrestling ability has progressed to the level that the crowd can't help but cheer for him. His match against Moose a few months back is possibly the best 1 on 1 I've seen at the Tivoli (perhaps excluding Ospreay v Ricochet).

Regarding chants from a certain section of the crowd I didn't hear any of stuff directed at Starr bit was a bit irked by the "build the wall" chants directed at El Ligero and have noticed some awful misogyny coming from what I think is the same group in the past. I would hope that this sort of carry on is clamped down on in future.......no place for it at OTT.

I think the build a wall chants were tongue in cheek as he's English, but there were a few too many 'risky' chants that probably were well meant that seemed a bit much. I did shut up a few lads who started a 'foreskin' chant

That being said, the whole place was calling the Queen some fairly reprehensible stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If guys trade off their lineage, then chants are fair game. The KOTN's gimmick is essentially "we're protestants who hate the south", they have a big red hand like it's not subtle, so all of that makes sense. Same with the likes of Gibson and Sterling. But if your chant is based off you researching something about a guy's past that has nothing to do with his gimmick, or if it's essentially "you're a girl, you have bewbs", then you need to cop on. I didn't notice the wrestlers having to stop (thanks to Devils Bit) but if that's the case then that's ridiculous. There's nothing worse than being stuck around people trying to get themselves over in the crowd.

Side-note: if anyone is wondering, the new theme song for KOTN was by the guitarist in our band, Tristan Carroll (who runs Choon Sweet making themes for indie guys). He's been working at it for months now and it's an absolute belter. I think once people get used to The Prodigy being gone they're gonna love it.

Smarks gonna smark unfortunately

But, if a chant is offending you, then tell them to stop and it seems they will. I assume they just thought they were being funny

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I was actually so disappointed the KOTN changed their theme but if the new one is by one of our own I think i can warm to it eventually haha. I didn't hear any of these build a wall chants etc, anyone know roughly what part of the crowd it came from? I couldn't see so I was virtually everywhere in the audience at one stage or another. Probably the worst of the OTT shows ive been to, but still a great event, which is pretty high praise.

Edit: Also, whoever discovered Bobby George Junior's ring announcer deserves a pat on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Here's the link to the new KOTN song if anyone is interested: https://soundcloud.com/choonsweet/kotn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Probably asking this too late but what's by the difference between floor and stage seating in the tivoli?
    Edit: they appear to have sold out in under a minute anyway unless something's wrong with eventbrite
    Edit: Never mind got two floor seats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

kevovek wrote: »
    Probably asking this too late but what's by the difference between floor and stage seating in the tivoli?
    Edit: they appear to have sold out in under a minute anyway unless something's wrong with eventbrite
    Edit: Never mind got two floor seats
    Stage is on an elevated platform facing one side of the ring with the video screen behind you, floor section is right beside the ring on either side. There's a chance with the floor seats that you'll have to get up if a match spills to the outside. Afaik both sections are unreserved so first come first seated.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/09/04/ott-wrestlerama-dublin-results-review/

My review of OTTs WrestleRama show at the National Stadium. Joey Ryans d*ck is barely mentioned at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

LIMITED VIP TICKETS LEFT AT EVENTBRITE.IE
    [IMG][/img]21363076_1755241537838980_1567810059_n.jpgjNXQya

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

CCW have had their account banned by "Beasty" for the above post.

I thought this thread was always a safe haven for Irish promotions to promote their shows.

Load of bollocks :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mods are already trying to sort that out, but it would be appreciated if there wasn't further comments on it for now (to avoid backseat moderation, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Anyone know what the story is with Justin shape and ott bit of a shock here unless it's a work of some sort.

Not a work. There is no reason other than sometimes people no longer work together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

maybe one of his old injuries giving him grief, I know he had a broken neck at one stage

LeeJM wrote: »
    Not a work. There is no reason other than sometimes people no longer work together.
    I kind of thought it a bit odd with the push he had been getting and with the fight factory going well and the connections with ott that's what made me think it might have been another reason, but since your sure there is no other reason il accept that.

montyrebel wrote: »
    maybe one of his old injuries giving him grief, I know he had a broken neck at one stage
    As far as I know he is still wrestling and taking bookings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cody has apparently signed with ROH fulltime and my understanding is he's taking less indy dates as a result.

I'm presuming it won't affect OTT, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Just assume it won't? Even the WWE, for the most part, let's guy do there pre-booked indy dates before working full-time for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think it signed domestically in America for roh so can still go Japan and Europe as he likes

Contenders 3 was actually the best OTT show I've been to. Which is an incredible thing to type considering some of the talent and matches that were on the other shows. There was just so much motivation, everyone was bringing their A+++ game. LJ Cleary was the standout rookie. He's someone that OTT should immediately start using as one of their local regulars. The second half was possibly the best hour and change of wrestling that I've ever seen live. Scarlet & Graves VS Murray and Martin was a riot and Devlin/Strickland was a MOTYC. Devlin as usual got a ridiculous amount of love from the crowd including a "next world champ" chant. I know OTT wants to give the belt to foreign imports but goddamm, Devlin is on fire and if they don't have him figured into their long term world title plans then they're fools. Anyway, I'm so glad I went to this show. It was a hell of a way to spend a Sunday afternoon and for only 12 euro it was a ****ing steal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Do the tivoli shows end at around ten as stated on the event page? Or do they usually run longer been a while since I've been to one.

kevovek wrote: »
    Do the tivoli shows end at around ten as stated on the event page? Or do they usually run longer been a while since I've been to one.

It is a lot more likely to end closer to 11 than 10.

The last one ended at ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

OTT tends to over run in any venue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

I wasn't at the last one but the two before went over time, the show in the national stadium ended at about 12:30am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

They've had a bad habit of blasting past the supposed end times recently. Looking forward to Third Year Anniversary tomorrow, Matt Riddle vs Speedball Bailey should be great. The rest could be hit or miss (esp the new locals) but still looking forward to it.

Advertisement