Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

@Leggo I might be wrong on this but didn't Devitt and Paul Tracey wrestle on one of the gym wars shows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Fergal was on a Trabolgan show before. They did a brief invasion angle with a couple matches on Gym Wars and one on an NWA show, which Paul would’ve been there for, but I don’t believe he wrestled.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SquidLad

It was Adam Abz that wrestled Dave Zero, wasn't it? It was such a shame that the four companies wouldn't work together, they could have done so much good for each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

How many active promotions are there in Ireland?

Cause I hear IWW still runs shows but also hear not that often. Ccpw still seem to be running shows. Not sure about main stage.

Well there's OTT, CCW, PWU and Fight Factory for starters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Cheers.
    What's the craic with Main Stage these days? Just running a school?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

There's a Ballymun Bruiser interview on the Celtic Championship Wrestling podcast. He talks about the 2000s wrestling scene.

http://www.buzzsprout.com/121610

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

My dad just handed me a flyer advertising Wrestling.ie and their "direct from the USA" tour. What's their roster like? I couldn't pick out any familiar faces in a quick scroll through Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

depends on where its being held they try to use local talent to cut down on travel costs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

My dad just handed me a flyer advertising Wrestling.ie and their "direct from the USA" tour. What's their roster like? I couldn't pick out any familiar faces in a quick scroll through Facebook.

Most of the Irish scene and the up and comers too.

Good old Joe still wrestles on these shows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ThePott

Anyone heading to CCW's next show P2: Painspotting?

29512518_1694681673910723_3577912713571233279_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1fdcda0a0bbed76da58ff7b42cb59911&oe=5B3F5BFD

Should be a belter. They put on some great stuff and this show is gonna be the start of a tourney for a new champ and Joe Hendy is back too.

18+ and Family Friendly? Which one is it lads?

Both. There's an all ages show and then a 18+ show.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

OTT put Martina's gaff party 2 up for free just there this evening. Nights viewing sorted!

SquidLad wrote: »
    Both. There's an all ages show and then a 18+ show.

Yup not only that but if you buy a ticket for the 18+ show you get into the family show for free

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/ccw-riot-presents-p2-painspotting-tickets-43710664775?aff=efbeventtix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

nazmoalex wrote: »
    OTT put Martina's gaff party 2 up for free just there this evening. Nights viewing sorted!

This is peak OTT in the Tivoli - Scurll,McIntyre, Jinny as unannounced surprises, Dunne, Bate, Haskins, Andrews, Speedball, Justy, Devlin all on the card. Makes this Saturdays card look pretty weak! But still very happy to be back in Tivoli much prefer it to stadium or Suir road, atmosphere doesn't compare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

ThePott wrote: »
    Anyone heading to CCW's next show P2: Painspotting?

Should be a belter. They put on some great stuff and this show is gonna be the start of a tourney for a new champ and Joe Hendy is back too.

Is this Hendry's last time time in Ireland before he's off to NXT? (Allegedly?)

brianblaze wrote: »
    Is this Hendry's last time time in Ireland before he's off to NXT? (Allegedly?)

Hadn't thought of that.

Haven't seen many other dates with him announced though.

I think it's his first appearance post-Commonwealth Games as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

First episode of an OTT podcast came out today and is an interview with Joe. Talks a bit about the beginnings of OTT, booking the stadium, wrestling and producing on the same shows etc.

https://soundcloud.com/overthetopwrestling

Billy Bedlam from CCW was on the This Irish Life podcast, it was a really interesting and different podcast than usual. It's a great listen!

http://thisirishlife.podbean.com/e/this-irish-life-38-journey-of-a-cork-wrestler-billy-bedlam/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

AMA Request: Justy
    leggo wrote: »
    That might be able to be arranged, leave it with me...

Only seeing this now, would be brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Anyone at the shows over the weekend. Made the trip to Fight Factory show, and the main event was fantastic. Tag team elimation fatal fourway 3 stages of hell match. The last fall with Nathan Martin and Darren Kearny v Collar and Elbow, had to be seen to be believed. Steller stuff. Fight factory have upped their game with stellar character work

Sirsok wrote: »
    Anyone at the shows over the weekend. Made the trip to Fight Factory show, and the main event was fantastic. Tag team elimation fatal fourway 3 stages of hell match. The last fall with Nathan Martin and Darren Kearny v Collar and Elbow, had to be seen to be believed. Steller stuff. Fight factory have upped their game with stellar character work

I really wanted to go this. I might do the next one. The only thing that's stopping me (and I feel bad about saying this) is the prospect of walking through East Wall at night. Anyone have a sense of what it's like these days? It's so far the only place outside of Limerick where I've been accosted on the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It’s actually grand. If you go a certain way you’re on a main road until you get into the estate the venue is in, and even then that’s like 100 steps either walking in the evening or at night when everyone else is going the same way.

CCW have started hyping Painspotting 2 on the 21st of April.

Two matches announced so far

Armstrongs and Debbie against Therapy
    Great promo too about the Armstrongs forming the APA

Tag Contenders match between Flight Mode and Rough Stuff
    29793126_1703959609649596_5032891689019372160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=aed0a9d2fffe5ad5cace5922c8a900b0&oe=5B622BE6

Winner takes on The Armstongs at Revolution VI in June.

They're announcing the brackets for the tournament to determine a new champion at their Wrestlemania Party on Sunday. I'll post the brackets here as hoping to make it to the party all goign well :D

Draw for CCW Painspotting 2 happened last night.

So it's 4 brackets, with 3 one on one match-ups and one triple threat. The winners are then put into a Four Way dance as the main event of Revolution VI.

Check it out, there is some really interesting matches made.

It's a tough one to call, should be sick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

ThePott wrote: »

Draw for CCW Painspotting 2 happened last night.

So it's 4 brackets, with 3 one on one match-ups and one triple threat. The winners are then put into a Four Way dance as the main event of Revolution VI.

Check it out, there is some really interesting matches made.

It's a tough one to call, should be sick!

That’s all types of cringe!!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    That’s all types of cringe!!

The fauxAmerican accent, or the f*cking raffle thing? Fair balls to a company making a go of it, but jaysus lads it's wrestling not the local fete!

Are events like this normally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The fauxAmerican accent, or the f*cking raffle thing? Fair balls to a company making a go of it, but jaysus lads it's wrestling not the local fete!

Are events like this normally?

All of the above.. the mock draw. The chips falling out of the bin. No chips been left. Acting like it was real. I don’t know where to start

MrMac84 wrote: »
    All of the above.. the mock draw. The chips falling out of the bin. No chips been left. Acting like it was real. I don’t know where to start

The crowd went wild though...

• Advertisement

:D

Jesus, CCW getting roasted haha.

All in good fun, was nice seeing a live draw at least.

Either way the matches speak for themselves and the card should hold up well.

Advertisement