Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Irish Paper 1 AND II (Gnáthleibheal) predictions & discussion * (1 thread please)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ciff

How much is paper 2 worth of the whole thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    surely it's more than that? or most people would learn off a bog-standard, grammatically perfect essay.

Yep it's true (check the marking scheme if you don't believe me).

But in general paper one is marked most on the Irish you use rather than the information.

Paper two is based more on the information you give than the Irish.

Didn't mean to put the light bulb up top.... My finger slipped and I can't take it off now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 CF_Hoop

How many pages did people do for the passages in Paper 1? (OL)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

for both the 60 markers I did 1.5 -2 pages
    am done for tomorrow though:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ciff

Paper 2 isn't worth that much though is it? Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 alltakennamess

ciff wrote: »

I think its only like 17 or 18% dont take my word for it though!

ciff wrote: »

110 marks! Fairly easy to pick them up too! Hope Bimse Buan and Cearrbhach come up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dodgybarnet

I think I did good in Paper 1 and the oral but havent studied once for Paper 2. Its only 17% so im going to dodge it so i can study Business all tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

What :eek: Leathleathanach means nothing to you!? I spelled that wrong, didn't I :o
    Our teacher told us 17-19 lines! I felt awesome for writing nearly an A4 page for the sceal.

Aoifums wrote: »
    What :eek: Leathleathanach means nothing to you!? I spelled that wrong, didn't I :o
    Our teacher told us 17-19 lines! I felt awesome for writing nearly an A4 page for the sceal.

I done 2 pages on "is aoibhionn liom sport", 2 pages on the conversation and a page on the story. My teacher told me that, the more Irish you show and how you get across your understanding the better. She said write as much as you can!

• Advertisement

Our teachers tell us nearly 2 pages for the A1 lol:o
    (you didnt spell it wrong I dont think :p )

I hope cearrbach and lig sinn i gcathu stay away from me tomorrow I'll scream
    Jack , Gealt , La Bui bealtaine agus an Bean Og better come up , or at least fiche bliain ag fas

Oh my god!! I can't believe we weren't told that :eek: I'd have stretched out everything if I had known that :( Bloody hell! He said 17-19 lines was all they were looking for and you could get high grades just from that.

If ya do cursa Ainmnithe you dont do Cursa Roghnach yeah? or no?

Oh my god!! I can't believe we weren't told that :eek: I'd have stretched out everything if I had known that :( Bloody hell! He said 17-19 lines was all they were looking for and you could get high grades just from that.

Don't worry if its quality Irish you'll get your marks
    mine though I just tried to get out a lot of Vocab because my quality is not the strongest

It's not really to be honest :o I'm ****e at Irish so it's kinda below average. I learned off my timpiste last night and I could have learned off a two page version just as easily if I had known :mad:

Well I am fairly capable of writing Irish so I just wanted to show it! Think I got an A in my oral! So I'm heading for a B1, but I really want an A! For tomorrow I just hope everything falls into place. Regarding your paper one I'm sure if your 17-19 lines were packed with good Irish you'll do well.

If ya do cursa Ainmnithe you dont do Cursa Roghnach yeah? or no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Chill Aoifums... :rolleyes:

Many resources tell us do half a page.

"Quality NOT Quantity."

Irish is not an exception to this seanfhocal. :)

Good luck tomorrow everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭No.5

Any one is there any point learning Jack?:/
    Teacher said we could get away with leaving it out, but i don't trust her :O
    Hoping for Gealt tbh, it's the easiest.

Paper 1 was grand, sweating it in case it changes with this one :o

Do you have to do both cursa ainmnithe and roghnach or do you chose one ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭No.5

You choose one :)

That question should tell you how many of these papers we've done in class. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Im sh!te at Irish, which is bad after 14 years of learning it, I actully retained more sudying for my conversation with the examiner than the past year in Irish.

most of my sentences were just
    "is maith liom an, is fuath liom, is fear , cheannaigh me etc..."
    and after the unaudiable accents of the Aural, I need a few marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

Finished Paper 2 after 35 minutes. The look on the HL students as I left haha.

I did Clare sa Spéir, An Bhean Óg, Gealt and Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa.

Needless to say I have my saoirse agus faoiseamh now.

NEVER have to study Irish AGAIN!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Finished after about an hour. It was easy enough! Very like our mocks I thought, which I had a B in so hoping for the same again. So glad to be finished with Irish!

Amazing paper. I flew through it and I was happy with it, which I never thought I would say. I did Fiche Blian ag Fas, An Cearrbhach Mac Caba, Gealt and Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa.
    I looked over priomhsmaointe and iomha for Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa in the car this morning :D Sweet!

There were three OL students sitting in a triangle today, none of us wanting to be the first to leave. The look on my supervisor's face when I handed up my paper was awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

Finished after 80 minutes. Irish is my only OL subject so I won't be counting it for points. Answered on Clare sa Speir, Lig Sinn i gCathu, Gealt?, and obvs Faoiseamh :)

Was completely zoned out though, wrote absolute rubbish for the last question >.<

Michael_E wrote: »
    wrote absolute rubbish for the last question >.<

so did the poet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

higgz wrote: »
    Finished Paper 2 after 35 minutes. The look on the HL students as I left haha.

I did Clare sa Spéir, An Bhean Óg, Gealt and Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa.

Needless to say I have my saoirse agus faoiseamh now.

NEVER have to study Irish AGAIN!!!!!!!! :D

Wahey, same questions, same opinion as ya!

Except, it took me an embarassing 55 minutes to complete, the shame! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

My incompetent teacher did the pros roghnach with us and I forgot the title AND author of my dráma! Came back to me just in time but who teaches roghnach?? It's MUCH riskier!!!

Advertisement