Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kielys Electrical extended insurance query

Options
  • 10-06-2011 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi there,
    i hope someone can help with this:

We've got a bit of a dilemma.
    It's not life threatening or anything but in the economic climate we live in.......

The Story:

We bought a TV over 4 years ago and with that we bought a 5-year insurance package on it.Total cost was about €1500-
    (we splashed out and hoped it would last well over the 5-year timescale) Fantastic 50" TV, great for rugby and movies.

Now the TV is acting up and we cannot find the extended insurance docket or receipt for the TV.

We bought the TV and insurance in Kiely's in Tralee. They closed down a couple of years ago (Liquidation) so you can understand our dilemma.

Is there anyway of finding out who Kiely's would have used for insurance packages? Or would anyone out there have bought a similar insurance package from them (Kielys) and know the insurance company?

Or is this a wasted effort in that we would need the receipt or docket? Surely they would be able to trace it back using, maybe, the serial?

Cheers and thanks for any help i may receive,

Harry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Harryob1 wrote: »
    Is there anyway of finding out who Kiely's would have used for insurance packages? Or would anyone out there have bought a similar insurance package from them (Kielys) and know the insurance company?

Without the insurance document, you may not get anywhere anyway, even if you do find out the insurer. I'm assuming the insurance was provided by a third party, and will not be effected by Kiely's going into liquidation. If it was linked to them, then it's probably gone too.

It's going to be a struggle, that's for sure, but keep at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Harryob1

Cheers,

The problem is, i don't even know who to contact that may be able to help.

Well, maybe somebody will reply here with a name of the insurance company that Kielys used.

Thanks anyway,

Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Spend a maximum of 10 hours at it.

At that stage forget it and buy a new TV, the new TV will be cheaper than your time.

You can pickup a 40inch now for 500/600 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Harryob1 wrote: »
    Cheers,

The problem is, i don't even know who to contact that may be able to help.

Well, maybe somebody will reply here with a name of the insurance company that Kielys used.

Thanks anyway,

Harry.

Our TV was bought in Kielys, but I was too tight to pay for insurance, instead preferring to risk it.:pac:

You might find some knowledgeable electrical consumers in the Kerry forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=958

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Harryob1

Thanks ejmaztec,

i'll try there and see if i get any joy.

Harry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please don't suggest alternative forums as we end up with duplicate threads. Instead, please use the "Report Post" functionality so that a moderator is alerted and can move the post to a better forum.

Moved to the Kerry forum. Hopefully someone there can provide more information.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

dudara wrote: »
    Please don't suggest alternative forums as we end up with duplicate threads. Instead, please use the "Report Post" functionality so that a moderator is alerted and can move the post to a better forum.

Moved to the Kerry forum. Hopefully someone there can provide more information.

dudara

Sorry, my mistake:(

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Hoof Hearted

Call Fred from Kielys. Not sure of his last name, Hugh Culloty of Culloty's Electrical probably knows where to find him. Radio Kerry should also know something as he use to voice many of the ads for Kielys.

I bought a record there once when it was called Kielys Records.
    A google search shows his name as Fred Moynihan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Fred Moynihan is indeed his name, but I'm not sure the guy would want to be dealing with issues from a company that folded and put him out of a job after countless years of service. I would guess that he might prefer not to hear about Kiely's at all anymore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kingdomcomms

Fred's a nice bloke and won't mind answering your questions which to him are very simple and no bother. He works with Suits Distributers, Next to George Poff Motors, Unit 4, Pier 17, Dingle Road, 066-7128725.
    He's a consummate sales man and You never know, he might even sell you a new suit !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Fred's a nice bloke

I never said he wasn't nice. He is a pure gentleman, but I doubt he would want to be bothered with Kiely's related things any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kingdomcomms

And I never said that you said he wasn't a nice person :D

I was trying to help the original poster by putting him at ease with regard to approaching Fred.

I am a salesman and so is Fred. A sales person's brain doesn't think like yours. A sales person is a businessman and business people don't see a simple and easily answered question like the poster has as being of any significance or problem regardless of how his previous employers treated him.

And as I already said, Fred will see his approach as an opportunity to make a new sale or future customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carlosvan

yeh i totally agree, im in sales and i wouldnt mind one bit someone askinmg me about a old job and would use it as a contact to maybe a future sales,

Advertisement