Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Spotted this a few days ago on Reddit, looks like there's a new OTT title on the way
    rsz_rbp3quzmsha01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Spotted this a few days ago on Reddit, looks like there's a new OTT title on the way
    rsz_rbp3quzmsha01.jpg

Thereyre doing an all woman show in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Tyler Bate & Pete Dunne are off the OTT show due to "travel" issues. Which likely WWE wants them for NXT tapings next week? I know Bate has a dark match for a UK title shot at NXT Takeover.

Has full details of replacements plus the line up for future shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Has full details of replacements plus the line up for future shows.

Confirmed for the show in march though. I thought this meant Dunne was going full time WWE until they said that.

Still think he'll be in the Rumble though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tyler Bate & Pete Dunne are off the OTT show due to "travel" issues. Which likely WWE wants them for NXT tapings next week? I know Bate has a dark match for a UK title shot at NXT Takeover.

Think that match is one NXT on wed

Think that match is one NXT on wed

Its airing on Wednesday but is being taped before Takeover. Regular NXT tapings are Thursday and Friday next week which makes me think they're being held for that.

It'll be interesting to see the turnout for the all women OTT show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads do any of ye know why OTT don't come down to Limerick any more ? use to always go to the dolans shows

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lads do any of ye know why OTT don't come down to Limerick any more ? use to always go to the dolans shows

I was at three of those shows. :) I think they just grew too big for Dolan's. There's no way they were making a profit from such a small venue, considering the talent they were bringing down here. It must make more sense to do big numbers in Dublin and Belfast instead. I'm trying to think of other suitable venues around Limerick but nothing really comes to mind.

• Advertisement

I was at three of those shows. :) I think they just grew too big for Dolan's. There's no way they were making a profit from such a small venue, considering the talent they were bringing down here. It must make more sense to do big numbers in Dublin and Belfast instead. I'm trying to think of other suitable venues around Limerick but nothing really comes to mind.
    Big Top maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

UL possibly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

It'll be interesting to see the turnout for the all women OTT show.

The only reason I won't be going is that it's on a Sunday.

Edit: As of 7:05 pm floor and stage seats still available. These typically sell out within minutes. Not a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

the women's show is on a bank holiday Sunday.
    though people may not want to pay for back to back nights of sports entertainment - especially when the night before already is Martina focused.

I imagine though tickets will sell nearer the time as there is this sat to pay for, and the march 3rd show going on sale Monday too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Saw on twitter that all deals are now signed for the next scrappermania, no word yet on any names though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Scrappermania 4 = Minoro Suzuki, that alone is enough reason to get a ticket for the show

27545085_1635046783227509_9091088894508128140_n.jpg?oh=cf04bd5b3a498df77b9bf60eee161f6a&oe=5AE4CD6E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

New OTT World Championship presented in place of the NLW Championship. Class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Looks like an opportune time to make my OTT debut I reckon. In the crowd, lest there be any confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

You had me at Ishii.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Probably the best OTT show I been too. Had the "VIP" tickets. We got there at 5 and it was first in to grab the best seats. The Q&A started. It was Jordan, Martina, Keith Lee and Joe/Luther Ward. It was light-hearted chat and good fun. Interesting to hear from Joe that this venue has two chances to make it work, maybe working with the U.K. companies for VS. OTT type show and how hard it was to run shows outside of Dublin.

We had an hour wait after the Q&A before the show started. The venue is not great. It's your typical run-down GAA hall. No food, cold, not many toilets, the bar only had two lads working behind and were completely overwhelmed by the crowd.

My bad luck happened again. As sat behind were a pack of Trump's. Non-stop talking throughout the matches about whatever "shoot" youtube video they just watched and what's wrong with the WWE. They only stop to shout random stuff out as loud as they could to get some attention. When it didn't work they would shout out it again but louder. Despite no one ever getting in on their chants or laughing at their "Jokes", it won't stop them from just doing it again and again.

Not going through the whole card in detail, but wasn't a bad match. Trent Seven was great and LJ Clearly was good fun on the Mic at the start of the match. A great way to start the show.
    Mark Hawkins Vs. Adam Brooks & even Zack Saber Jnr Vs. Travis Banks felt like really good exhibition matches but lack something to get your teeth into.
    Felt this was the same problem for Jordan match with Timothy Thatcher. But all good matches and Jordon is super over.

The four-way with Chucky T, Angel Cruz, B-Cool & Martina was so much fun. Again the P.ricks behind took some of the fun out it. Shouting stuff at Martina that was more suited in a 90's crowd. Shows the level of class we were dealing with.

The best match was Keith Lee Vs. "SpeedBall" Mike Bailey. A video beforehand, set up the winner would get a spot on the big show in May. There was a big "Scrapper-Mania" sign in the arena over a basketball stand. Sadly none of the wrestlers pointed to it after they won. The match was insane and just giving that little storyline reason think helped get it out of just exhibition match feel.

The Main event was the cage match. It took them 15 minutes to get it up and it looked like it could fall over any minute. Held together by cable ties and the ring crew sweat. It was still cool and fair play to the OTT team for doing it.
    The match rules were, that the match only started when all six men were in the ring and you won when all three members of the team escaped.
    They started by fighting outside. After a while, Bonesaw got into the cage and all three of the Rapture got in and locked the door. Beat down on Bonesaw while the other Kings of the North tried to get in but were stopped by the Rapture every time. The Kings (Wearing army camouflage) got a ladder. Climbed it and jumped off the top of the cage. Can't go into the whole match as it was insane, but the Rapture got the win. The whole crowd was deflated. Except for the idiots behind me who thought it was great.

Much shorter than the previous shows. It would have been over earlier wasn't for the delay getting the cage up, which you could forgive that as they never had a cage before and the match was worth the wait.

Looking forward to the VOD, first show I've missed in ages since I couldn't get a ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Saturday was great, really enjoyed it.
    Keith Lee Vs. "SpeedBall" Mike Bailey was match of the night, and the cage match was a very close second. I was siting right beside the cage door, so I was very close to the action for the cage match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

When are tickets on sale for Scrappermania?

Not 100% sure if I'm going to go, cause there's not really a name there that massively appeals to me at the moment. No clue who the two Asian guys are....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Lord TSC wrote: »
    When are tickets on sale for Scrappermania?

End of February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

OTT don't put on bad shows. I never knew Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Kings of the North, Speedball, Matt Riddle and plenty more before going to a show. I take it as a given that it's gonna be a great time no matter who's there. Not knowing Suzuki or Ishii is only gonna make you be blown away when you see them. Two of the hardest f*ckers you've ever seen. I'd just go I was in your shoes!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looking forward to the May show.

Saturdays's show was very good, I particularly enjoyed the Q and A, Speedball and of course the Cage match itself was spectacular.

I thought the venue was a decent choice, due to it's location. The Luas made it very easy to get to, a quick 15 minutes between the venue and Busaris. The beer was good and reasonably priced. Most GAA venues are the same so the only real issue was the toilet situation and a complete lack of food. Next time i'll be bringing a bag with some packed food.

With regards to future venues, I don't think OTT will ever be able to find a venue more suitable than the Tivoli, that place really has a charm that just is not available anywhere else. Dublin doesn't have much choice venues other than really large or small venues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

I am not missing the chance to see Ishii. 141% going. How much are the meet and greets usually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I've met Minoru a few times and he's super sound out in real life! Will be hitting this for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I think I'll get a ticket for this show.

Advertisement