Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic lights near the crescent

• 10-06-2011 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Anyone else use these traffic lights when walking and get beeped at by motorists to cross the road when the green man isn't on? I use these almost every day, they're just past the Ballykeeffe roundabout, and without fail at least once or twice a week some goon will beep at me to cross the road because the lights are red at their side. Do they not realise that there is a junction coming out of Ballykeeffe estate and another one at the opposite side coming out of St Pauls nursing home that cars can come out of and possibly mow me and my two small children down? And if I did cross over half way the lights are on a sensor so if there is no one standing either side waiting to cross the green man doesn't come on, so I am stuck in the middle of the road. Granted if I was on my only I probally would chance it, but with a small toddler and a baby in a buggy do people honestly expect me to risk their lives all for the sake of a few seconds more waiting at the lights. Rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Dam those drivers trying to be nice, dam them down to hell!

Advertisement