Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omething to do this weekend

Options
  • 10-06-2011 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭

Myself and the girlfriend are heading into town for the day tomorrow, we're going to head to the pictures at some point in the day but I'm looking for something fun to do before it. Any suggestions? Not too keen on the Wax museum and we went to the Guinness tour not too long ago. I'm struggling to think of anything else!

(its supposed to say something in the title :o)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

You could take the Luas down to the Docklands - was down there recently myself, went on the Dublin Eye, then popped into the Gibson Hotel after for a drinkie on their terrace, if the weather is nice tomorrow that would be a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Never even thought of that! Is there anything else around the O2 other than The eye? What's in that point village??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Journey and Foreigner are on in the 02 tomorrow, im sure you could grab a couple of tickets outside

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Never even thought of that! Is there anything else around the O2 other than The eye? What's in that point village??

When I was down there, a small funfair with a few different rides was beside the wheel... Not sure if its still there though. Also, the Kil Arne? Boat is just up the road... and its a nice spot for a bite to eat or else a drink on the deck if the weather is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

temply wrote: »
    When I was down there, a small funfair with a few different rides was beside the wheel... Not sure if its still there though. Also, the Kil Arne? Boat is just up the road... and its a nice spot for a bite to eat or else a drink on the deck if the weather is nice
    http://www.mvcillairne.com/

Often you will see a seal or two swimming beside it!!Cool to see that in a capital city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Viking Splash tour is a good laugh. Get too see a fair bit of Dublin on it.
    Weather might be nice enough, so grab food to take away and sit in Merrion Square park?
    Taste of Dublin is on in Iveagh Gardens if yee like food.

Viking Splash has been on my to-do list for a while actually but I'll probably wait and bring the little sisters on that!

The Taste of Dublin could be good also! I'll probably head down to that at some point alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Viking Splash has been on my to-do list for a while actually but I'll probably wait and bring the little sisters on that!

The Taste of Dublin could be good also! I'll probably head down to that at some point alright

If you want to join today we have spare tickets in our group outing with 10% discount! Its an adults only outing departing at 6pm. Should be good craic!

Skinfull wrote: »
    If you want to join today we have spare tickets in our group outing with 10% discount! Its an adults only outing departing at 6pm. Should be good craic!

Thanks very much for the offer but I reckon we'll be in the pics be that time! Heading in now, the docklands is deffo going to be hit up! Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I googled "omething to do" and found this thread. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Leprechaun museum!

Advertisement