Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadband East Clare

Options
  • 10-06-2011 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭

is the ogonnelloe exchange to be enabled at any time? All other parishes and towns in east clare (12-15) are enabled, yet this one isn't?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ablelocks wrote: »
    is the ogonnelloe exchange to be enabled at any time? All other parishes and towns in east clare (12-15) are enabled, yet this one isn't?

Hi ablelocks,

I checked with our broadband rollout team and I am afraid there is no indication as yet as to if and when the ogonnelloe in Clare wll be broadband enabled.

Apologies, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Hi ablelocks,

I checked with our broadband rollout team and I am afraid there is no indication as yet as to if and when the ogonnelloe in Clare wll be broadband enabled.

Apologies, Mark

thanks for the reply Mark, but it doesn't make sense to me that we are surrounded by parishes and towns that are enabled and this one area isn't? Is there any particular reason for not enabling this exchange? People within 1 mile of me have eircom broadband? Surely it can't be a technical issue if every other exchange in east clare is enabled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

thanks for the reply Mark, but it doesn't make sense to me that we are surrounded by parishes and towns that are enabled and this one area isn't? Is there any particular reason for not enabling this exchange? People within 1 mile of me have eircom broadband? Surely it can't be a technical issue if every other exchange in east clare is enabled?

Hi ablelocks,

There could be a number of factors as to why an exchange has not been broadband enabled.

The main reasons are usually the capability of the exchange (In terms of the work that needs to be done to insure the exchange can handle the broadband service)

Also the surrounding network is taken into account, if the existing telephone network is at a level that if and when the exchange can be broadband enabled is there enough lines within that exchange that would be able to handle DSL.

This may have to be improved before addressing the exchange.

Although the broadband roll-out team are trying to enable as many exchanges as possible nation-wide for the broadband service. They will not outline the exact reasons why an area or exchange has not been enabled.

As broadband is not a service we can guarantee, the stance is "broadband work is ongoing and if and when an area is due to be broadband enabled customers within that exchange will be advised".

I know this does not answer your query in detail or gives any definitive indication as to when the situation might change.

I will let you know if there is any developments in the future.

Thanks, Mark

so 2 and a half years later, and the exchange still isn't enabled.  Can someone check with the "broadband roll out team" please.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

so 2 and a half years later, and the exchange still isn't enabled.  Can someone check with the "broadband roll out team" please.  
    I am afraid we have no development on this exchange ablelocks.
    Tony

• Advertisement

I am afraid we have no development on this exchange ablelocks.
    Tony
    a more comprehensive explanation would be appreciated.  Is it a technical or commercial issue?  

bump for a response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

bump for a response.

Hi ablelocks

I can understand you would appreciate an explanation to this however we are unable to offer reasons for eircom infrastructural or operational decisions on specific exchanges or specific aspects of its network I'm afraid.
    I've looked through this thread and I can confirm that the most insight we can offer you on this is found in post #4 created by mark.

Thanks

Al

a 3 year old answer response that didn't give much information to start with isn't much of an "insight".  plus ca change, plus ca la meme chose eh?  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

a 3 year old answer response that didn't give much information to start with isn't much of an "insight".  plus ca change, plus ca la meme chose eh?  
    Hi ablelocks

I can understand your feeling on this however the situation remains the same and we have no furtehr news as to when this exchange will be enabled.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement