Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

leggo wrote: »
    Nothing happened at our party, the last one we had was as chilled and hassle-free as it gets. The post was pertaining to us taking a zero tolerance policy regarding harassment or intimidating behaviour towards wrestlers and/or fans, we've banned one known culprit who has been at it for years and is going around making threats again recently, he won't be welcome at any of our nights. And we encourage others to get on-side with this to get this element out of the Irish wrestling scene before it can gather any steam.

That's all there is and all I'm willing to say at this time.
    Surprised to hear that I'm at every OTT show and while there is certainly a few oddballs that this business attracts there, I'd just make sure to stay out of their way - didn't think anything like that going on.
    Only issue I ever had at a Low Blows show was lads falling around locked on tequila shots before the Mania pre-show has even started sitting down into our booth annoying us etc. but again harmless enough  :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Is there parking near the National Stadium on South Circular Rd?

I'm going to OTT on December 9th and just need to figure out where to put the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TooSweet

Is it difficult to get a taxi back into town after the show? Just in case the dec 9th show goes long?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If there's no taxis outside, walk 5 minutes to Leonard's Corner. You'll easily get one there, it's a main thoroughfare into town. No turns, just a straight 5 minute amble. Link

To be honest, the South Circular Road where the stadium is located is itself a busy road into town. You'll be grand.

Omackeral wrote: »
    If there's no taxis outside, walk 5 minutes to Leonard's Corner. You'll easily get one there, it's a main thoroughfare into town. No turns, just a straight 5 minute amble. Link

To be honest, the South Circular Road where the stadium is located is itself a busy road into town. You'll be grand.

Cheers just haven't been to the stadium before. I assume beer is served in the stadium there right? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

TooSweet wrote: »
    I assume beer is served in the stadium there right? :)

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

showpony1 wrote: »
    - I wonder if they are going to watch the time on this one, was tired last time by time main event came on.

- I think they should give Devlin new music to go with this run (is he updating that t-shirt after every win?)

Really hope it is snappier than the Foley show. The last stadium show was a slog. You could really feel if during the Sydal/Ricochet match. Super match but the crowd were just banjacked and flat as a pancake.

They definitely rushed the women's match to ensure the main event finished at a reasonable time.

Devlin's theme is a strange one but I freakin' love it. Keep it for his run. He needs no tweaks or changes. Everything about his tenure at present in OTT is perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

showpony1 wrote: »
    I think they should give Devlin new music to go with this run (is he updating that t-shirt after every win?)
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    Devlin's theme is a strange one but I freakin' love it. Keep it for his run. He needs no tweaks or changes. Everything about his tenure at present in OTT is perfect.
    Absolutely love Jordan's theme, I hope he never changes it. I went to extreme lengths when I first heard it to get it's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I saw last week Lance Storm was complimentary towards one of the wrestlers taking his class who is from Ireland, Darren Kearney.

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/933462996277370880

I understand he's wrestled shows here before he went across the pond. Anyone know anything about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I remember 1st hearing about sheamus and thinking it was crazy that we had an irish wrestler in wwe but we have so many great ones now and plenty of up and comers its going to just the norm soon enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Anyone going to the Andrews Lane show on December 8th? Devlin is on the card...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

oneilla wrote: »
    Anyone going to the Andrews Lane show on December 8th? Devlin is on the card...
    if someone injured Jordan on December 8th do you think joe would ever book them for OTT again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

sky88 wrote: »
    I remember 1st hearing about sheamus and thinking it was crazy that we had an irish wrestler in wwe but we have so many great ones now and plenty of up and comers its going to just the norm soon enough

In some ways I'm surprised we've gotten Irish WWE champions before any British/English ones.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Angron wrote: »
    In some ways I'm surprised we've gotten Irish WWE champions before any British/English ones.

Wade Barrett was something of a missed opportunity there. Drew could potentially still do it. But whatever happened to Mason Ryan?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wade Barrett was something of a missed opportunity there. Drew could potentially still do it. But whatever happened to Mason Ryan?!

Came in green as hell, and never really got a whole lot better I suppose. I remember there being rumours of Regal being pushed towards a potential title shot after winning King of the Ring, but then he got suspended and that went away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

All about timing really. Regal and Barrett definitely were worthy champs were they were pushed.

I'm a bit gutted the most recent Brits have come in like they have. Seems they've been a bit diluted. Bate, Seven and Dunne should be running NXT at this stage instead they seem like an aside from everything else.

I know we're invasioned out at this stage but give me a British Invasion (led by Regal) of either NXT or the main roster and I'll be a happy man.

Kinda wished OTT would hype them more. I've got meet and greet as it was a birthday gift but would I be alone in being more excited by the likes of Dunne et el than the BC and Dalton?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I’m just catching up on OTT Vendetta from a few weeks back. Once again Tony Idol and Bobby George Jr are brilliant fun. I’d pay for them alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Not long now to the show. Change to the card, women match gone, replaced by
    Angel Cruzers Vs Martina & Kay Lee Ray

Yeah bit of an odd change. Martina v KLR wasn’t a natural fit but neither is this really. Saving time by getting them all in one match maybe?

Just finished Devlin v Riddle. Woah, great stuff, stiff as feck. You have to think Jordan is winning it next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

So do we think theyll put on devlin last as i think they should or the elite

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

There hyping Devlin match at the biggest match in Irish wrestling history. Just assume they put it on last?. Maybe Cody closes first half, open with bullet club for the second half and finish with the title match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

1st half? 2nd half? you expect a break? with all the complaints of them over running I can see it just going straight on through

Do the general admission stalls tickets have a good view?

How early should you be there if you've got these because seating is unreserved?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

It's been said multiple times but there's really not a bad seat in the arena. You'll have a good view from pretty much anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I have a good few streamers like they have in Japan. Should we do them for Jordan? Could be a nice gesture. What ya's think?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

First wrestling show I'm going to, anyone able to give a one sentence summary of any running storylines/anything I should know about the indie/OTT performers? Except the big names like the Elite etc. Bringing a gang who aren't into wrestling so I wanna give them a bit of context if at all possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

What finishing time are we looking at for this?

FineAle wrote: »
    What finishing time are we looking at for this?

To be honest, plan your travel based on ending anywhere past midnight. The Wrestlerama show wasn't over til past 11:30, the current event page for this shoe has it at 11:30 which is too late for most people with last buses etc.

• Advertisement

Hayezer wrote: »
    First wrestling show I'm going to, anyone able to give a one sentence summary of any running storylines/anything I should know about the indie/OTT performers? Except the big names like the Elite etc. Bringing a gang who aren't into wrestling so I wanna give them a bit of context if at all possible!

I'll do this later on if anyone hasn't gotten to it. I'll post the full current card in the meantime.

NLW Title Match:
    Mark Haskins vs Jordan Devlin
    Young Bucks & Marty Scurrl vs Dalton Castle & The Boys
    Cody Rhodes vs Fenix vs Flip Gordon
    Kings of the North vs The Rapture (possibly OTT Tag title match?)
    British Strong Style vs Team Legit 100
    Angel Cruzers vs Martina & Kay Lee Ray (this replaces the Women's Title match)
    Speedball Bailey vs Nathan Martin
    Paul Tracey vs Bobby George Jr

Also Ryan Smile is still on the poster but no idea if he'll be there.

Advertisement