Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

First two matches announced for the Elite show in Dec.
    The Young Bucks & Marty Scrull Vs Dalton Castle & the Boys.
    Cody Vs Flip Gordon Vs Fenix.

Not sure how I feel, hoping Matt Riddle gets added to the show. No sign of British Strong Style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

First two matches announced for the Elite show in Dec.
    The Young Bucks & Marty Scrull Vs Dalton Castle & the Boys.
    Cody Vs Flip Gordon Vs Fenix.

Not sure how I feel, hoping Matt Riddle gets added to the show. No sign of British Strong Style.

What do you mean not sure how you feel? The show is already loaded with imports but you think OTT needs to add Riddle and BSS? Not to mention Zack Gibson, Charlie Sterling, Mark Haskins and a few more of the regulars also have to be flown in. What about all the Irish talent, do they not deserve to get their chance to perform at the National Stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Great show last night, prob my favourite that I have attended. Matt Riddle v Mike Bailey was insane! Amazing night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

LeeJM wrote: »
    What do you mean not sure how you feel? The show is already loaded with imports but you think OTT needs to add Riddle and BSS? Not to mention Zack Gibson, Charlie Sterling, Mark Haskins and a few more of the regulars also have to be flown in. What about all the Irish talent, do they not deserve to get their chance to perform at the National Stadium?

Not OP, but I will say this.

I've only been to one show of OTTs so far, and it was Wrestlerama which was jam packed with big Indy names. That was what drew me to the show. I'm sure the Irish lads are great, but it was the bigger Indy names that I wanted to see. BSS, War Machine, Joey Ryan, Candice, Mick Foley, Richochet, Sydal.

I'm thrilled that I'll get to see Cody and Young Bucks...but I do kind of feel I was expecting more names to be added to the card with international name recognition, and thats very obviously not happening now. I know I'm spoiled from the previous show, which was an abnormality, I guess? When I bought the ticket though, it was on the high of Wrestlerama and the big names involved, and I don't think that will be something I'll get in the December show, outside of Cody and Young Bucks, who seem to be fighting guys I've never heard of.

Again, I stress...I know thats me being spoiled rotten by my first show there. Just my thoughts though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I go to OTT to see how the Irish scene is blossoming. I'm delighted to see Devlin ascending now and more than likely geting a run at the title in the next 12 months.

The formula seems to be, (IMO) to get the Irish lads ready on the contenders show, and then move them onto the main shows after that.

Look at the company's biggest star! Session Moth is Irish and probably the most over act on the shows. With Fight Factory etc pumping out new graduates, hopefully we see the cards getting more and more local people on there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

last nights show was really good. Riddle vs Speedball Mike Bailey is possibly my match of the year, it was just insane. Really looking forward to the November and December shows!

Would love to see British Strong Style at the December show!.

Can't see Pete Dunne not being an NXT star by December

LeeJM wrote: »

Wow, I must have missed that bit in my post where I said I didn't want to see Irish talent at the show. Thanks for giving me an opinion I don't have or don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Last night's OTT was good, or at least what I could see of it was. Attendance was up over last month and despite me being 5" 10' and in Doc Martens I couldn't see much no matter where I stood :(

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

oneilla wrote: »
    Last night's OTT was good, or at least what I could see of it was. Attendance was up over last month and despite me being 5" 10' and in Doc Martens I couldn't see much no matter where I stood :(

It's always the same with the Tivoli, if you're not there super early for a good spot you can't see much. I couldn't see a thing for the first half then used the interval to do a reshuffle and had a great view for the second half.

Speaking of which it's insane Matt Riddle hasn't been signed by someone already, he's on another level. Top two OTT matches this year now have been him vs Kyle O'Reilly and now vs Speedball Bailey.

And as for the Irish talent at the National Stadium tbh there really isn't that many at the level capable of carrying the show aside from Devlin. Like it's great they're putting someone like Scotty Davis on the card to give him a boost but I'm not buying the ticket for him. I've been going to OTT for over two years now and they're finally giving the locals a well needed shakeup. Some of the gimmicks have worn very thin to me (mainly Martina though I know I'm a minority opinion there) and bringing up the new faces is great but they still need work to carry the show and pretty much all of them would need to commit full time to wrestling to hit the higher levels which they probably can't due to other commitments etc.

