Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat pregnant

• 10-06-2011 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi
    My cat is 10 months old and Ive noticed her belly is huge ad her nipples swollen i havn't brought her to the vet but i no for sure she is pregnant. I also have two other cats which are nuetured havnt had the money to get the other one nuetured yet. Is it possible for the ispca to take the kittens away once there old enough or will they take the cat before she has the kittens? Im in galway so it will be the gspca I contact. Anyone know what I should do cant afford to have anymore cats and dont know anyone who wants a kitten. The cat that is pregnant belongs to my other cat which is a stray. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If you can't afford to neuter her, it's pointless to let her have the kittens and hope for surrender or rehoming because you'll just end up in the same position in six months.

Call around the shelters or the pound and surrender her.

(How does one of your cats belong to another one of your cats?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

xxtrazaxx wrote: »
    Hi
    The cat that is pregnant belongs to my other cat which is a stray. Any help is appreciated.
    I am guessing the OP means that the pregnant kitty is a grown up kitten of the cat which is a stray.
    You can NEVER not afford to neuter a cat!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Look up Galway Cat Rescue on Facebook, they may be able to help you with rehoming. You should at least make some contribution to her neutering if they agree to help you though, as they're only a bunch of volunteers themselves.

Advertisement