Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Fabricator looking for work in Oz - A couple of questions

Options
  • 10-06-2011 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you could perhaps shed some light on the metal fabrication / welding industry in Oz?
    Myself and my boyf are moving to Melbourne on August 24th on the WHV.
    He is a qualified metal fabricator / welder and has 9 yrs experience (apart from the 4yrs apprenticeship) on site / off site.

We have been scowering Oz job sites and 99% say you require your own tools.Does anyone know if tools are expensive to buy in Oz? We dont really wana go down the route of shipping stuff over until we know for definite that we will stay more permanently.
    Also, i read somewhere that he will need to have his skills tested?Is this true?How does he go about doing that?
    Also, will employers look for qualifications certs?

Apologies for all the questions but we just want to ensure we have everything in order.
    Although we fly into Melbourne, we would be more than willing to head elsewhere in Oz if the right job opportunity came about.

Thanks in advance:D

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement