Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

world's greatest granny - a new world record

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

My granny has a 17 year old great grandchild and she's just turned 75. So theoretically she could be a great-great-granny soon (although hopefully not!) but she's in poor health so it's unlikely.
    She was a granny at 38 and a great granny at 58.

But that family! Wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

My Nan is 89 and we only realised a few days ago that she has at least 3 great great grandchildren :eek: We're all spread out a bit around the place and it was only when we had a proper think about the extended family that we realised. Helped in no small part by a great grandchild fathering a baby when he was 14 but shhh, makes for a good story! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My nan is 64 and has two great grandchildren and if I have anything to do with it she won't be getting great great grandchildren until she is in her 90's :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My girls had 3 great grannies,2 in their 90's and 1 in her 80's and I thought we were doing well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

My friends mam (call her R) was a great granny at 60! And her mam was a great great granny at 80 I think!!
    R- She's 65 now I think- her daughter is in her mid 40's, her daughter's daughters (granddaughters) are about 23 and 12, and the eldest of those 2 has her 2 great grandaughters who are about 5 and 3.
    My friend (R's son) is 28 and his son is 3.
    I love families like that- having all the generations around is amazing!
    My grandparents on both sides were in there 30's having my parents, and my parents were 35 when they adopted me so most of my grandparents had passed away before I had a chance to know them properly at all.
    Though I'm making my mam and dad relatively young grandparents so hopefully my baby will know his grandparents well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

My nanny just died there 2 years ago, she had well over 30 grandkids and probably close to that in great grandkids, my other nanny has 9 grandkids and is in her early 80's. One of my favourite pics of my eldest is myself, my dad and his mam holding the little one when she was just a couple of weeks old. I love pics of 4 generations and thankfully we have a fair few, my hubbie still has his 2 nans, one with just the 5 great grandkids the other with 6 but sadly the eldest of her great grandkids passed away last year.

I remember my great grandad vaguely, I used to ask my mam why grandad didnt smoke his pipe anymore and she told me when I was older that he never smoked a pipe that her grandad passed whn I was quite young and how I used to love sitting beside him when he was smoking his pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I was sexually active for just under a year before my great-grandfather died, so if I'd gotten unlucky I guess he could have made it to great-great-grandfather.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Babyblessed

My mother-in-law became a great granny this year at the old age of 56.... She had her eldest at 16 1/2, became a granny at 34 1/2 and ggran at 56 and 3 months......

Advertisement