Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really nervous

• 10-06-2011 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

I'm usually quite laid back with exams but for maths today I am absolutely shítting it! I was convinced I was going to have a panic attack last night and I'm constantly on the verge of tears!

I do honours and did terribly in the mocks (D2, which is not my usual standard!) and although I have done work since, I haven't done loads.

Any tips for keeping cool?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Music. Headphones in. Block out everything. Get relaxed before you go in! Dont worry, these exams believe it or not arent the end of the world.
    So sit back, music on. Chin up. You got this shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'm usually quite laid back with exams but for maths today I am absolutely shítting it! I was convinced I was going to have a panic attack last night and I'm constantly on the verge of tears!

I do honours and did terribly in the mocks (D2, which is not my usual standard!) and although I have done work since, I haven't done loads.

Any tips for keeping cool?!

I got a D2 in my LC mocks too! *high five*
    I'm now finishing up my maths phd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Ficheall wrote: »
    I got a D2 in my LC mocks too! *high five*
    I'm now finishing up my maths phd.
    THIS.
    You need not worry! You can do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

If you feel yourself panicking and find you can't think of anything (happens to me all the time in maths, scraped a d1 in the mocks..), write something to get your mind flowing - your six times tables, even. Get's the brain working again!

Advertisement