Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

QUICKEST way to RESEED a paddock ??

• 10-06-2011 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

I need to reseed a paddock but need to get cows back grazing on it again as soon as possible. I was thinking of going this route....
    Spray with round up......leave about 10 days and graze ???? Not sure how cows will react to this brown grass !!!. Then plough, disc etc as usual. Hope to spray about 14 days after seeding.
    What is shortest number of days the paddock is out of action ?? That is from day cows leave until they come back to the new grass ????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

zetorman wrote: »
    I need to reseed a paddock but need to get cows back grazing on it again as soon as possible. I was thinking of going this route....
    Spray with round up......leave about 10 days and graze ???? Not sure how cows will react to this brown grass !!!. Then plough, disc etc as usual. Hope to spray about 14 days after seeding.
    What is shortest number of days the paddock is out of action ?? That is from day cows leave until they come back to the new grass ????????

look up guttler greenmaster on dondeal, you will see contractors advertising it, might be a quicker way of doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭countryjimbo

Would chain harrowing be a good alternative to ploughing if the field did not need leveling?
    The chain harrow should break the surface enough to allow the seed to take and the field would recover much quicker.

We followed the traditional route of ploughing and power harrowing a field last year (May), and it resulted in the top layer of soil being very loose when taking silage off it. Now the field was reclaimed bog (30 years ago), I'm sure clay land would give much different results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

spray with round-up or glyphos spray today stitch in grass seed tommorow, roll,spead slurry on it then. you are cutting out 10 days waiting.works fine for grass seed and kale.

Advertisement