• Advertisement

oneilla wrote: »

It's always the same with the Tivoli, if you're not there super early for a good spot you can't see much. I couldn't see a thing for the first half then used the interval to do a reshuffle and had a great view for the second half.

Speaking of which it's insane Matt Riddle hasn't been signed by someone already

UFC drug issue is probably why. Scared of bad press which is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

British Strong Style announced. This is a good day

Iang87 wrote: »
    British Strong Style announced. This is a good day

Replacements for Osprey. Thrilled. Love me some BSS.

My nephew really looking forward to seeing Osprey, shame he can't make it. Much rather have Young Bucks/Scrull taking on BSS then Dalton Castle & co.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

My nephew really looking forward to seeing Osprey, shame he can't make it. Much rather have Young Bucks/Scrull taking on BSS then Dalton Castle & co.

I'm hoping for a super duper triple threat 3 man tag dealio type match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Any word from Devlin/Riddle match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Any word from Devlin/Riddle match?

Tonnes of talk about it on Twitter last night. Great match. Kings of the North vs Angel Cruz, B-Cool and Joey Janela was utterly insane though.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

That hardcore match was insane alright - some heavy knocks taken - that's the 2nd time I've seen Corvin thrown onto thumb tacks and Angel Cruz looked genuinely wrecked after the table he was meant to go through didn't break.

Main event was very good too - probably the most slaps I've seen in a match, Devlin's chest was red raw at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Tremendous show on Saturday night. The Angel Cruzers & Joey Janela vs the Kings of the North is one of my favourite ever OTT matches, just utter chaos. The Kings completing their face turn later was so well done too.

Devlin vs Riddle was great. Devlin has been so great all year, and him getting the title shot when he's more over than ever is great booking.

Ryan Smile vs Scotty Davies was very enjoyable. Gibson & Sterling vs Martin & Murray was a fine match, though I felt it dragged and that they could have achieved what they did in much less time (that may have been to do with the earlier madness of the six man though). It's great to see OTT giving these young guys big spots on the Tivoli shows, and they're really delivering some great stuff.

I love everything about the Bobby George Junior character and his ring announcer, the angle with Treacy after the match was really well done.

The women's match was a joke. It made a complete mockery of the title. If OTT want fans to take their women's title seriously, they should try making it seem important on their shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

No sign of 2 Unlimited since Wrasslepops am I correct in saying? Anyone know why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Christo

Very good show, definitely the best match I have seen scotty davis in. The hardcore match was for sure the motn. I really cannot get into Riddles matches though, they all seem very one dimensional to me, some slaps, kicks, suplexes and a bit of no selling.

Bobby George Jr has an amazing gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

At the Third Anniversary Show they announced team prick vs logan and sammy then just quietly swept it away (unless I'm missing something) and I'm not over it.

We did a video for Jordon Devlin for his upcoming match with Haskins at the National Arena!

Check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That is savage Sirsok. Face Jordan or tweener Jordan is a great way to book this. Hope he goes over.

Sound man, was great fun getting to do it! He has to do it! Will be some pop

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chr1st0

Man the main event yesterday was pretty insane. I think Scotty Davis has gotten so much better since I first saw him at wrestlerama. Jordan Devlin getting a standing ovation for just entering now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Nathan Martin vs Speedball Mike Bailey in a dark match at Being The Elite. Hope the place is packed for it. 16 year old will have a decent story to tell in school on the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

- I wonder if they are going to watch the time on this one, was tired last time by time main event came on.
    - can someone tell me what happened at the low blows party that they are making a big post banning some lad?
    - I think they should give Devlin new music to go with this run (is he updating that t-shirt after every win?)

showpony1 wrote: »
    - I wonder if they are going to watch the time on this one, was tired last time by time main event came on.

Unless its Cody and the Bucks in the main event, I'll be leaving early if it goes as long this time. Went crazy long last time i went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Nothing happened at our party, the last one we had was as chilled and hassle-free as it gets. The post was pertaining to us taking a zero tolerance policy regarding harassment or intimidating behaviour towards wrestlers and/or fans, we've banned one known culprit who has been at it for years and is going around making threats again recently, he won't be welcome at any of our nights. And we encourage others to get on-side with this to get this element out of the Irish wrestling scene before it can gather any steam.

That's all there is and all I'm willing to say at this time.

Advertisement