Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Irish Paper 1 AND II (Gnáthleibheal) predictions & discussion * (1 thread please)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

i loved that paper :) and i was dreading it last night because i wasn't too pushed about studying for it but at the end of the day i knew it was only 110 out of 600 so it was grand, but you still wouldn't get an A without it, but i dont know will i get an A:P got 83% in my mock, and im happy with the two papers, dont know would my oral bring it up or down but i was happy with it too but we shall see!! answered Clare, Cearrbhach, Gealt and Faoiseamh and i stuck it out for most of the exam just because i wanted to get my grammer, spelling etc right.....after all it is my only shot at it so i thought i might aswel stick it out:D so we all wrote about Oxegen yesterday with the "wellies" essay did we??!!!!;) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Fbjm wrote: »
    My incompetent teacher did the pros roghnach with us and I forgot the title AND author of my dráma!
    Remind me how exactly that makes your teacher incompetent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Duda17

sligo. wrote: »
    i loved that paper :) and i was dreading it last night because i wasn't too pushed about studying for it but at the end of the day i knew it was only 110 out of 600 so it was grand, but you still wouldn't get an A without it, but i dont know will i get an A:P got 83% in my mock, and im happy with the two papers, dont know would my oral bring it up or down but i was happy with it too but we shall see!! answered Clare, Cearrbhach, Gealt and Faoiseamh and i stuck it out for most of the exam just because i wanted to get my grammer, spelling etc right.....after all it is my only shot at it so i thought i might aswel stick it out:D so we all wrote about Oxegen yesterday with the "wellies" essay did we??!!!!;) haha

No wrote about getting kicked by a cow in a field but don't worry the ambulance arrived quickly! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

I don't think they specifically wrote about wellies and sleeping bags and expect no one to talk about Oxegen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

sligo. wrote: »
    so we all wrote about Oxegen yesterday with the "wellies" essay did we??!!!!;) haha

Timpiste :p Isn't it awful how, no matter what essay I write, I always end up being knocked down by a van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Aoifums wrote: »
    Timpiste :p Isn't it awful how, no matter what essay I write, I always end up being knocked down by a van.

I did the other standard...

Mammy and Daddy were gone for the weekend. I was alone. GO TOBANN! I heard a noise! blah blah, hit a robber with a hurl! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Sparkie93

lol just realised we didnt have to do both pros :o my teacher was shockingly bad dont know how i got c2 in mocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

jumpguy wrote: »
    Remind me how exactly that makes your teacher incompetent?

Tracing the damn roghnach course :/ NO textbooks, NO notes, NO competence I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Every single one of us did the "Wellies" essay.
    Only one of us actually went camping/reached our destination. The rest of us were stricken down with horrible accidents and natural disasters. It's a wonder we don't see more buildings collapsing when you go to buy water.

what.to.do wrote: »
    I did the other standard...

Mammy and Daddy were gone for the weekend. I was alone. GO TOBANN! I heard a noise! blah blah, hit a robber with a hurl! :P
    One lad in our class does GO TOBANN everything.
    GO TOBANN d'ol me uisce.
    Agus tar eis seo, GO TOBANN, casacht me.
    Agus tar eis seo, GO TOBANN, deist me ar an radio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ciff

I didn't do paper 2 and got told by my classmates that it means I automatically fail Irish. I think they are having me on but can anyone please clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

ciff wrote: »
    I didn't do paper 2 and got told by my classmates that it means I automatically fail Irish. I think they are having me on but can anyone please clarify?
    Well your chances are slim and none, put it that way.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Well your chances are slim and none, put it that way.
    my chances are failing are slim and none?

That what you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

You get zero marks for paper two, you don't automatically fail but you certainly aren't helping yourself. Why didn't you do it?

You get zero marks for paper two, you don't automatically fail but you certainly aren't helping yourself. Why didn't you do it?
    Because I hd nothing done for it whatsoever and was concentrating on business. I heard it's only worth 15% though.

Can anyone clarify how much paper 2 is worth overall? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 john1741

For pass its 18.3%
    Honours is something around 30% but I dont do it so going by what I heard this morning
    Was done in an hour, think I did enough to pass paper 2

"Where was the gealt sitting?"
    Oh god please don't insult my intelligence :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

That Irish exam overall was so so so easy...be devastated if i didnt get at least a b1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

my paper 2
    Fiche Blian ag Fas
    (i) Summary of the story
    (ii) Tomas is a fool,
    I like him because x 2

Cearbhach Mac Caba
    (i) themeat the start then - Summary of the Story - theme at the end

Gealt
    (i) short qustions
    (ii)2 images, him on the bus, jumping into doctors arms
    (iii) short qustions
    (iv) yes i like it, reasons

feasaoimh a geobhdsa
    Is maith leis an file, is fuath leis an life in city, images etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 daex

Because I hd nothing done for it whatsoever and was concentrating on business. I heard it's only worth 15% though.
    You probably would've picked up a few marks though,like the poems are actually on the page

daex wrote: »
    You probably would've picked up a few marks though,like the poems are actually on the page
    :(

paper 1 was fabulous though, through in mó coinneileadh etc. comprehension were very good. did a good tape and oral as well. should have passed it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

:(

paper 1 was fabulous though, through in mó coinneileadh etc. comprehension were very good. did a good tape and oral as well. should have passed it anyway.

you will of course pass it! but you should have attempted paper two really, like i mean anyone would have answered all the questions on Gealt, even on Faoiseamh and make a silly hash at a made up summary of 2 stories :p you cant go back now but not to worry, if everything else was done really well you could actually come out with a B :) i laughed at all those comments there about the essays haha, i'm loving the humour tonight as i have yucky french tommorrow!!!! :( :L

Advertisement