Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Irish Paper 1 AND II (Gnáthleibheal) predictions & discussion * (1 thread please)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 CF_Hoop

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can get away with learning just 1 of these ? The same way you can with the Irish story and get 48/60 marks ?

Finding it hard learning a good few of them :(

Thanks
    Best thing to do is just learn the phrases! I turn every conversation into an argument and use all the phrases our teacher gave us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Am i the only one whos planning on cramming irish at lunch? Not counting it toward points like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 daex

If your aiming for an A
    how much should you write for the 2 (60 mark) questions ?
    A teacher in my school said 60 words at least, but i'm not sure.
    She also said that if it's two short they immediately dock you25% of the marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 daex

dambarude wrote: »
    Please don't be insulted... I've corrected this in case anybody wants to learn it.
    It's a nice intro/end.
    ahahah thanks! My spelling in irish is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭galwayman17..

Am i the only one whos planning on cramming irish at lunch? Not counting it toward points like.

yeah man im doin the same. bin doin maths mostly cuz i need it for entry requirements. till be grand anyway! hopefully! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭conormccarthy92

just got out of that . such a breeze after honours maths . still hav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭GregoryNimmo

Anyone got any tipes for ordinary aural??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Written paper was lovely! Makes a change from the HL JC paper (I cried during it :o) I was finished in an hour and a half, and did three compositions.

The aural was awful!! Can anyone tell me how much it's worth overall. I had an alright oral, good enough paper 1, terrible aural and I'm dreading paper 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

Aoifums wrote: »
    Written paper was lovely! Makes a change from the HL JC paper (I cried during it :o) I was finished in an hour and a half, and did three compositions.

The aural was awful!! Can anyone tell me how much it's worth overall. I had an alright oral, good enough paper 1, terrible aural and I'm dreading paper 2.

It's worth 16.6% I think (something like that anyway :P). My aural was a diaster too! No problem with the rest of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Ahh I know the aural! I hate the ridiculous voices of the people on it. I've NEVER heard anyone who sounded anything like the people in the Irish oral. Does anyone actually sound like that? God knows what they were saying :pac:

Yeah, the reading comp on John Hume was really handy, already knew everything from history class. Also, why were all the ages in the comps like this: 'He was not even [but?] 27 years old'. What? That was clearly just to confuse us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

Why the Northern Irish accents though they hammer me everytime in the aurals ...seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

I was finished after 40 mins, done 3 essays. Why do they make this so easy and honours so fúcking hard?!

babynice wrote: »
    It's worth 16.6% I think (something like that anyway :P). My aural was a diaster too! No problem with the rest of it though.

Thanks. I'll be lucky to pick up 5% from it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 2K11

I'm like a few people here, I did a very good Paper 1 (Which I wasn't expecting) and when I turned up for the listening I completely lost focus and didn't know much about it :(

How much is a blow to not pass the listening and will this come back to haunt me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Poor Susan Boyle. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mel_!

what pass poems does everyone think is coming up?,, and pro's?,, i have soooooooooo much to do,, cant remember the last time i looked at the stair!,, having business 2moro is so annoying :(

flyaway. wrote: »
    Poor Susan Boyle. :(

What was said about her? I picked up 'romhar' and that was it. Why didn't they like Simon Cowel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

So my ridiculously incompetent Irish teacher insisted on covering the pros roghnach instead of the arguably much simpler pros ainmnithe. I've heard examiners say that in a correcting session they would get through 300-odd papers and not see ONE pros roghnach answer.

This of course creates reams of problems; where to find good notes for a start, all the leaving cert sites cover ainmnithe!

Anyone else doing pros roghnach? And what sites have good notes?

What was said about her? I picked up 'romhar' and that was it. Why didn't they like Simon Cowel?

They didn't like her because she was fat and wore old fashioned clothes when she first came to audition.

And Simon wasn't nice to the contestants or something like that.

flyaway. wrote: »
    They didn't like her because she was fat and wore old fashioned clothes when she first came to audition.

And Simon wasn't nice to the contestants or something like that.

I think I got the not nice thing. Deas = nice, right? :o

• Advertisement

I think I got the not nice thing. Deas = nice, right? :o

Well that's what I wrote down too so I hope so! Hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Whiskey757

Ok so what do I cram for tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Thank god I dropped down in irish, relieves some stress doing 8 subjects.
    Though our invigilator wants a note whenever you drop down. She handed us all our papers and I put my hand up and said "Oh wait I dropped"
    A 10 min hunt for the principal ensued. He then sent me to a different teacher who apparently writes the notes. Then, she sent me back the principal. Who then suddenly remembered that he does indeed write the notes.
    25 mins late, I started my first ordinary level exam :p
    Was very easy I thought. Takes off so much stress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 underworld11

hey guys can u help me??

i did the paper 1 today and i did the sceal.
    the title was dilseacht
    and in the exam i didnt have a clue what it meant..
    so i wrote my short story i had prepared anyway...

will i get any marks?????

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DJGxC

What type of questions do you get asked in paper 2? I don't have exam papers and I'm hopeless at Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DJGxC

hey guys can u help me??

the title was dilseacht

I did that in the mocks. 0 marks =[ but maybe he or she will give you pity marks =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

hey guys can u help me??

the title was dilseacht

Did your essay have anything to do with loyalty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

hey guys can u help me??

the title was dilseacht

If you wrote a short story under the short story section which had nothing to do with the line given the most you will lose is 9 marks out of the 60 you may also lose 3 for the task but am not one hundred present sure on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

If you wrote a short story under the short story section which had nothing to do with the line given the most you will lose is 9 marks out of the 60 you may also lose 3 for the task but am not one hundred present sure on that!

surely it's more than that? or most people would learn off a bog-standard, grammatically perfect essay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

who has predictions for the poems and stories in paper 2?

Advertisement