Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

What time is kick off? I’ll probably pick up a stalls ticket and head along. I’ve been meaning to go to OTT for a while and the stadium’s only a few minutes away from me on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

xtal191 wrote: »
    Any idea if there's alcohol served at Scrappermania?

There is indeed. There's a full bar in the Ringside Club with a good few servers. They only a couple of barstaff the first OTT event which was a complete disaster for queues, they've learned their lesson now and usually have a good few working flat out esp at the interval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Buddy bailed on Scrappermania so I'll probably leave it off now, was gonna travel up from Cork. Happy to sell my two tickets to a boardsie for cheaper, PM me.

Pentecost wrote: »
    What time is kick off? I’ll probably pick up a stalls ticket and head along. I’ve been meaning to go to OTT for a while and the stadium’s only a few minutes away from me on the bus.

Doors are at 6, first bell is at 7. If you're getting the general seating and want a decent seat I'd be there from 5 onwards. Queue is usually mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

I've one general admission ticket going spare for tomorrow. Face value, of course. PM me if interested.

• Advertisement

Doors are at 6, first bell is at 7. If you're getting the general seating and want a decent seat I'd be there from 5 onwards. Queue is usually mad.

Tickets say doors are at 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

Tickets say doors are at 7.

Doors 5.45 and starts at 7 according to their facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Is anyone looking for tickets to Scrappermania? Have two here and don't want to see them wasted. Free to a good home! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Has anyone used there phone for tickets? Or do u need to print them out? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Has anyone used there phone for tickets? Or do u need to print them out? Thanks

Always use my phone, they have a handheld scanner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Omackeral wrote: »
    Always use my phone, they have a handheld scanner.

Brilliant, thanks!

xtal191 wrote: »
    Doors 5.45 and starts at 7 according to their facebook

Ah thanks for letting me know, looks like I'll be missing the start in that case.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've been in Dublin for 2 hours and I've already seen one Bullet Club hoodie and one OTT hoodie. #TooSweet

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just spotted an OSW Review t-shirt at ring-side!

And a lad dressed up like Eric Rowan on the other side of the ring. Fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Phenomenal show tonight. Ospreay and Riddle stole the show just like they did at WrestleMania weekend. Ospreay is having an epic best in the world level year.

The Rapture get heat like nobody else. People next to me got f*cked our for throwing drinks at them. Amazing horrible b*stards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Omackeral wrote: »
    The Rapture get heat like nobody else. People next to me got f*cked our for throwing drinks at them. Amazing horrible b*stards.

Yeah, I noticed that. I was watching what happened with them more than I watched the start of the match :pac:

Charlie Sterling knocked or kicked at least 3 or 4 beers out of people’s hands. Then they got a few f*cked back at them and it got a little venomous! It was phenomenal. The fella that got kicked out was locked though and had a full bottle of spirits in a paper bag beneath his seat so I think that was the final nail in his coffin. Joey Cabray personally told security to turf him out too.

The opener was a great way to kick off the show. David Starr, Shane Strickland and LJ Cleary vs Tyler Bate, Mark Haskins and Scotty Davis. Winning team went straight into a 3 way dance for basically a MITB briefcase. Fast paced, fun and really good character work.

I was most looking forward to seeing Kings of the North vs Aussie Open/Adam Brooks but the 6 man formula was worked in the first match so it took a while to get the crowd invested again. Big pop for the Kings and Aussie Open at the end... Brooks played the slime bag well.

Riddle vs Ospreay was simply surreal. One of the best matches I’ve ever seen in person. No hyperbole.

Keith Lee vs Minoru Suzuki had the crowd going non stop. Both are oozing charisma. Lovely send-off for Lee.

Jeff Cobb vs Ishii was a clash of two absolute units. A bit lumbering in places but enjoyable.

Samii Jayne vs Valkyrie was a good heel vs baby face match. Some good action from the ladies.

Angel Cruzers vs The Rapture...wow. Even if you didn’t watch pro wrestling, you would have had a ball at this. Comedy, villains and some great athletes doing their thing. The pre match vignette was off the charts silly in the best way possible.

Devlin vs Sabre Jr was white hot and stiff as hell. Jordan is doing some great work at the moment. I enjoyed Zack heeling it up too.

Overall a great card, a great crowd and a great night. Thanks to OTT for knocking out of the park again.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

There was a lad going along the queue interviewing people for a documentary about the National Stadium, I spoke to him for a bit but forgot to ask what the name would be or how we'd be able to see it. Don't suppose anyone got the name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Didn’t get to make it in the end. Raging, but will catch it on VOD when it’s put up, hopefully by next weekend.

• Advertisement

Joey went bananas at the lads that threw the pints, ran down as soon as he saw it and got security over to them. When they refused to leave he was hanging over the barrier shouting at them to get out. Fair play to him for it, you don't throw **** at the wrestlers (the pints Charlie Sterling threw were planted).

Judging by him being on Twitter it looks like B Cool is ok. The bump he took on his head/neck looked seriously bad. I still wasn't sure if it was a worked injury spot when he was leaving but if it was worked then things like Paul Tracy running down from the talent deck to check what happened really made me think it was legit.

Overall really good card, nothing 5 stars or complete blow away (the best Matt Riddle match I've seen at OTT is still vs Kyle O Reilly) but really solid wrestling aside from the women's match which would have been fine for a Tivoli show but not so much for Scrappermania.

The Angel Cruzers promo video could easily have been cringy rubbish but the absurdity of it was incredible. So good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I was really pleased with how they paced the show out compared to previous... very little fat on it. Also no going into the crowd which was great.

If they got the intermission down to 15 minutes that would be great.

Just seen Suzuki and Ishii in the airport. Didn’t approach them though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Sorry to have missed the last few OTT shows and Scrappermania. Sounded great last night.

out of interest and slightly O/T whatever happened to Ryan Smile?

Sorry to have missed the last few OTT shows and Scrappermania. Sounded great last night.

out of interest and slightly O/T whatever happened to Ryan Smile?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/7rxijg/ryan_smile_on_twitter_amongst_a_series_of_other/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ah... :eek:

Hopefully he'll get back to his best and return sometime. He was a fantastic performer.

Anyone got a good video of Angel pulling out the gun?

Anyone got a good video of Angel pulling out the gun?

Best one I've seen so far. https://twitter.com/HashtagLowBlows/status/995408840924585986?s=19

• Advertisement

That's excellent, thank you!

Advertisement