Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

300 new houses ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

And yet theres still developments lying empty and unfinished around the county.

They say the council have given the go ahead, I wonder whats the bank said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

irish-stew wrote: »
    And yet theres still developments lying empty and unfinished around the county.

They say the council have given the go ahead, I wonder whats the bank said.
    "Ach it'll be grand sure" I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

In my book 1+1=2 and 300 more new houses in the present climate of things does not add up.
    There is obviously something more going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of.
    There must be some kind of insider information going on, my money is on LK town council buying all these when completed, more jobs for the boys, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

There has been a lot of applications granted, 200 houses up Kiltoy Letterkenny and another large phase out at ballymacool, but i think its developers trying to get planning so it'll increase the value of their land. I cant see any of these developments being built in the next 10-20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Your sitting with a pocket of land that has very little access, no planning permission and its valued on paper as being worth lets say €1mil, so you apply for permission to build 300 houses and put a bridge in from the center of Letterkenny. Your land is now worth maybe €10mil on paper id say thats the idea behind it.

Not that you would ever see the €10mil but it might have other uses for offsetting loans etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement