Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

(the pints Charlie Sterling threw were planted).

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Even though throwing stuff at the wrestlers is obviously not on I got soaked by Sterling throwing beer at Homecoming in February so fu*k 'em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I think the Rapture would’ve been delighted with getting beer thrown on them tbh. All part of their c*nty act. The fella who did it was drunk and obnoxious as F though and had smuggled in a full bottle of spirits so he deserved it.

A few of my friends brought their girlfriends who have no understanding of the business along to the Tivoli once. This was while they were still doing cans and they all sat together on the stools in front of the commentary desk away from the lads chatting away wondering when Hulk Hogan was going to come out.

Sterling went over and stuck his leg out of the ring and kicked all the cans/drink belonging to various people who had left their drinks along the ledge there in front of them all over the girls just minutes into the show leaving them absolutely soaked for the night.

We had to explain to them that this was part of what they call "getting heat" in the business and there is nothing they can do. Charlie could spit in their faces and there's nothing they can do as he is "working". They didn't go to the Tivoli again as they don't understand our sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

showpony1 wrote: »
    their girlfriends [...] wondering when Hulk Hogan was going to come out.

Sterling went over and stuck his leg out of the ring and kicked all the cans/drink belonging to various people who had left their drinks along the ledge there in front of them all over the girls just minutes into the show leaving them absolutely soaked for the night.

Ah here. There's good heat and "these people are done with wrestling" heat :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ThePott

Revolution VI, CCW's show on June 2nd has really come together in the last few days. Card looks strong enough too:

Ricky Combat v Justy v Lewis Girvan v Danny The Beast for the vacant heavyweight title

Armstrongs (c) v Rough Stuff for the tag titles

Raven Creed (c) v Debbie Kietel for the Women's

Vic Viper (c) v Bruiser for the All-Star title

Paul Tracey v Doug Williams

There's also a 20-man Danno Mahoney Memorial battle royal

One of the things I found very interesting though is that they've teased Joseph Conners cashing-in at the event. So don't know how that will play out.

Anyone heading to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

So what's the verdict on WWE pulling any talent that are signed to their weird UK contracts in response to the new ITV show? Meltzer is reporting there's been 20 new people signed as well as the previous people (British Strong Style, Devlin etc). I'm hoping it doesn't affect OTT as their name was thrown around with Progress and ICW last year when these contracts first appeared.
    WON:

Revolution Pro is no longer allowed to use any wrestler signed to a WWE U.K. deal. I presume that would also mean a lot of other promotions have found the same thing out. Defiant Pro is out as are all promotions that have a decent distribution or a streaming service, other than Progress or ICW, which have financial ties to WWE. It was a clear eventuality that anyone who understood the game would have known was coming, no matter how many times it was denied at first.
    Rev Pro are no longer allowed to use WWE UK guys

WWE have signed roughly 20 new performers to keep them away from ITV ( Toni Storm, Joe Coffey, Zach Gibson, Dave Mastiff, El Ligero, Travis Bahks, Chris Brookes, Jinny, Kenny Williams, Flash Morgan Webster and Eddie Dennis are named)

12 of the 20 were originally scheduled to work for ITV

WWE can back out of the contract at the 4 or 8 month mark (Dave doesn't say this, but to me that suggests if WoS flops, the UK division is no longer a priority)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

They both have great rosters that’s for sure.
    The whole thing of WWE being able to let people go on the 4/8 month mark, mainly if WOS flops, reeks of ‘We’re doing this to spite you’.

That's something I was wondering about. If maybe the reason CCW were teasing Conners cashing in on June 2nd was because once the
    UK tourney starts that they'll no longer have access to him and maybe they want to wrap up his story while they can.

A lot of very middle of the road UK talent being signed up by WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I would guess to say OTT is safe, wouldn't be surprised if they were also getting financial aid from WWE. Progress, ICW and OTT to my knowledge out of all the UK and Irish promotions WWE had arrangements with are the only 3 that have had appearences from WWE's main roster (Steph, HHH, Balor) also OTT are advertising just announced Tyler Bate as a replacement for Trent Seven for an upcoming show so I wouldn't worry for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Isn't Joey an intermediary for the WWE and acts as an agent/ scout for the guys getting signed? (Like Alex Shane used to do?)

I think Joey Mercury was a road agent at one stage, don't think he is now though.

CCW are holding a press conference on Friday at 7pm at the Commons Inn ahead of their show on June 2nd and they invited fans and media, so it's free to attend if anyone is in the area and interested.

Looks like they're gonna add a deathmatch to the card too between Lycan and Lee Cahalane.
    Seen Lycan in a deathmatch with Jimmy Havoc before, it was both upsetting and awesome. :eek:

ThePott wrote: »
    I think Joey Mercury was a road agent at one stage, don't think he is now though.

I meant Joey as in Joe Cabray, sorry

brianblaze wrote: »
    I meant Joey as in Joe Cabray, sorry

Ah right, sorry my mistake. Don't why I jumped to Joey Mercury :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

OTT running only 2-3 shows in Tivoli for the rest of the year https://mobile.twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/1000276102034620418

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

If anyone selling seated tickets for the OTT June 2nd show gladly take them off you. Thanks.

oneilla wrote: »
    OTT running only 2-3 shows in Tivoli for the rest of the year https://mobile.twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/1000276102034620418

they've only done 1 to date this year also - I miss the monthly Tivoli shows (and cans).
    I think its already expected that august and Dec will be in the stadium so I wonder what they will do in Sept/Nov shows - hopefully not Suir road.

showpony1 wrote: »
    they've only done 1 to date this year also - I miss the monthly Tivoli shows (and cans).
    I think its already expected that august and Dec will be in the stadium so I wonder what they will do in Sept/Nov shows - hopefully not Suir road.

I really wish it was possible to do wrestling in The Academy! Would be a great venue

brianblaze wrote: »
    I really wish it was possible to do wrestling in The Academy! Would be a great venue
    ICW had a show there a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

oneilla wrote: »
    ICW had a show there a few years ago.

What was the setup like? Id say the Academy wouldnt be too cheap to rent tho

What was the setup like? Id say the Academy wouldnt be too cheap to rent tho

Wasn't there I'm afraid. I'd assume setup would have been similar to the Tivoli with the ring on the floor, seats around it.

Iirc tickets were about 30 bob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Lads academy was bad for that show. the balcony gets in the way. they have struck gold with the tivoli pity it wont last much longer. next best bet is a big hotel function room. burlington hotel (eg) holds 1200 which would be perfect to replace the tivoli shows.... but its the wrong side of town. vicar st is perfect too

Academy is actually cheap enough to hire, depending on the night, but yeah it's such a bad layout for wrestling. Great little place for noise and atmosphere though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Vicar street would be fantastic, but I reckon running monthly saturday gigs would be tough to book

Full card for Revolution VI is up
    33963886_1765836206795269_1560482178368798720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=0713e63b3fe59f9d0a40c0b37b39941f&oe=5B79ED2A

Also if it happens that you're not going to OTT and are looking for tickets then some of the wrestlers are running competitions to win tickets and I'd say your odds are good if you enter :pac:

emma_ravencreed on Instagram
    Danny The Beast Butler's fb page
    The Armstrongs - Tag Team fb or insta
    @DebbieKeitel on twitter

Those are the ones I've seen anway

Went to the Fight Factory Pro show tonight in Sean O'Casey Community centre. Very good show. Justy and Valkyrie had a great match. J Money looked great against Phil Boyd - can't be long until he's in OTT I'd imagine, he's improved a lot in 6 months.

Anyone here go to these shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Looking at videos from FFPW’s show, some amount of chipboard put into that Sean O’Casey Community Centre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Really enjoyed the show, the school has produced some fantastic new blood with Dmitri Krakoviv, Club Rocky Shandy and J Money. The two guys first match at the start Fabio and Daniels, was fantastic for their very first match

• Advertisement

Club Rock Shandy and More than Hype had a fantastic match actually. Latter half was a total spotfest but I was enthralled.

Also: great to see Sean Guinness!

Advertisement