Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Parental Control (Second Hand Xbox)

Options
  • 10-06-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I bought a second hand xbox on adverts a while back and there is a parental lock on it, I contact the seller but he appears to have gone MIA (possibly to do with the fact the xbox didnt come with everything listed in the ad :rolleyes:)

There is a parental lock on it, I'm not exactly sure how restricting it is.. I was allowed play black-ops, and play it online but I'd prefer to just get rid of the thing.

Anyone know the best way going about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Are you using an account that came with the console? If so then the only way to do it would be to set up a new account.

If not then it's family settings then you'll have to call support to get the reset key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

You can reset the settings by pressing a combination of buttons

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showpost.php?p=5553816&postcount=4

Edit: Just tested this didn't seem to work, I remember there is a different combination that resets the console entirely as if new

Try this http://mihirknows.blogspot.com/2011/05/solved-reset-family-setting-on-xbox-360.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭AndywK

Right I will try explain this the easiest way possible.

First go to System Settings -> Console Settings -> System Info and make sure it is showing the page which displays your Console ID and Serial Number.

Now on this page there is a special code your enter. The first 6 digits of the code will be the same on every Xbox in the world. Its the last 4 digits that change.

On this screen type in LT,RT,X,Y,LB,RB,X,X,A,X.

If this doesent work note the first 6 digits (Lt -> Rb) and then after you enter them try a different variation of the last 4. So e.g. X,X,UP,A

Eventually one will work for you. Also the last 4 digits can only contain the D Pad, X ,A,Y

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If that doesnt work, remove your HDD, go to systems settings and call up xbox support, they'll give you the unique 4 digit code, and thats you sorted.

Advertisement